“Renovated and beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
Quincy, MA
“Renovated and beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We have stayed at Sea Crest for 30+ years and have tolerated it becoming increasingly more run down each visit because we love the beach so much. Happy to report its new renovations are lovely and the service was wonderful, too! They no longer serve dinner in the main dining room (reserved for functions) but we had a fantastic (though pricey) breakfast there. Waiters were especially friendly and very prompt. Food was delicious!
The rooms are brand spanking new and luxurious (a little pricey there,too, but it's location makes it worth the cost.)

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are amazing! new outdoor hot tub
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review us…as long time (LONG TIME!!) guests of the Sea Crest, your input is extremely valuable. While the hotel was undergoing renovations, we were hard at work training our staff. I’m glad that our hard work has paid off.

Our Chef and his team are very proud of the restaurant and menus. I agree – the food is delicious.

With regard to guest room pricing…we did change the way we price our guest rooms. We work on a Best Available Rate system. The earlier one reserves, the lower the room rate will be. Last minute bookings will generally be priced higher than room reservations made well in advance of arrival. Even though we are entering our “high season” (translation: typically higher rates), there are periods this summer where our guest room rates are quite attractive. Visit our website to check availability and rates, or please feel free to reach out to me so I can assist you personally with your next reservation.

We can’t wait until your next visit…and your next 30 years as a Sea Crest Beach Hotel customer.

Kind Regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Stoneham, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel overnight for a business event. I was a vendor at an administrator's conference and wanted to save some money. The conference took place at the Sea Crest. I was told the least expensive rooms had not yet been renovated, but were comfortable, so I booked one expecting the worst. If this room had not yet been renovated, then the newer rooms must be lux. My room was VERY nice. The bathroom was certainly modern and wonderful...I guess I expected a musty old hotel room. For the cost, the room, ammenities and the wonderful service was SO worth it...I would certainly go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
I’m so glad that you had such a positive experience! The hotel, with this renovation, now matches the fabulous location!

It sounds like you may have received an upgrade to a renovated standard room (at an “un-renovated” price!) I’m glad. For the record, the un-renovated rooms are quite nice; they are more “inn like” than resort like; they differ in size and shape, and offer no view or an obstructed view, but they are all clean and in good working order. The lower price makes these rooms quite the bargain for our beachfront location.

Come back to visit us soon!

Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I don't know where to begin. The Seacrest is beatiful and the staff was great. Our check in began with Miriah at the front desk and she did everything possible to make sure we enjoyed our stay (which we did, can't wait to go back the end of August) My husband got a very bad burn the first day on the beach and one of the staff members approached us with some aloe which I forgot to pack. Owen at the outside bar was so nice with his big smile and the staff for the breakfast the following morning was so nice. The chefs cooking the eggs and waffles had great sense of humors. We even added an additional night to our stay for Sept 1st. My daughter can't stop talking about the ocean, sand and pools.

Thank you so much Miriah!!!! See you Sept 1st if not before!
The Kiernan's

Cotuit, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Nothing but problems with my reservation and payment. I do not recommend at all! Front desk had no idea what they were doing, it took 15 minutes to even find my reservation.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
New Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I visited the Sea Crest for the first time last month and then again this past weekend. We can't get enough of it! We loved our room and the view (of course!) From check in to check out, Kaitlin Lonergan was amazing, and by far our favorite! She made our stay very special.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
I’m so glad that Kaitlin took good care of you! She’s a keeper…so, make sure you book many times over and visit us again and again so she can make each stay special. We look forward to your next visit!

Kind Regards,

Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed at the Sea Crest for 3 night during in June 2011. It was awful! The front desk staff have no idea what is going on. Our tv did not work in our room, we called down to the desk our first night and got a 'oh well' response. Frustrated we went down to the desk the following day and again got a 'ya we know.' At no time did anyone say sorry for the inconvience or even ask what room we were in. and there was absolutely no effort made to fix the situation. The Sea Crest's room guide states "Should you notice anything not in proper working condition, call! Your request will recieve immediate attention." ...well that's a lie.

In addition, my brother's fireplace did not work in his room. and on Sunday there was no hot water. We also had the 'do not disturb' on our door because we did not want the housekeepers in our room yet when we got back to our room they had been in there and our room was made up.

Unfortunately, the Sea Crest's horrible service took away from its gorgeous location. If the staff could get their act together it would be incredible...but their bad attitudes and disregard for their guests made our stay miserable. It certainly was not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel. It goes without saying that I am very disappointed in the lack of service you received. Our number one goal is 100% guest satisfaction. Clearly, we failed.

I am sincerely sorry that your television did not work, and that the staff missed several opportunities to rectify the situation, and provide you with stellar service.

I have met with the Front Desk Manager this morning to discuss the very casual responses that you received and the “lack of urgency” to fix your guest room issue. One on one retraining on customer care will be completed immediately. I have also spoken with the Director of Housekeeping, who will be addressing our policy for “do not disturb” signs with her entire staff today.

I would very much like to speak with you directly; my cell phone number is 508-564-2551. I hope that you will allow me the opportunity to apologize to you personally on behalf of all the staff – from Maintenance and Housekeeping, to Front Desk. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sea Crest Beach Hotel again in the very near future so we can demonstrate to you our commitment to positive guest experiences and great customer service.

Bolton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

The Sea Crest Beach Hotel was truly amazing. The location was out of this world, it was literally our room, ...sand,... and then Ocean!!! The quality and feel of the rooms were top notch. The sheets were so soft and the beds were amazingly comfortable. Red's restaurant was great and had options of sitting outside or inside....we also had a poolside option too!! Our whole experience just oozed the luxury of the Cape, we loved it so much and will definitely be back again for a longer stay!!! Thank you to the Staff at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel, they really went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
CLARK-K6, Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Thank you very kindly for your glowing review of the Sea Crest. I am thrilled that your experience was so positive. Please do come back and visit us soon...the staff (and the sand) awaits you!

Kindest Regards,

Clark Guinn

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!