Being that it was my first trip to Cape Cod I was warned that the hotels and resorts would not be up to the usual level that I was used to from my excessive amount of traveling. With this in mind my expectations going in were rather low. Having now been and experiencing it I must say that some things excelled and others fell miserably short. I was told the rooms and grounds were recently renovated and from the first appearance they looked rather nice. The rooms were updated and nicely done and the building was in very good shape. My biggest complaint is the bathrooms. Being someone who is 6'3" I have to say that there was no room in the bathroom to even turn around. It was a nice touch to have the sink outside of the bathroom, however, in this instance it might have made more sense to incorporate them into one room and allow for a little extra space. The beds were alright, but the pillows were paper thin and made for a tough night's sleep. Due to the pending forecast (which of course wasn't right) we were upgraded to an oceanview room since there were lots of vacancies. It was rather nice and a great touch, but with what they said they regular price of the room was, I'd say would be a major rip-off if anyone had to pay full price. It was fantastic that the hotel is right on the beach and the attentiveness of the staff and help they provided with chairs, umbrella, etc.. was top rate. However, some of the facilities lacked entirely. The bar staff seemed a little clueless regarding anything ordered that wasn't on their "drink menu" and never too friendly. Cape Cod has also always been a more relaxing and peaceful destination and it seems like this hotel is trying to be out of the norm. A little odd that they have very loud music (ie steel drum band or other bands) blasting and playing pool-side. Definitely detracts from the area and the crowd there.
We had a particularly unpleasant situation one night at the bar when apparently their credit card machine went down and no one was told until it was time to settle tabs and we did see many irate customers in the bar who had run up decent size tabs and would not have done so if they were told it was a cash-only night. Then, after the first round was bought, I ordered a 2nd drink and went to close my tab out (which was just the second drink) and the bartender tried to charge me again for the whole first round for our party. After pointing out his mistake, he took one drink off and this continued for a decent argument before he finally charged me (or rather overcharged me) for just one drink which I paid the extra for just to be done with it. No way to run a business, especially at a resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel is located on one of the most beautiful beaches on Cape Cod. Just 70 miles from Boston, Sea Crest Beach Hotel is perfect for a wedding, reunion, corporate event, or just that perfect Cape Cod vacation, Sea Crest Beach Hotel on Old Sliver Beach will make your time on Cape Cod memorable. Sit by our outdoor saline pool, lie on our pristine, white sand, beach overlooking Buzzards Bay, go windsurfing, swimming, or just relax with a good book. The Sea Crest Beach Hotel is Cape Cod’s finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sea Crest Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
- Sea Crest Falmouth Ma
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod