“What a scam!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
Boston
“What a scam!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2007

I agree with the person who said that the Innseason resorts is a big scam. I also received a phone call telling me I had won 4 airline tickets as well as a bunch of gift certificates. I knew it was too good to be true but decided to check it out for fun. The salesman was a sleaze. The entire presentation was tailored to hide the fact that they wanted you to pony up $12,000 and pay about $250 a month forever, basically. They gave us a $25 gift card to use at Mashpee Commons that didn't work and the $50 gift certificate was essentially a rebate card. They'd pay you back for gas/food you bought. And the four free airline tickets? only good if you use them to one of their properties, and you pay for your stay. The property they gave the presentation was a major DUMP. (Cape Cod.)

Stayed April 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2007

Stayed as a member and stayed as a non member. Members stay in the nicest rooms in Falmoth. Great View. Walk to downtown.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — No wireless internet
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2006

The rooms shown on the internet are of their resort rooms. Most of these rooms are unavailable because they are for timeshare customers only. The room we stayed in was similar to that of a room at Motel 6. The room was poorly lit and dirty. The bathroom was tiny and the shower curtain was moldy. The ironing board was stained and moldy as well. I was very disappointed, especially because it was our honeymoon.

Stayed September 2006
washington, dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2006

This property is located on a harbor with passenger boats that go to Martha's Vineyard and other fishing boats. We found this hotel to be clean and adequate for $200 for two nights(on line special). We had a studio with one queen bed, a refrigerator, an area with a sofa and a chair and TV. We did not travel to this hotel on a timesharing deal and, therefore, we were not approached by the sales team.

• Liked — location
  • Tips/Secrets — get a discount on line
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2006

One week ago I was contacted via telephone that my husband and I had won a contest (4 round trip tickets anywhere as well as $75 in restaurant gift certificates. I was told that we should come to the office at the HarborView in order to pick up our prizes. Upon arriving we were informed that they would like to take us on a "walk and talk" tour of the hotel so that we could tell our friends and family how great it was. Once we got inside, we met with a sales rep. who told us the tour would take 90 minutes. We had our 8 month old baby with us. The sales rep. made us drive our vehicle around Falmouth while she showed us the other properties they owned. This took a total of over three hours. I felt like I was in a cult meeting! We were told we were not allowed to leave. The manager then told us that in order to get a timeshare (which we had no intention of doing) we would have to give him $1,000 that day and pay $171 per month for the next 10 yrs. That would allow us a one week vacation every other year, according to him. When we protested, he got angry and said that we could afford cable and cell phones, why couldn't we afford $171 per month? My baby was crying...I almost started crying...it was horrible. I woke up from a nightmare last night in which the insane sales rep. made me give them my credit card or they wouldn't let me leave!
By the way, in order to use the "free" airline tickets we "won", we must agree to stay at one of their resorts (paid for in full by US) for a minimum of 7 days.
This is a scam!!!

Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

i have been a timeshare owner at surfside resort in east falmouth massachusetts since it was built in 1998. surfside is now part of innseason resorts, much to my regret. i was deceived by a sales person for innseason, who contacted me at my resort while i was on vacation, representing herself to be from "guest services" inviting me to meet with her to discuss the changes that have been made, how i could make better use of my timeshare and to discuss the new "point system". i agreed to the appointment for 11/27 at innseason harborwalk resort. upon my arrival, it was obvious that this was a timeshare selling event. i met with a salesperson to see what innseason was offering the current owners. i found that they are offering us nothing that they are not offering to new owners. the pitch was that if i wanted to take advantage of "the point system", it would cost me $6500.00 and i would have to pay an additional yearly maintenance fee. i already paid $7500.00 for my timeshare and my maintenance fee for 2006 is $463.00. there is no cap to these maintenance fees. it was not until 2005 that the drapes and blinds, that had been originally hung in 1998, were replaced. resale of timeshares is difficult without taking a huge financial loss. in addition, all the other attendees had incentives to attend the seminar. i got nothing but an interrupted vacation and a sales pitch. i highly recommend that your travelers do not attend these seminars.

Stayed November 2005
Fairfield CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2005

We decided to stay there as a promo for a tour of the time share. When I arrived my husband fell ill. They would not let me go on the tour without him and I had to pay full price for a room I would not have chosen to stay in. The room was smelly and old and the bathroom had mold in it. I also caught fungus on my feet from the bathroom, which was quite unpleasant. They did not wash the bathroom thoroughly.
Aside from all of that,I wrote them an email to speak about my displeasure with the price and front desk and no one ever responded. Do yourself a favor,do not stay there. There are far too many choices in town. It's your vacation and your money;spend it wisely.

• Stayed November 2005
, Manager at InnSeason Harborwalk Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2006
I would like to offer an apolgy for the unpleasant stay that you and your family had at InnSeason Resorts Harbor Walk. Harbor Walk is a new venture for InnSeason Resorts having been recently purchased in the Spring of '05. This property was a former (seasonal) Best Western. For travelers who have frequented Cape Cod for many years and have stayed in properties that have been closed over the Winter months, unfortunately rooms tend to be musty. Harbor Walk is presently under renovations to become a year round property with many upgrades to the rooms. The lack of cleanliness in the rooms has been and will continue to be addressed once the property re-opens in May. Unfortunately your concerns during your stay or the email that was sent were never received otherwise they would have been handled immediately. We hope that you are able to visit the Falmouth area again and that you choose Harbor Walk to see the numerous improvements that we've made.

Been to InnSeason Harborwalk Resort? Share your experiences!