“First Irish Pub Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Salem, New Hampshire
“First Irish Pub Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went there on a busy Friday night with a short wait. The service was fair at best, large menu and drinks available, food was very good and for the price at a resort town very fair. We would go
back again. Overall a good experience

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Southern California
“Food average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

As a Brit now living in America, I am always searching for the perfect fish and chips. This place fell short of my expectations, such a shame. The batter on the fish had no real flavour and infact had an acrid after taste, old cooking oil I suspect. My husband orderered the shepherd's pie which was made with beef and not lamb? This is a cottage pie! It tasted fine but was lacking on the gravy. Not what we expected from an Irish pub/restaurant. We ate dinner early so as to avoid the deafening band which play later in the evening. Good luck!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
“The music is good, but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The music is good, but the restrooms are filthy! If customers cannot properly wash-up, neither can the staff. The service is inconsistent-we have had great service and we have had extremely poor service (one particular waitress that we have had several times over the years is awful!). The food is pretty good but it is hard to get over thinking about the fact that the staff cannot be very clean considering the condition of the restrooms. We have had to stop going--too bad because the entertainment is great and FUN!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
dmaguire105, Owner at Liam Maguire's Irish Pub, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Joan B,
We know at times bathrooms in our 125 year old building can get messy. Our bathrooms are old; they are not spiffy and pretty, but they are clean. Hundreds of people use our facilities throughout the day. We check the bathrooms regularly and have posted signs on doors asking our guests to inform us if a bathroom need attention. To write that the condition of public bathrooms reflects on the health and sanitation practices of our staff is just wrong. In June 20132 the pub received a perfect score from the Falmouth Board of Health. You obviously were not happy with your experience at the pub. It does happen. Resorting to malicious lies and slanderous remarks, anonymously, is not the way to address any issue you have with any business or person.
Deborah Maguire, Co-owner, Liam Maguire's Irish Pub
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Great Restaurant with Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I went to Liam Maguires for the first time and I was amazed. It has a great busy atmosphere along with great live music. Their shepherd's pie was to die for and it was the best one I've ever had!! Another person I was with had the lobster roll and said it was amazing. This is a great restaurant with great food and service as well. Definitely stop into Liam Maguires for a quality meal!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Briarcliff Manor, New York
“Lobster Roll.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

When a friend recommended Liam Maguires to me claiming they had the "best lobster roll," I was a bit skeptical.. "A lobster roll at an Irish bar?" But let me tell you, I'm so glad I listened to him because boy was he right!! My friend and I got cups of chowder which were also very good. Not quite as thick as I like my chowder but sure full of flavor. And then split the lobster roll because it is huge!! Chunks of lobster meat and very little mayo. Just the way I like it! Waitress was very helpful and friendly. Live music was entertaining. Plenty of beer and drink choices. I'll be going back here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere