“Not worth the money for camping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Cod Campresort & Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Cape Cod Campresort & Cabins
You added Cape Cod Campresort & Cabins to your Saves list
176 Thomas B. Landers Road, East Falmouth, Falmouth, MA 02536   |
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
“Not worth the money for camping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here July 19th through the 23rd,2013. My friends and I took our boys for a short getaway. One of my friends booked this place without conferring us so we were shocked at how much it cost for just a camping trip. We were forced to pay for 4 nights, although we ended up leaving after 3. The pools were nice and the boys had fun swimming there. There was no lifeguard but there was a gentleman in a truck at the top of the hill that would whistle at people when they were going down the slide the wrong way or horseplaying, I didn't care for that. The bathrooms were ok although not super clean. I saw some kind of stain on one of the shower chairs that was there the entire time I stayed. The worst part though was how hot the bathroom was. It was so hard to feel clean after a shower because as soon as I got out I would start sweating immediately. There are stumps everywhere on the campsites and one night I trip over one of them and really hurt myself. I just think there are many campsites on the cape that are less expensive I really don't think this is worth the exorbitance price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
campresort, Guest Relations Manager at Cape Cod Campresort & Cabins, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We are very sorry that this guest was not totally satisfied staying in our Tent section. Although our rates might seem high it is important to note that we have more facilities and amenities than most other campgrounds on the Cape. We are the only Trailer Life rated 10 10* 10 campground . Our four night minimum stay only applies on weekends so tent campers wishing to stay for only a couple of nights are always welcome midweek. We are also sorry that our security staff stopping 'Horseplay' and 'Wrong-way' traffic offended this guest however most of our guests appreciate our efforts in controlling this. It is always a challenge to enforce rules while trying not to offend guests. There was a three day heat wave during this guest's stay and since the bathrooms at this time do not have A/C it is possible that the humidity level was high. We are considering A/C in our bathrooms for the upcoming season. It is quite unusual for campgrounds to offer A/C in rest rooms. As to the stumps we do grind stumps down if they are in areas that we consider part of the actual campsite however since we have 55 acres of mostly woods it is not practical to grind all of them. We will certainly look into the area in questionWrong-way and if necessary grind the stumps. Sometimes unless a guest actually brings this to our attention it does not get noted as a problem. There are many other fine campgrounds for tenting on Cape Cod that have less facilities and are less expensive, we are more of a destination campresort and cater to families and campers looking for more than just a basic campsite. Once again we are very sorry that this guest was not satisfied.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Wrentham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have been regulars at this campground for 5 years. This is our first time staying in one of their new "Glamsites." The Glamsites are close to the pool and recreation areas, are paved, have a privacy fence, brick patio and walkway to stone encircled fire pit. We have truly been spoiled in this spot! Thank you CCCR! This campground also offers two nice sized pools, plenty of activities and entertainment for the kids and a truly safe and family friendly (and dog friendly) atmosphere! We love the proximity to the beaches (kids take inexpensive lessons at Old Silver Beach every summer) and we love the easy access to bike trails & Martha's Vineyard too! Two thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
new hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just returned from 5 days at the campground and had a nice time. The site we had was plenty big enough for our 5th wheel and easy to get in /out of. The adult pool was great and at no time did we have any issues with anyone being there under 21. They have signs that ask you to contact the office if you feel someone is under 21 so I don't see why some people think they need to have someone monitoring it all the time. There we a lot of kids riding bikes so if you aren't into kids, this isn't the place for you. I think camping is great for kids ( I didn't have any with me) so we just went really slow entering/leaving the campground.
The staff in the office that I dealt with was great. I can't remember names but one gentleman in particular was great in telling us where to go to the beach and which ferry to use to get to the Vineyard and all was spot on. I will agree that some of the staff riding around in the golf carts should have had a little more smiles on their faces but I figured they were living there as seasonal campers and working there (Maybe I just happen to see them when they had to clean up after some adults)!

I would recommend this place if you want to be near a beach, the ferry's and to relax. It was clean, nice amenities, big enough sites and great location

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place is fantastic, it is incredibly clean, has beautiful pools and great activities for kids. The sites are great as they are a good size and some are wooded and have lots of privacy. The people are friendly and helpful. The only downside is the cost, but I justified it because it is cheaper than any hotel room on the cape in the summer. We loved it and will be going back in August!

• Stayed July 2013
Woburn, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed for three nights in July, campground was very clean and well maintained. Staff was helpful and friendly. Sites are decent size and most seem wooded. Good location, nice pools. I would definitely return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oakville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The sites are very clean and well maintained . The campground is very family friendly . The staff is very helpful and kind. Thank you to staff member John for making our stay very pleasent . He was very helpful from booking up until we left . I highly recomend Cape Cod camp resort if you want a quiet ,and clean place to stay close to some very nice beaches . I know we will be going back again. Thank you , Laura from CT.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a great time at the resort. My boys enjoyed the pool (especially the slide), the lake, and even saw a wonderful magic show! The staff was helpful and accommodating. The grounds were clean and well maintained. My boys can't wait to go back!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cape Cod Campresort & Cabins? Share your experiences!