“Great for apps and drinks” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 148 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Richmond, Virginia
“Great for apps and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've been coming here since I was a little kid and now live out of state, but am fortunate to still frequent the Cape at least once each summer. Our most recent experience is very similar to and consistent with our last several over the years.

The view at the flying bridge cannot be beat, with all the boats in the harbor and the people watching. Definitely need to sit outside to get the full experience. The interior is a little tired and could use a makeover.

Going at an off time ensures no wait and prime seating availability - we were there on a Monday about 2pm. I would recommend the Flying Bride for a late lunch or early dinner, and suggest sticking to the apps and lobster roll. The entrees are just OK, and somewhat overpriced, which is kind of understandable due to the location. It's also a great place to go on those Cape Code overcast days where it's too crappy for the beach but not crappy enough for board games.

We sat outside and had a very attentive server. For our party of 4 (plus a 1 yr old), we ordered bloody marys, chowder all around, onion rings (you MUST get the onion rings), 2 orders of steamers, and 1 order of oysters from the raw bar. Everything was absolutely delicious & fresh.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mass
“Great views! Go for the specials!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Love the Flying Bridge in Falmouth Harbor.
Sat outside and watched the people and boats go by. Spectacular views.
Service was good.

I always go with the Special of the day here .. everything else on the menu is good - but that's why they have specials.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Awesome seafood medley!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had dinner here with my husband last week. We had no wait and we were dining around 6pm. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. View of the harbor was very pretty. My husband ordered a salmon dinner and I ordered the seafood medley. On the menu the seafood medley was described as scallops, shrimp and crab stuffed sole. When my meal arrived I was delighted to see that not only did the medley contain these items deliciously prepared but it also contained a small piece of salmon, a small piece of swordfish and a small piece of either haddock or cod. It was truly amazing to get such a smorgasboard in one dish! Since I love seafood this dish really tickled my tastebuds. Though this may not be a regular thing and some chef might have added these extra tidbits to use them I was was a lucky recipient of a tasty meal. I wish the restaurant would consider making that the usual.

My husband's portion of salmon was quite generous and he also thought it delicious. I would recommend this restaurant based on this experience to others.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
FRASER
“Package Deal Included with our Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

It was a package that was included in our Hotel Package and seemed like a good place by the reviews we read on trip advisor. Maybe I'm a food snob or something but this was a very average place. the location was great the views of the Harbor fantasic. The food so so.

Visited July 2013
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Excessive wait and overpriced.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I went to The Flying Bridge for my 30th birthday with a friend. We didn’t wait long, perhaps 15 minutes, for our table. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. And that’s about where my praise ends. It took close to an hour for half of the appetizer to arrive (a cup of chowder) and another 40 minutes for my appetizer (a quesadilla) to arrive. Needless to say we were getting pretty hungry, having arrived hungry to begin with! It was a full two hours before our meals arrived, a salad and a pasta dish. We ordered our dessert before it came because we were afraid otherwise we’d be waiting much longer! I understand food needs to be prepared, they were fairly busy, but two hours is extremely excessive. For the price (a $80 bill, before tip), the food was far from worth it, and the wait just made the feeling stronger. We almost left but given how late it was becoming we were afraid we wouldn’t be able to have time to have a nice dinner elsewhere. I left a decent tip because I don’t feel it was the waitress’s fault exactly and they have a tough job, but I won’t be returning and will never refer anyone there either. You get what you pay for obviously doesn’t apply here!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
RedHorseInn, Manager at Flying Bridge, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Trip Advisor is a great place for people to communicate both good and bad experiences at places they have visited. That being said it is unfortunate when the reviews are not truthful. We don't always live up to peoples expectations and we do make mistakes for which we are sorry. I did look into this dining experience and the table was started at 8:01 with chowder. At 8:17 the Lobster Quesadilla was ordered. At 8:36 entrees were ordered followed by dessert. The check was closed at 9:31. Soup, appetizer, entree and dessert in an hour and a half sounds pretty reasonable to me. I apologize if you were looking to eat quicker than that.