“It's a budget motel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Falmouth
Braintree
“It's a budget motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The staffs were very helpful. However, I can not get over the fact that this look, feel, and smell like a budget motel. The nice pictures on the web page are for time-share suites. I had the double queen unit. I don't think I will stay at any other InnSeason Resorts because of this experience.

Room Tip: Take the time-share suites, if it's available.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rochester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in October 2011 for a weekend getaway. We could walk to the Falmouth ferry from the hotel. We were also walking distance to a beach and downtown Falmouth. The hotel was comfortable and fine for our stay. Other guests made a little noise. Other than that we were very happy with this hotel and I would stay there again for the value and location. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Plymouth, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I sceptically attended a "free"session with the group trying to sell these time shares (excuse me, vacation packages). Our "free room"? Walked in and it smelled horrible. The water from the faucet came out yellow. The carpet had a terrible odor to it, The windos in the room were filthy. When we looked at our bed, the pillows looked like they had been run over by steam rollers, the mattress felt like we were sleeping on a bed of marshmallows and it stunk like everything else in the room did. Needless to say we had a horrible night sleep. After attending our meeting with our rep, and when I informed him I would never make a decision on spending any substantial money in an investment with just a single meeting with someone I did not even know and without extensively looking into the program they were offering; he insulted us by making a snide comment about, maybe we couldn't afford it. He became very indignant when we were expressing reservations and finally blew us off after about 45 minutes. When we checked out of our "free" room, there was nothing on the invoice indicating a 0 balance on the bill and I had to go back twice to the reception desk to get the attendant to finally write on it there was a zero balance. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Lots of promises, nothing good to see.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Corinth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

You can look out of your window and see the boats on the harbor. Easy walking distance to a grocery store and to one of the transports to Martha's Vineyard and possibly other islands. Price was very reasonable. The room was large but was a little lived in and dated. Part of the motel is a time share so the rooms that look the best from the outside are actually time shares. There is really no amenities at this site. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

This is our fifth trip to Cape Cod. We used our points from Club Navigo to book three nights over Thanksgiving weekend. Check-in was nice and fast. We got into our unit at two o'clock. This resort does not have a lot of facility. There is no swimming pool and laundry room. The only facility is barbecue grill, tanning deck and DVD on loan. Indoor pool and health club is at sister resort about five minutes away.

Our one studio suite is the big for Cape Cod. There is a good size bathroom, dining area that sit 3, sitting area has sofa bed and flat screen TV. There is not much storage. Balcony look out to the nice harbor. The unit is perfectly clean and newly renovated. Bedroom block off has very comfortable queen bed. No washer and dryer. Laundry facility is around the corner. A block from the Island Queen to Martha's Vineyard is very good. Many restaurant is close for the season but there are many open on Main Street. This is a good area to stay. The beach is closer than many I have stay in Hyannis and Yarmouth.

Local seafood market has fresh selection that you can cook in your room. There is so many great restaurant within a short drive. Fishing on the cape is fantastic. We have many great catch on the shore and a great many on the bottom fishing tour at Hyannis. Really short drive. Hyannis is a cute little town for dining and shopping. There is a theatric pub that you can eat and drink when you watch a movie about five minutes away.

We traveled two hours to Chaham and Providencetown. Both very cute towns with many restaurant and shopping.

Room Tip: Choose the vacation club suite
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Medfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I "won" a night at this location after filling out a raffle at a concert this past summer. After reading some of the reviews on this site, I was very nervous about going and even considered cancelling. There seemed to be a lot of negative about the timeshare program sales pressure and the cleanliness of this resort. I am very happy that I did NOT cancel.

We had an excellent experience there is past weekend (Oct 15, 2011). The checkin was a breeze. The room was very, very nice. Brand new carpet, bathroom floors & wallpaper in our room. NO MOLD. Bathroom was sparkling clean! Beds very clean and comfortable. It was a beautiful and very clean room (and I am often teased about be a "germaphobe").

We did go on the "timeshare tour". There was NO pressure to sign up. The 90 minute tour took us 60 minutes. We got a free night at the resort, our $20 gift certificate to a local restaurant (it is good only for the day you receive it). The 4 free plane tickets are being mailed to us. They had no vouchers that day. And as was stated in some reviews, they are only good if you use them to fly to and stay at one of their resorts in the next two years.

I have to say that most of the complaints I read about on this site could have been avoided if people just read the comfirmation letter that was emailed. Everything is spelled out pretty clearly in that letter.

So if you "win" a stay at this resort, and don't mind sitting through the timeshare "tour", I would highly recommend the Harborwalk!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

The wife & I stayed there during Labor Day week as we have for many years since it was privately owned back in 1982. The location is great for hopping on The Island Queen for a day trip to Martha's Vineyard and for visiting the rest of the Cape. Provincetown is an hour or less away and there are quite a few good restaurants, bars and shopping nearby the hotel and Falmouth Heights Beach is less than a mile away. The Inner Harbor view each morning is nice and the area is surprisingly quiet considering it is so close to the Island Queen and the inner harbor. The rooms are a bit older as mentioned by others, but this is my experience for most of the NE states for motels. It is clean and the manager (Tim) and people there care about your opinion and are very responsive. Little things like having to ask for coffee packets each day is annoying, but they hand them out easily at the office where they also have hot coffee and tea ready to drink. Under Best Western management they used to have a Continental breakfast, but not InnSeason. The regular (double queen) rooms have a fridge, microwave and coffee maker and two beds that are fairly comfortable.

Room Tip: The "regular" double queen was the least expensive and the one we booked. When we used to...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to InnSeason Harborwalk Resort? Share your experiences!