“Good Indian Food, but expensive (for Indian)” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 149 restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Indian
Goshen, New York, United States
“Good Indian Food, but expensive (for Indian)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Finding Indian on the Cape is not easy. Back in NY and NJ Indian food is easily found and normally inexpensive. On the Cape, not so much. The restaurant is situated in Down-town Falmouth and is decorated nicely, but the lighting is a little dark, especially for lunch. We were greeted by a friendly host and shown to our seats. Our kids aren't ready for the Indian experience, but they told us they did have Chicken fingers and french fries. My wife and I had the Massala tea and Mango Lassi. Both were excellent and set us up for the Shrimp Samosa were also perfectly cooked, but we couldn't find the shrimp. My wife had the Chicken Tikka Massala and I had the Lamb Curry. Both were cooked with care and were very tasty. The kids loved their Nuggets and fries as well. We also asked for the Garlic Naan which was a great addition to the meal. All portions were adequate, but not overflowing. The bill came and I was a little shocked at over $70.00. I was a little taken aback by the nuggets being $12.00 and the fries being another $12.00. My wife explained that normally the nuggets come with fries and the host took off $5.00. Again, we understand all Cape Restaurants need to "make it" over the Summer or not make it at all, but robbery is another matter! In short the food and service was very good, but you're going to pay for it.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Massachusetts
“Wonderful Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The food is delicious, the sauces elegant and the desserts are also great. Four of us went out ust last night, and every dish was superb. the prices are very reasonable for the quality. Main dishes are in the $15 range.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“A Falmouth Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Golden Swan is one of my favorite restaurants in Falmouth. They're food is unbelievable, so good it even got the seal of approval from my desi friend, an accolade reserved only for her mother's cooking and a select few restaurants in New York and London. Let me just clarify that point: This is world class Indian Cuisine. If you think otherwise then quite simply you either don't know what you're looking for or don't know what you're talking about. They offer a wide menu of some of the most flavorful food you can find and to top it all off the Golden Swan is a family-run establishment, and a friendly one at that. I will say that the food isn't cheap, but it certainly isn't over-priced and their menu offers plenty ways to get creative and dine out on a budget, though I wouldn't advise it because you would really be missing out on a lot of great food.

I certainly don't get to go to the Golden Swan as much as I like but when I do I make sure to go all out; soups, breads, appetizers, meals, deserts and drinks. It's all worth it, even the feeling that I might never move again after eating all that food.

• Visited March 2014
falmouth
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular customer and Golden Swan has been by far the best Indian restaurant I've been to. I am a traveler and have tried Indian food all over the place, including England and this restaurant has always been better in regards to food and service. There is a review where it says that this restaurant "sucks" and I don't think that is appropriate to say to any establishments! If somebody has a problem with the service or food they should mention that and not just use inappropriate words because that isn't showing what that specific person didn't like about the place. Being a regular customer I come here frequently and it's not just busy on Fourth of July but also year round. So I find this nonsense on somebody saying that this place "sucks". It's not only an insult to a restaurant which has been open for a pretty long time but also to regular customers like us! We enjoy this place more than ever and will always love it no matter what others write as a review! This is a FINE INDIAN CUISINE and we suggest that people should go in and try it. You will love it! You have my word for that!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape Cod
“Best korma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Another couple and my spouse and I were attending a concert in Falmouth and needed to find a restaurant. We chose this one based on the rating and that we all like Indian food. The food was delicious! We started with tasty vegetable and meat samosas, 3 different lamb dishes plus 1 shrimp curry, garlic naan that was among the best I've eaten, and pouris. Excellent food, excellent service and very reasonable prices. Quiet background music and delicious aromas every time the kitchen door opened!

• Visited October 2013