“I like it hot and I got what I like!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 148 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Chicken Wings
Verona, NJ
“I like it hot and I got what I like!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stopped in for lunch one afternoon while in town on vacation. The waitress was very helpful in terms of explaining the HOTNESS of various items on the menu. I opted to start with a cup of the "Hurt Me" chili because I like really hot food. Yes indeed the name is appropriate. That chili was a killer even without eating all of the jalapeno's chopped up in it. It was probably the best chili I've ever had outside of what I make at home. I also had a buffalo chicken wrap which was delish!

The restaurant is set up in such a way that there's a traditional restaurant with low tables on one side and a bar with several tv screens on the other side. So one can choose to eat in peace and quiet or go to watch football or whatever and have some great food.

If we return to Falmouth we will definitely return to DJ's.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Needham, Massachusetts
“Wings are king”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stopped in for lunch, Monday is half price wings. Their wings are good. The place looks like a dive bar but they make good wings. Do takeout if the atmosphere is not your cup of tea.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“very expensive wings”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Myself and two friends went to DJ's when they first opened last year. The atmosphere is very good with lots of TV's and the bar is very nice. The booths are extremely comfortable, so comfortable that we spent three hours in the restaurant. We ordered all of the wing combo's and they were excellent but very pricey. We also ordered the hamburgers. We were very disappointed. The burger was like a McDonald patty. It was on a big, very good bun with lots of lettuce and tomato and onion as ordered. The problem was the burger. It was small like I described and not juicy and thick like most burger places. You just don't expect to get a burger that's like the $1.00 burger at MickeyD's at a premier wing place and pub. You expect a top of the line burger. We spent $93 with tip. That came to $31 a person. That was wings, a burger, drinks for me and a friend and his wife got the fish sandwich or fish taco. The taco wasn't very good and the burgers just weren't the quality you would expect especially priced as high as it was. I will try them one more time by myself as my neighbors and friends said they would never go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Needham, Massachusetts
“Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Who goes to brunch at a wings restaurant? DJ Wings started brunch recently with a very good offering. This is not luxury setting but for the price, the offering was great. Brunch included lots of meats (bacon, ham, sausage), corn beef hash, scrambled eggs, eggs benedict (made to order), toast, pastries, pancakes, french toast, fruit salad, juices, coffee. There was also a table of soups and chili which I didn't look into closely so can't comment. The toast offering only included white bread, a grain bread and bagel would be appreciated for future consideration.
The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. My wife didn't care for the premade scrambled eggs but the eggs benedict were good. For $9.99, a great value especially for a family.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norfolk, Massachusetts
“Hot Hot Hot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I love hot wings but I find that most places say they are hot and I am usually disappointed. DJ's does not lie! I stupidly tried their angry wing challenge (10 wings in 10 minutes, some sort of ghost pepper sauce). I got through 2 wings and thought that my face was going to melt off. 2 glasses of milk did reduce the pain a bit, but it really took about 24 hours to recover.

We also ordered their habanero hot and garlic parmesan wings, the hot wings were also very hot and tasty. the garlic wings were not hot but super tasty with lots of garlic oil and cheese flavor. The wings are cooked well done which makes them very crispy (no soggy skins here), but some of the smaller wings were a touch dried out. The kids got kids wings with the honey bbq sauce and straight chicken fingers. they did not like the honey bbq sauce stating that it was weird tasting, and the chicken fingers were way overcooked. I didn't think of it then, but next time we go I am going to see if I can sample some of the sauces first to make sure that the kids like the taste before ordering. Fries were very good and beers were ice cold. my kids also ordered a Caesar salad which was also very good and fresh tasting. for desert we had the red velvet cheesecake which was awesome (basically a huge slice of cheesecake with a slice of red velvet cake in the middle), and the peanut butter pie which was also very good.

Service was pretty good. we were seated immediately and the waitress was prompt and friendly. our food arrived promptly and was timed well. there is a nice bar and it is separate from the dining room which is very family friendly. Prices are reasonable and this is must needed place for Falmouth.

• Visited August 2013