“Can't beat the Ocean View!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   350 Quaker Road, Falmouth, MA 02556-2943   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 22 hotels in Falmouth
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Can't beat the Ocean View!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The price was what you expect right on the ocean at the Cape. The hotel was very clean and staff was great. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast in the Ocean View is buffet style and a bit pricey at $18 pp for adults. There was an omelette and waffle station along with everything you could think of for breakfast.The hotel is close to the Shining Sea Bikeway and the Cape Cod Canal rail trail if you bring your bikes. The white sand private beach was very clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Oakton, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The location is great. The beach access is wonderful. The amenities are top notch....EXCEPT the beds. We stayed two nights in building 8 with a fireplace room. We had to call for sheets for our couch sleeper. The beds are not great....at least they weren't in our room. Our bed was not as supportive and I woke with a back ache after the first night and my wife got one the second night and we never get back aches unless we sleep in too-flexy non-supportive beds. The pillows were awful....like nothing to them and small...very little structure. I won't comment on the other hotel amenities as they are fine. Really this review is meant to focus on the beds and pillows. Also we accidentally left the do not disturb on the door but asked housekeeping if they could clean the room when we were out in the early eve...no problem...except it never happened and then when we ordered extra TP and towels the next morning...they took over an hour to get to us. We traveled with two adults, one teenager and two school aged kids. The kids loved the pool and loved the beach access. It is a good beach hotel but think there were compromises made in the mattress and pillow dept.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed there only for one night but we loved it. Everything is renovated and looks great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a small beach close to it and they offer heated pools. Our room looked outside like a motel but when you opens the door everything looks great. The room was spacious and clean. We had a nice fireplace and could see a bit of the ocean and sunset.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandwich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

As the Father of the Bride with family members and guests coming into town from ten different states from around the country to celebrate this special day, one hopes and prays that the venue you choose will be accommodating and enjoyable for all our invited guests. Not to mention my Daughter!
We chose the Sea Crest Beach Hotel for such an occasion. I don’t even know where to start. Choosing This Hotel, by far and away is one of the Top 3 greatest decisions I have made in my life!!!. Especially on this special day for our Daughter. The Sea Crest Hotel, and the Hotel Staff are Unmatched when it comes to delivering TRUE & SINCERE hospitality with CLASS!!!.. I cannot even begin to find an accurate adjective that can provide justice with respect to the Hotels Service, Cleanliness, Hospitality, SURROUNDINGS (Right On The Ocean!), and overall approach to FULL customer service. And the Food… 5 STAR ! ! ! Hands down the Best New England Clam Chowder in the world.
Every single guest that attended the wedding and stayed at the Hotel, insisted that this was the greatest wedding they had ever attended. The entire atmosphere combined with the Hotel Staff and General Manager Clark Guinn, is absolutely TOP SHELF! ! !... I must also mention that the Sea Crest Wedding Coordinator Caitlin Concannon is a one of a kind, and remarkably organized and professional. 70% of the wedding guests intend on returning next year for their family vacations! And as I mentioned above our guests came in from California, Florida, Texas, Georgia, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Michigan, and Rhode Island. Most will be back next year if not sooner.
The Sea Crest Hotel is a 15 on a scale of 1 to 10. Great time had by all, and as Father of the Bride I could not have been happier… Sea Crest Hotel, You did me Proud. Thank you
John Daley

Brookline, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property for a 2 day business meeting and found it clean, comfortable and pleasant. Highlights included :

balconies off of each hotel room which offered spectacular ocean views and easy and

convenient check in (pre registered) and check out.

The conference rooms were frequently refreshed and the banquet staff was friendly but non intrusive. The only complaint that I overheard from colleagues was that they struggled a bit with wifi service. I personally didn't experience this issue. Also, the indoor pool & fitness facility looked great, but I didn't get to use it. It seems that this hotel does a lot of conference business and I'd definitely recommend it for that purpose .

• Stayed September 2013
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

To be clear, I have reasonably low expectations of your average Cape motel but the Sea Crest has been surprisingly nice:

The Good:
-Clean and good in-room amenities
-friendly staff
-more than you'd expect for an average motel on the Cape
-updated rooms with comfy bed
-updated decor
-Good food, excellent catering (here for a corporate event)

The Not as Good:
-surprisingly, not much but be warned that the layout and structure of the place is your average motel format--rooms along a U-shape overlooking a pool/ocean setting. If you're looking for a different setting, you won't find it here. However, the Sea Crest does a ton to make you forget that you're in a motel setting and should be commended for bringing the amenities and poshness of a hotel to a motel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were guests at a wedding at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel this last weekend, and knew nothing about the hotel. I booked the room when I received the 'save the date' before the invitation and really didn't think much about it again for 8 months! I received a nice email reminder the week before our arrival - which was a nice touch, as again, I hadn't looked at my reservation since I had made it. The place seemed very large when we pulled in, and at first confusing, but the staff was ever so helpful and our room! WOW! View facing the ocean straight on! SPECTACULAR! Room was very clean and furniture/bedding very nice. We are 2 children 2 adults, so the two beds were good, but they were full size and not queen - - might have been good to ask if we wanted a rollaway for one child - but we did do fine. The refrigerator was great to have and the balcony was beautiful.
We enjoyed our pool side dinner the first night, and enjoyed the beach and pools before the 4:30 pm wedding. It was so nice to be so close to everything. We went to the breakfast buffet and felt like we were really at a special resturant. Everything was great and quite reasonably priced. We had lunch pool side and truly enjoyed the bartenders/servers ( I think steve and owen) they were fun, patient and great at their jobs. The mojitos were superb. Again, pricing was really fair. The wedding was on site and the reception and dinner were fantastic. The food at the wedding was truly delicious ( I don't say that often for wedding food, or banquet food) While we were at the wedding we had a babysitter take care of our children ( hotel does not provide babysitter names, I got ours off of sitter city) and the sitter and children had dinner at reds, and went to a movie set up for kids. The sitter was having as much fun as the kids! We wanted to get a late check out, but someone was booked for our room - instead the staff welcomed us to stay and helped us store our beach things - and encouraged us to use changing rooms and showers by pool. We again had another poolside lunch and were pleased.

I can't wait to figure out when we can go back - unfortunately it won't be until next summer -but if I lived closer, I'd certainly go anytime.

For the ratings - I can't comment on room service or the spa, but everything else gets the highest rating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!