“Can't wait to return” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“Can't wait to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

When I travel I want a great location, good value, and a room that is clean and safe. I can overlook minor problems and I can live without lots of extras, but I'm extremely picky about having a clean room. I always research hotels on TripAdvisor before I go. I know how valuable the reviews are, so I'll be honest and try to give you a good feeling for this property.

At first I was hesitant to stay here simply because the property is an older motor lodge and I have had some bad experiences in motor lodges. Many of them are run-down and dirty. But since it was #3 on Trip Advisor I decided to call and check rates. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. I felt like I was talking to friends. In fact, during my drive to the hotel one of the staff members called my cell phone to make sure I was on the way and to see if I needed directions. When I arrived she greeted me by name and told me where I could get lunch. I went shopping the first night for some groceries and a bottle of wine. The next day when I returned to my room she had put a bottle-opener by my bottle of wine.

I don't know the room number where I stayed, but it was one of 2 rooms that are sort of attached to the back of the owner's garage. I parked in the owner's driveway. The rooms can connect with a door between them. They share a cute little porch. The owner lives on property in a nice house. The original motor lodge is there, along with some other buildings and a pool (I did not use the pool but it looked very clean). I felt like I was a guest of the owner. My porch overlooked their beautiful yard which had a barbecue grill and swingset. I immediately felt at home and very safe (I was travelling alone). I did not feel like I was in a hotel.

My room had 2 twin beds pushed together. I would much rather have a king or queen, but it wasn't a big deal. There was a flat screen tv, a table and 2 chairs, and a kitchenette with a small sink, microwave, 2-burner stove, and mini-refrigerator/freezer. The bathroom has 1 sink and stall shower. The shower is tiny (I'm tall and thin) and water pressure not great. The room was very clean (except behind the chairs; no I don't normally look there but dropped some clothing behind that I had to get!) and there were plenty of soft and fluffy towels. The room smelled like it had been closed for awhile; not a bad smell but just a little damp and musty. This was fine after I opened the windows and turned on the ceiling fan.

It was an easy walk to the beach and 2 restaurants. The main street area was a quick drive away. The location was perfect.

Pros
-price
-location
-atmosphere
-safe
-clean
-EXCEPTIONALLY FRIENDLY STAFF
-beautiful grounds
-porch
-kitchenette
-tv

Cons
-very slow wireless internet
-tiny shower with little water pressure
-bit of a musty smell
-2 twin beds pushed together

Overall Impression: I can't wait to return, this time with family! It would be perfect for kids.

• Liked — The location, value, great staff, and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Slow wireless internet and 2 beds pushed together
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

My mother and I stayed in this hotel on Sept. 8 & 9th. Our room was on the second floor of a building called the Grand House ( they also had a typical motel structure ) and we had two double beds, which were very comfortable and a balcony with a very slight view of the ocean. The room was clean, staff friendly and the location was great for taking the ferry to Martha's Vineyard.We were extremely disappointed in their continental breakfast, it was simply coffee, a bag of grocery store donuts, and bad tasting orange juice on a corner table in the very small office.We probably wouldn't stay here again because of this and the fact the stairs were difficult for my Mom.

• Liked — Location for ferry to Martha's Vineyard
  • Disliked — Continental breakfast was a joke !
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dorset, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

We have just returned from the US and I would highly recommend Room 21 in the Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge as a base in Falmouth for those visiting from the UK - it is very good value for money - very clean, light and airy with a pretty terrace to sit out on. It is a two minute walk to the ferry for Marthas Vineyard - great for a day trip and a short walk to the beach and restaurants. The staff were so friendly and helfpul - a little oasis in a busy part of Cape Cod.

Stayed September 2008
capecod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

This is a family friendly Inn.

Clean and well maintained rooms, family friendly and the grounds are beautifully maintained.

We had a great family vacation and plan to return next year!

• Liked — convenient to most everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

My two year old son and I stayed in one of the kitchenette rooms for 2 nights. We were in Falmouth for a family reunion and the motel was perfect. It was very close to where the reunion was held and to the Main St. shopping area. The staff were exceptionally friendly (especially with my 2 year old) and the room was very clean and comfortable. Plenty of parking and my only regret is that the pool wasn't open yet (they were preparing it as we were leaving since it was early May) because it looked very inviting.

• Liked — The room was very spacious, immaculately clean and had a kitchen.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

The staff was very pleasant and helpful and our rooms were meticulous. It's just a short walk to the beach and the motel is about a mile from the center of town. The property is very well maintained and there are plenty of lounge chairs on the grounds. While it wasn't pool weather, it still looked inviting. Some of us stayed in rooms in the main building which were adequate but small and contained no amenties such as hair dryers and irons. They also seemed stuffy at times. My recommendation would be to upgrade to the more spacious units located in other buildings. Members of our party were very pleased with those accommodations.

• Liked — Quiet; good location; the grounds; cleanliness; nearness to beach.
  • Disliked — standard rooms have nice decor but are small and lack amenties
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Massachussetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

This beautifully cared for property embodies what a vacation on Cape Cod should be! The location is perfect, its close to many activities while still being away from the hustle and bustle. The rooms and grounds are meticulous. The staff at all hours are friendly, efficient and accomodating. The entire experience was excellent. I have stayed here before and I will be back...don't miss this treasure !

• Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!