“Love it!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Love it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I visited the Sea Crest for the first time last month and then again this past weekend. We can't get enough of it! We loved our room and the view (of course!) From check in to check out, Kaitlin Lonergan was amazing, and by far our favorite! She made our stay very special.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
I’m so glad that Kaitlin took good care of you! She’s a keeper…so, make sure you book many times over and visit us again and again so she can make each stay special. We look forward to your next visit!

Kind Regards,

Clark Guinn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed at the Sea Crest for 3 night during in June 2011. It was awful! The front desk staff have no idea what is going on. Our tv did not work in our room, we called down to the desk our first night and got a 'oh well' response. Frustrated we went down to the desk the following day and again got a 'ya we know.' At no time did anyone say sorry for the inconvience or even ask what room we were in. and there was absolutely no effort made to fix the situation. The Sea Crest's room guide states "Should you notice anything not in proper working condition, call! Your request will recieve immediate attention." ...well that's a lie.

In addition, my brother's fireplace did not work in his room. and on Sunday there was no hot water. We also had the 'do not disturb' on our door because we did not want the housekeepers in our room yet when we got back to our room they had been in there and our room was made up.

Unfortunately, the Sea Crest's horrible service took away from its gorgeous location. If the staff could get their act together it would be incredible...but their bad attitudes and disregard for their guests made our stay miserable. It certainly was not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
CLARK-K6, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel. It goes without saying that I am very disappointed in the lack of service you received. Our number one goal is 100% guest satisfaction. Clearly, we failed.

I am sincerely sorry that your television did not work, and that the staff missed several opportunities to rectify the situation, and provide you with stellar service.

I have met with the Front Desk Manager this morning to discuss the very casual responses that you received and the “lack of urgency” to fix your guest room issue. One on one retraining on customer care will be completed immediately. I have also spoken with the Director of Housekeeping, who will be addressing our policy for “do not disturb” signs with her entire staff today.

I would very much like to speak with you directly; my cell phone number is 508-564-2551. I hope that you will allow me the opportunity to apologize to you personally on behalf of all the staff – from Maintenance and Housekeeping, to Front Desk. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sea Crest Beach Hotel again in the very near future so we can demonstrate to you our commitment to positive guest experiences and great customer service.

Bolton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

The Sea Crest Beach Hotel was truly amazing. The location was out of this world, it was literally our room, ...sand,... and then Ocean!!! The quality and feel of the rooms were top notch. The sheets were so soft and the beds were amazingly comfortable. Red's restaurant was great and had options of sitting outside or inside....we also had a poolside option too!! Our whole experience just oozed the luxury of the Cape, we loved it so much and will definitely be back again for a longer stay!!! Thank you to the Staff at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel, they really went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
CLARK-K6, Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Thank you very kindly for your glowing review of the Sea Crest. I am thrilled that your experience was so positive. Please do come back and visit us soon...the staff (and the sand) awaits you!

Kindest Regards,

Concord, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We are planning a wedding/family event at this hotel. Very frustrating to deal with these people related to: what type of room has been reserved; when you can check in (4:00PM check in time when we have a rehearsal dinner to get to at 5 PM?? What is that all about?). Reservations manager does not answer Emails or return phone calls. Very frustrating, especially for the prices that we will be paying. Front desk can not answer questions as to how many beds in the rooms that are reseved. Wow. Unbelieveably frustrating to deal with this hotel.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
CLARK-K6, Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience with the Sea Crest Beach Hotel. Our goal is to achieve 100% satisfaction from all our guests. I have reviewed your comments with my team; I am disappointed that your experience has not met your expectations and our goals. Please contact the Sales Department at the main hotel number for immediate and personal assistance. We look forward to your next visit and to demonstrating our commitment to superior service and positive guest experiences.
Clark Guinn, General Manager
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Just stayed for the grand reopening with my family. What a change. We love the location in the past - but the whole place has been renovated. Best place on the Cape!!! We will go back every year! Thank you to the new owner's for breathing new life into this place!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments and review of the "new" Sea Crest Beach Hotel. We are thrilled that you had such a positive experience and look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future!
Clark Guinn, General Manager
Braintree, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Words can’t describe how much I loved the Sea Crest Beach Hotel. I chose this destination from a friend’s recommendation and was so glad I gave it a try. The place is virtually brand new and the rooms are beautiful, very modern, fresh and extremely clean and inviting. I had a room with 2 double beds and it was the perfect size for a family of 4. The flat screen TV, refrigerator, coffee maker in the room were terrific touches. I was lucky to secure a room with an ocean view which was exactly 9 steps to the beach! My children loved the easy access and our patio came in handy nightly as a place to sit and relax after the children were in bed. My friend even prearranged the hotel to send me Champaign and a cheese plate which I thought was a fabulous way to launch my vacation.

The hotel is only a short drive from Boston and has everything you need to complete your stay. I travelled with my 2 children so we did it all. We played volleyball, went to the beach, pool, hot tub, arcade, gift shop, and poolside restaurant. We event took in their complimentary outside movie each night accompanied by freshly popped popcorn – so much fun! There is also a great outside bar overlooking the water and pool which I will try to visit next time – sans children.

The staff was overly attentive, young and eager to please. Housekeeping was efficient and did a great job servicing my room. Everyone on staff was well trained and went above and beyond to please each guests. I know the hotel has just gone through a complete renovation and I’m confident they will do extremely well given their improvements and offerings. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to experience Cape Cod. I can’t wait to go back again!

Room Tip: Fams will def. want a patio/singles a balcony
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review of the "new and improved" Sea Crest Beach Hotel. We are so proud of the changes that we have made to the property...it now better matches the gorgeous beach front location. I am most happy to hear that our staff was attentive and eager to please. Service is a key focus for all staff and management. I look forward to your return visit, with or without your family.
Clark Guinn,
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

In a word RENOVATION! I spent last summer at the Sea Crest. And after this trip I felt as if, with the exception of the most beautiful sunset on the Cape, I was staying at an entirely different hotel. Again leave the old expectations behind. You have got to see this place.
BTW If you love to bike/walk/run the newly extended Falmouth bike path is incredible it takes you through Cranberry bogs, beaches, under shady trees and ends in Wood Hole. This bike path is minutes from the hotel and is 11 miles one way. The hotel has bikes on site as well.
ENJOY!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the changes and renovations at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel. We are all very proud of the improvements that have been made and look forward to welcoming you back this coming summer.
Clark Guinn,

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!