“There are many reasons to love this hotel my the manager is the biggest one” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Crest Beach Hotel

Spring Savings 20% Off
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“There are many reasons to love this hotel my the manager is the biggest one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Clark Guinn has been the manager here since new ownership took over and a bunch of renovations happened. This is our family's third or fourth summer coming here for a visit and each year the service is great, the amenities are great, the staff is friendly, it's clean, I could go on and on. But the manager is truly the best part. He remembers the visitors and greets them; speaks with them and does everything he can to make sure their stay is wonderful.

Just today I ran into him on our first day and casually mentioned it was my daughters "half" birthday...chuckling that no one really celebrates that but her. He immediately asked one of his staffers to send some goodies to our room for her. Soon a small dessert arrived on a plate with "Happy Birthday" written on it in chocolate as well as some chips and juices, all on the house. If you want a great vacation in Falmouth on beautiful old silver beach (Sea Crest has a private area on the beach) by a;; means book your stay at Sea Crest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at Seacrest from Friday 8/16 to Sunday 8/18. Upon check in at 3:15 PM, our reserved room was not available so the front desk associate re-assigned us to a different room which was fine. The room was spacious with a fireplace and large bathroom and was clean except for the 3 spiders making webs in the bathroom. The biggest complaint we have with the room is that the pillows and mattress were terrible. The website boasts "Sealy® Pillow Top Mattresses" but our mattress was rock hard with not even a mattress cover on it/ It definitely was not a pillow top. The King bed had 3 standard sized pillows that were flat as pancakes. The resort was completely booked for the entire weekend as so we were unable to change rooms.

Saturday morning, we enjoyed breakfast at the Oceanview Room. It was high quality food with a large variety and worth the $18/pp as it included all non-alcoholic drinks.

After breakfast we spent the day searching for chairs at the private beach. People were packed in like sardines and there were no chairs to be found. We were offered mats to lay on the sand. One of the biggest draws for us for this report was the fact that it was a private beach with chairs and umbrellas. There were clusters of chairs reserved by towels with no patrons using them. That was a little frustrating, but if I reserved a seat, I would want it to be there when I got back so I can't complain about that part. The annoying part is that they have a completely booked hotel and there aren't enough chairs to accomodate their guests paying over $399/night plus taxes and $15/day resort fee.

The available water sports were wonderful and reasonably priced. My step-daughter loved the paddle-boarding.

We headed off resort for dinner on Saturday night. (Chart Room - Great place for drinks/sunset; food was pretty good, but reservations highly recommended for dinner) We returned well after 1 AM to our same uncomfortable bed. Housekeeping started banging (not knocking, but banging) on our door at 9:00 AM without leaving 1 minute for me to wake up, get out of bed and open the door before he started to enter the room. I was like "can I help you"? and he said they were seeing if the room was occupied as they have no rooms available. I said we are still here and haven't checked out (they should work on automating this process) and would check out at check out time. 35 minutes later, he was back banging down the door.I realize it's summer on Cape Cod, but the fact that housekeeping is making you feel like you need to hurry up and check out doesn't make you feel very welcome or important given how much money we spent for 2 nights. I did mention this to the front desk upon check out. They refunded $15/day resort fee ($30 total) for our inconvenience.

Not sure the hotel is worth the hype. Might be a more pleasurable experience off season, but then again the weather wouldn't be as warm.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
We are making a concerted effort to increase the outfitting of all of our rooms with the Sealy Pillow Top Mattresses as stated on our website.
It’s difficult to predict how many people are going occupying each room, sometimes it’s a couple and other times families cram as many as 5 people in a room, which effects the chair count as well as how much space we have on the beach. We do however; anticipate buying additional chairs for beach use in the future. We do apologize for your dissatisfaction and hope that you will come back and stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Unbelievable location paired with an amazing staff make for a perfect vacation. Servers are phenomenal and extremely attentive. Matthew Barber in particular made our experience top notch. Thank you for a great experience.

Arlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Sea Crest Beach hotel in August. We had an ocean view room right above the indoor pools and loved our experience. It was great to be so close to the indoor and outdoor pools, the take out window, the outdoor bar, and the beach. Everyone on the staff was helpful and friendly. We really felt like we were able to relax and enjoy. The room was spacious and included a mini-fridge, plenty of counter space and a nice bathroom. Everything was very clean and our room might have been newly renovated (everything looked new). The kids loved the indoor reflection pool (for younger kids) and the beach was beautiful. There were plenty of people on staff to help bring chairs and umbrellas to wherever we wanted on the beach and the availability of towels was great. Having a waitress on the beach who would bring beverages right to us was wonderful. While the Sea Crest is pricey during the summer season, I am happy we made the trip and hope to visit again.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth the price since the beach is so beautiful.
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I grew up going to Old Silver Beach and remember when the Sea Crest wasn't much to look at. Times have changed. I recently stayed one night with my mother and I can't wait to return. Although I did not take advantage of all the hotel had to offer, it was evident the staff went out of their way to provide for their guests.

I had a room with a king size bed and great view of the parking lot, but that was what I chose to pay for. The room was very clean, had a great fridge, TV and shower. Also no issues with the WiFi.

The deck is great for lunch, but should be larger to dedicate to more people. The outside lunch food is what you would expect for the beach. More healthy choices would be a nice addition. Mom and I hadn't sat at Old Silver for years and spent a couple hours at the table. We never felt rushed by our waitress and tipped her well for it.

We took advantage of the full brunch ($18) the following morning. I thought the price was a little high, but the food I had was really good.

I hope to return and be able to take advantage of more of the beach related services. I couldn't tell if they tried to keep the guests with kids to one area of the beach or not as they will set up chairs and umbrellas for you.

Pembroke, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We just spent a weekend at Sea Crest and loved it! First, the staff really stood out. It is a very well staffed resort with people ready to help every turn you take. They were all smiling and enthusiastic, seeming to truly love their work. It was noteworthy how happy and helpful they all were. The resort knew we had a very young infant with us and went out of their way to be accommodating. The room was very clean and comfortable in every aspect with a picturesque view of the ocean. We spent some time at the pool area and enjoyed it. It was a bit loud and crowded but fine. The poolside bar and takeout window were great... pricey, but that is expected. Their white, sandy beach is a good size and well maintained. Staff was eager to help with chairs and umbrellas. The whole resort is literally right on the water... steps to the sand. We had dinner in Red's (on site) one night and really enjoyed our meal in that nice setting. Overall, it was a great stay. I would say it is very overpriced but other Cape Cod resorts charge the same money and don't offer nearly as much quality or sercice. Last summer I stayed at the Ocean Edge Resort, for example, and I found Sea Crest far superior in almost every single aspect. In my 35 years in Massachusetts, this is the best Cape Cod resort I have stayed at. I typically leave Cape Cod annoyed I had to pay such high prices for an average hotel. This time, I left feeling the price reflected the outsfanding staff and overall excellence I experienced. I will absolutely be back.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights at the venerable Sea Crest. We stayed in the main building which contained older and a bit more tired rooms. That being stated, we enjoyed our brief stay on our favorite Cape Cod beach--Old Silver. The room was large enough to accommodate our family of 5 with an added roll-away bed. Staff was friendly and helpful. The beach on the property was well kept and there were ample chaise lounges and umbrellas. Because the beach is on western facing Buzzards Bay, we enjoyed beautiful sunsets each night. The nearby village of Woods Hole (15 minute drive) is a lovely place with good restaurants and a picturesque harbor. It is also where you can board the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. The town of Falmouth also has several restaurants and shops along Main St. About a 10 minute drive. The Sea Crest also has both an indoor and outdoor pool and fitness center. A restaurant is on site but we chose to go elsewhere. It is pricey but it is the height of the season. Overall, I'd recommend the hotel to family's willing to pay a little extra mainly for private beach access and a few amenities like a pool and gym.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!