“Breathtaking views and a nice room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InnSeason Resorts Surfside

You added InnSeason Resorts Surfside to your Saves list
InnSeason Resorts Surfside
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   134 Menauhant Road, East Falmouth, Falmouth, MA 02536   |
Marlton, New Jersey
“Breathtaking views and a nice room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

After reading some of the reviews on this site i was very apprehensive about our planned trip to the InnSeason SurfSide. Yes this is not a "luxury" resort, nor was I expecting one. It was not a gold level resort in Interval International so my expectations were lowered. I have to say this place was wonderful. The views are amazing, we were on the ground floor near the back of the property with a view of the outside pool, the Great Pond and the Sound. Yes it is a kitchenette with just a toaster oven, small refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot but this more than met our needs. I am on vacation I am not looking to cook. The outdoor pool was heated and lovely even for mid September and the indoor pool and hot tub were great as well. The biggest con are the bath and pool towels. They are skimpy and thin but if that is my biggest complaint it cannot be that bad. Our room was up to date with new telephone system, flat screen tv, a queen bed, a large sofa (bed as well although not used) and everything we needed for a wonderful relaxing vacation. Go and enjoy yourselves.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
northeast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Reserved a 2-bedroom unit 4 months in advance for my 50th birthday celebration with my better half and adult kids. This was through our timeshare/points. We had a 2nd floor unit in block 500 overlooking the ocean - perfect location! We did arrive early (check-in isn't until 4 pm) and the room wasn't ready, so we went into town for some lunch. By the time we returned, we only had to wait another 10 minutes or so to get in.

The unit itself was quite large, with a balcony spanning the entire length, from living room to both bedrooms, with chairs and a table, and an incredible view. The kitchen area was a little cramped, however, the way the entry door and hallway were placed there just wasn't much kitchen space. One of the drawers was blocked by the oven and couldn't open unless the oven door was down, which was pretty silly. Also, I wouldn't really say the kitchen was fully stocked: there was only one, medium sized frying pan, one thin dishtowel (though paper towels were available), and no filters for the coffee maker. I understand conservation regulations prevent having dishwashers, but who trusts the previous tenants to properly clean dishes and silverware? We washed everything before use. The fridge, toaster, and oven/stovetop worked just fine.

Bathroom towels were quite thin and rough, and there was very little counter space in both bathrooms (though the master bedroom had a separate vanity area outside the bathroom). Silly little issue, the toilet paper rolls were on the wall opposite the toilet, on the far side of the door, so unless you had long arms (which none of us do), it was quite a stretch to reach the tp unless you lifted your fanny off the toilet seat...Furniture was somewhat dated and faded (though nice new tvs) and it was apparent the housekeeping/cleaning wasn't of the deep type - visible crumbs under the pull-out couch for example. I wasn't too happy about paying money for WiFi but had no choice since my son had homework due for one of his college classes and had to submit it on-line. (They do have public use computers in the "lobby" though.)

But that was really the extent of our complaints, and it didn't prevent us from thoroughly enjoying our stay. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and the unit was perfect and comfortable for hanging out, playing board games and enjoying family meals when we weren't otherwise outdoors enjoying the beach area and Falmouth/Woods Hole attractions. We did not use the master suite whirlpool but took full advantage of the indoor pool and jacuzzi - perfect time of year to have them almost all to ourselves and no loud children! And the sunsets...breathtaking!

The front desk/maintenance was very responsive when we informed them of a drinking glass that had inexplicably committed suicide by jumping off the counter. Someone was up with a vacuum within minutes to clean up the shards.

I realize I spent more bandwidth listing negatives than positives, but Surfside still deserves 4 "stars" in my book. I wouldn't hesitate to book another vacation there!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the end of August.Nice oceanfront room with a direct Island view.The room was keep cleen with really nice staff all around.Pools and spa also keep up good..The grounds were nice.The only issue is that the sidewalk on the road is not maintained by the town very well..Would definetly recommend.

Room Tip: Ocean fronts are real nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The location of this hotel is amazing, surrounded by water on three sides. The beach across the street is quiet and empty. There is plenty of parking and you are close to many great things to do in the area. The BBC is right up the street and Green Pond Seafood Market is 10 minutes away. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very well maintained. Downtown Falmouth is 10 minutes away and Woods Hole is 20 minutes away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our first time staying here and was pleased with property. We had a 2 BR ocean front unit which was great. Big balcony spanning living room, 2nd BR and Master Suite. Master BR was awesome. 2nd bedroom was good with 2 twin beds - even better because they were on wheels so we could move one in the corner for a toddler. The second bathroom was very small and could use a better exhaust fan as that one did not seem to do anything. Had to ask for a clean comforter for one of the twin beds as the one on it was stained. The property was well kept - swimming pools clean as were the grounds. Just a really nice family place. Too bad they did not rent boats out back on the bay as the teens would have loved that. Paddle boats would be great. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and would want this room because the view was the best.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
EG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We return to the Surfside year after year. Its the perfect family spot-kids enjoy beach, indoor and outdoor pool, crafts, shuffle board etc... our room was great # 531 one bed with kitchen. We enjoyed the new bed and love the small updates to the decor. We had a beautiful view of the bay and this side of the resort is very quiet. The best part of the Surfside is always the staff Keith, Lisa, Renada, Bethannie continue to provide excellent friendly service. We look forward to our next visit

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have stayed at the Inn Season Surfside for 3 years now, and each year has been a nice vacation. We stayed in a one bedroom in the 500s numbered building. The main room is well furnished with a large dinning table, full-size pull out couch, updated kitchen with microwave and oven (no dishwasher), and flat screen TV. The bedroom has a new king sized bed and a larger, dated, tube style TV, but it works just fine. The AC worked perfectly in both rooms and we had beautiful views of the ocean and pond on both sides of our balcony. The property is very well maintained and beautifully landscaped! We loved using the shuffle board and bocce ball courts - definitely an added bonus!

The staff in the main office were continuously friendly and always seemed to have smiles on their faces. One female member of the office staff was especially friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating every time we interacted with her. I wish I remembered her name to give her the proper credit...

There were a few things we thought could have been improved upon / made our trip better:

- The cleaning staff is mediocre at best. They do not do a thorough cleaning daily or make the beds, but just give new towels. The cleaning woman was continuously rude to us and it seemed like we got fewer and fewer towels every day. We also found a stash of about 8 Oreo cookies under the pull out couch that were not left by anyone in our party. We actually had to clean them up ourselves out of fear of bugs. It's pretty obvious that the cleaning team only does a surface job on the rooms. They also started knocking on the door around 9:30AM. Hello?! I'm on vacation and sleeping!
- I had to pay $21 for wireless internet access for the week. I have stayed in many different classes of hotels, but it has been a LONG time since I have had to pay anything for wireless access. Also, if I'm paying $21, I expect high speed access. The internet kept dropping and I had to keep signing in to the network. Very annoying!
- The beach is extremely rocky - there isn't soft sand to sit in and I would recommend water shoes if you go in the water (this is not the fault of the hotel, but just the way the beach is)
- There were so many children in the pool! I know this is a family place, but I felt like I was being held hostage. So much screaming, yelling, noise making, that I had a headache by the time I left the pool. I just hope the pool's PH is well regulated bc I saw some suspect things that these kids did that made me not want to go in (again, this is not the fault of the hotel)

Overall, these things did not hinder our vacation, and we will return to Surfside again :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family