When I travel I want a great location, good value, and a room that is clean and safe. I can overlook minor problems and I can live without lots of extras, but I'm extremely picky about having a clean room. I always research hotels on TripAdvisor before I go. I know how valuable the reviews are, so I'll be honest and try to give you a good feeling for this property.
At first I was hesitant to stay here simply because the property is an older motor lodge and I have had some bad experiences in motor lodges. Many of them are run-down and dirty. But since it was #3 on Trip Advisor I decided to call and check rates. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. I felt like I was talking to friends. In fact, during my drive to the hotel one of the staff members called my cell phone to make sure I was on the way and to see if I needed directions. When I arrived she greeted me by name and told me where I could get lunch. I went shopping the first night for some groceries and a bottle of wine. The next day when I returned to my room she had put a bottle-opener by my bottle of wine.
I don't know the room number where I stayed, but it was one of 2 rooms that are sort of attached to the back of the owner's garage. I parked in the owner's driveway. The rooms can connect with a door between them. They share a cute little porch. The owner lives on property in a nice house. The original motor lodge is there, along with some other buildings and a pool (I did not use the pool but it looked very clean). I felt like I was a guest of the owner. My porch overlooked their beautiful yard which had a barbecue grill and swingset. I immediately felt at home and very safe (I was travelling alone). I did not feel like I was in a hotel.
My room had 2 twin beds pushed together. I would much rather have a king or queen, but it wasn't a big deal. There was a flat screen tv, a table and 2 chairs, and a kitchenette with a small sink, microwave, 2-burner stove, and mini-refrigerator/freezer. The bathroom has 1 sink and stall shower. The shower is tiny (I'm tall and thin) and water pressure not great. The room was very clean (except behind the chairs; no I don't normally look there but dropped some clothing behind that I had to get!) and there were plenty of soft and fluffy towels. The room smelled like it had been closed for awhile; not a bad smell but just a little damp and musty. This was fine after I opened the windows and turned on the ceiling fan.
It was an easy walk to the beach and 2 restaurants. The main street area was a quick drive away. The location was perfect.
-EXCEPTIONALLY FRIENDLY STAFF
-very slow wireless internet
-tiny shower with little water pressure
-bit of a musty smell
-2 twin beds pushed together
Overall Impression: I can't wait to return, this time with family! It would be perfect for kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six distinct buildings, 4.5 award winning landscaped acres situated 175 yards from famous Falmouth Heights Beach, 3 minutes walk to the Martha's Vineyard Ferry and 1/2 mile to Main Street. Seven room categories from economical to luxury, meeting all traveler's wallets. All guest rooms have refrigerators, microwaves,flat screen tv, air conditioning, some have balconies or decks. The are guest rooms with full kitchenettes or efficiencies for all the comforts of home while away. A beautiful patio pool awaits you surrounded by lush lawns which are adorned with glider swings, gas grilles and a picnic grove. A terrific spot for family reunions, weddings and more. Come, stay and play! Plus, the location can't be beat! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falmouth Heights Motor Hotel Falmouth
- Falmouth Heights Hotel
- Falmouth Heights Motel
- Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge MA - Cape Cod