“wonderful location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 hotels in Falmouth
Barre Massachusetts
“wonderful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday several weekends ago. The staff were great...very friendly and knowledgeable about the area.Our room was one of the small ones in the original motel. We were advised of this so no surprise and the savings was well worth it. It was so clean and the bathroom very new and updated. The grounds were beautiful with many flowers. We sat and relaxed on one of there wooden swings. The pool looked clean but not heated so not warm enough for me since it was before summer. The small breafast they offer was adequate for us .To me it was nice to have this at no cost and if you wanted a big breakfast there were many restaurants to chose from in the area. We walked about 5 minutesdown to the Ferry and took a day trip to Martha's Vineyard. The beach is also within walking distance. We would stay here again..loved it!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Falmouth MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We haven't checked out and my family and I are planning our next visit! The lodge is owned and operated by a local family. The grounds and rooms are kept clean and tidy. While the rooms are not huge, they are crisp, clean and bright. I traveled with my husband and two children ( ages 2 & 6) and we each found plenty of room to relax within the room & deck. The beach is literally their backyard; about a 3 minute walk. The ferry to Martha's Vineyard is about a 5 minute walk. There is a bike rental place about 2 minutes from the lodge. Down town Falmouth is about a 5 minute drive ( highly recommend having breakfast at Pickled Jar and lunch/ dinner at Anejo- Mexican restaurant). If you travel with children, I recommend you bring a basketball, baseball, and/ or bikes- there is a huge field directly behind the lodge that is open to the public. My kids practiced pitching, catching and batting : ) We were only here for four days but the staff at the lodge made us feel like family! Tell them the Cozzi's sent you : )

• Stayed June 2014
Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I booked this hotel for two non-consecutive nights in late May. It was convenient for the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. The hotel itself was OK, nothing special. It was clean and adequate. The hotel offered a complimentary 'breakfast', however, it wasn't much more than coffee and take out pastries. The sparse goodies were placed on a shelf in the reception area. I didn't see anywhere to actually sit to have breakfast. There were no coffee makers in the room and there really should have been. My real problem with this hotel was its cancellation charge policy. I booked a room two months in advance but needed to change the date. I didn't cancel the reservation really, just changed one date and actually added an additional night's stay. I booked the stay through Booking.com. When I tried to change the booking, they told me I needed to cancel and rebook and I would have to pay the hotel a $20. cancellation fee. Booking.com never billed me for the fee so I somehow assumed that since it was a date change and not really a cancellation, that they wouldn't charge me. I found the penalty fee tacked onto my hotel bill when I went to check in before the first night's stay. When I argued about the concept of the fee, I was told that it wasn't their fault but rather the fault of Booking.com. When I called B.com about it, they informed me that it was the hotel that set the policy. I can understand if one cancels a reservation on short notice but a reservation made months in advance and with an extra day added seems to me to deserve a pass on the extra $20 penalty cancellation fee. It smacks of greed. In this case, the hotel made its extra $20 but lost the good will of at least one of its guests. I won't recommend this hotel to friends and I won't go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is located in good location. Near beach and ferry terminal. Pool looked nice; however, didn't use it. Rooms were tiny, bed was extremely uncomfortable and pillows were awful! Bathroom was clean and updated, but very small.

• Stayed June 2014
Linden, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge. The property is beautiful and well kept. The rooms are updated, yet still have the charm of a motor lodge. We especially appreciated having a washer and dryer (coin operated) at our disposal (in a separate building on the property). The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay here again! The rooms were very clean and well appointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I'm so glad we found this spot for an overnight. The motor lodge rooms are fresh and clean; good mattresses for anyone with back issues, and large windows looking out onto beautiful mature trees and lawn with gliders to sit in. Bring your free continental breakfast out there and relax. The beach and beachfront dining are two short blocks away, through the property and across a playing field. There is nice space for children to play and my grandchildren would love it here. Lower rates available before mid-June when the season goes into full swing.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This small, but very well run, motel provides the traveller with squeaky clean accommodation in neat, well equipped and furnished rooms. The owners/hosts are warm, welcoming and helpful and there is light breakfast offered in the morning. Well situated to walk to the British Beer Company which is good place to eat and drink in Falmouth and well placed for travel to Martha's Vineyard.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!