“Peaceful Winter Retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 hotels in Falmouth
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Peaceful Winter Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at the property in December on business. I enjoyed how peaceful it was. Despite the typical December weather, I enjoyed wandering on the beach. I recommend splurging on an ocean front/side/view room for the view of course and the soothing sound of the waves. I found my room to be very clean and nicely appointed. I stayed in a Sundeck room. The staff was very nice both at the front desk and in the restaurant. This is a great resort for on the Cape.

Room Tip: Any room facing the ocean is worth it as the hotel has its own private beach.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
I’m so pleased to hear that you liked us enough to stay twice in one week. I am sorry that you thought our restaurant expensive, so opted not to dine. Believe me, our culinary staff does a terrific job.

The best part of your review for me was reading that you found our staff service minded. That makes me the most proud.

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to review us. Do come back soon!

Clark Guinn
Regional Director of Operations
Scout Hotels

545 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Boston and...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I liked this hotel a lot. Stayed here the first and second times this week. The room was large, light, recently redone, fireplace, entirely new bathroom, up-to-date plump bed, beach/ocean view from the bed. The exercise room and (3) indoor pools were fine. I didn't eat at the restaurant because I thought it was expensive, and there was just me. (Why two stays? Excellent rate during the week, except there was a conference one night in the middle.)

Looong walks on the west-facing (full-face sunsets) soft, white sand beach. And the water was crystal clear. ...OK, sweater and jacket, but there is a LOT to recommend a winter Cape beach walk. ...A big part of recommending this hotel in the winter.

Oh - the staff were very service-minded. And especially: As I was checking out, conference attendees were checking in, and the staff really worked as a team as people with variations on arrangements hit the usual conference speed-bumps as they checked in.

[NB: I gave room service, below, a "5" so as not to draw down my over all "5" rating, though I didn't use it.]

Room Tip: The 800 building has fireplaces.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The Sea Crest is one of my favorite spots on Cape Cod. My family and their friends started going there in the mid 70s and we always had a wonderful time. The beach there is soft and white and cleaned daily by the staff, and the water is usually warmer than on the Atlantic side. We stayed there when visiting our families and watched its steady decline. Finally, as put four years ago, when we were there, we said never again. The place was moldy, the rooms in deplorable condition, and in general, had gone "to the dogs." Last year, we read that the hotel had been redecorated and was under new ownership. We went back and were totally impressed with the new decor, furniture, carpets, lobby, dining rooms, and coffee shop: an astounding transformation.
We were there last summer and the staff was wonderful. Plenty of umbrellas, towels, seaside games and service, plus music in the afternoon. We had a wonderful time and told our friends and relatives. In October, the hotel was booked! Two weddings and parties galore. We were there for a 100th birthday party a few miles away, so my brother-in-law and wife booked too. They had such a nice time and saw how child friendly the place is, that they're going to bring their family and grandchildren next summer. Food was good, some of the nicest wait staff ever!

Room Tip: We prefer ocean front or ocean view rooms. There are no elevators in the building over the indoor po...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cape Cod
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

After checking out of another Falmouth establishment, due to poor room quality, we decided to try and find the Sea Crest. And we were not disappointed by this decision. First we were warmly greeted by Lauren at the front desk, unlike the other place we left. Then we were told they could check us in, we were relieved. Then happiness set in from every direction there after. The cozy, clean room with a sea view was delightful. The inviting indoor pool/Jacuzzi was relaxing. Red's restaurant was friendly and had decent faire. What wasn't there to enjoy? Well a few minor things such as the bathrooms could use makeovers. But overall it was a lovely stay and there weren't any unpleasant surprises. We will return.

Room Tip: Splurge on a sea view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This review is mainly about the staff. First though I will say the hotel is very nice - we had Thanksgiving dinner (done ver nice and the view is special) and stayed one night. In the morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet.
We were treated when we arrived and requested a room change to better suit the needs of our 14 year old daughter (she has cp and autism so requires a wheelchair). We don't have the name of the staff member who checked us in but kudos to her for being so accommodating. By the time we arrived for our 3pm dinner reservation I was concerned because my daughter was having a tough time adjusting and some behaviors were starting up. The staff was just not affected at all - they were kind and spoke to her directly not even distracted by her behavior. That's amazing because usually people avoid us at this time! My most positive review goes to Steve. He was our dinner waiter. He had wonderful energy and recognized Our daughter from a previous visit to the hotel. He was always responsive to our needs and kind to both our children. In the morning Anita was our waitress and she too showed a level of kindness that we rarely experience!

It's almost as if the staff has been trained to understand the challenges a family who has a special needs member experiences. I am just so impressed please be sure to give this hotel a try!

Jill

Room Tip: Many good rooms with somewhat of a view. There are different buildings so if you stay in the winter...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Definitely spring for a room with a view of Buzzards Bay. Our room was bright and airy and had a spectacular view. Amenities at the Sea Crest were very nice as was the dining. The pool area can get a bit crowded so be sure to get there early unless you prefer to hang out on the nice sandy beach.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

What a wonderful experiance we had at Sea Crest. The staff, the food, the toom and of course the beach. We arrived the day before the first snow "dusting" and it was beautiful sitting for breakfast watching the snow fall. The Manager Clarke was a joy and sat at our table and visited with us. This is a place taht also takes care of it's community. When we were there we witnessed a touching scene that showed the heart of the staff for its' guest. Amazing management, chef's, wait staff, front desk, cleaning and lawn care providers. The property is beautiful and lots to do even on a snowy winter day. TOP NOTCH place, worth every penny. I will be back to this area next year and there is NO QUESTION where i will stay!! You can do no better than Sea Crest, any place else would be a let down after this.

Room Tip: Beach front is the best but if it is not avialable, all the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!