“Oh my god...” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Belmont
“Oh my god...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My girlfriend's cooking is only superseded by, on occasion, her mom...both raised in Europe. So we are difficult to please. We've tried l'espalier in Boston for a special occasion and it was just okay. The server at Glass Onion recommended Hammersley's in the South End and that was fine, but totally blown away by the Glass Onion itself! If you like wine, get ready to treat yourself to the upside of your price range - it's worth it for pairing with this cuisine, and the combination of the food & wine just murdered us to death. On the list of our favorite restaurants in the world, with Roy's of La Jolla and Sablet in Provence.

Dayton, Ohio
“Celebrated our 20th here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The restaurant is very elegant the food was delicious, well prepared and presented. The waiter was fantastic, entertaining and personable without being intrusive. That evening there were 4 other couples celebrating their anniversaries and he made it special for everyone.

Visited August 2013
“Families with Kids Not Welcome!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were super excited to try this restaurant. We showed up at 5 for dinner so we wouldn't have to wait with our 4 children. We were sat right away by a friendly hostess, but with no high chair. When we got to our table a Waitress just stood there staring at our family and then shushed our child quite rudely. I figured out very quickly that kids were pretty much not welcomed here and our family got up and walked out. It's a real shame. My kids are well behaved kids who are used to going out to eat quite often. Based on the reviews it sounded great...just not for kids!

“A plus all around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I've been here a few times and it just seems to get better every time. The shrimp appetizer was out of this world. Grilled shrimp with a gazpacho vinaigrette. Great flavors! I had the Cod this time. Love the beets, love the cous cous and the cod could not taste any fresher. Lemon lavender chèvre cheesecake for dessert. Light consistency, delicious! And now they offer ZD Chardonnay by the glass! One of my favorites. It's nice to have a really nice wine available if you don't want the whole bottle. They are definitely doing something right there. I notice some people complain about the no reservation policy but you know what. The demand for good dining is there and I think a lot of restaurants fail because of reservations, so good for the owners with this business strategy because I'd like this place to be around for a long time. Thanks to all responsible for providing a wonderful experience time and time again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Dinning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

What a place!
The food is absolutely delicious, and the service absolutely great. My husband and I visited on a busy Wednesday night and although there was a wait for a table, it was worthed for we were very well taken care for and had one of the best meals ever! Thinking in visiting the Glass Onion soon? Try the grilled shrimp with gazpacho and the cod dish with golden beets and herbed couscous.
We are looking forward to a next visit!

• Visited August 2013