“Great Location 7/14/12 - 7/21/12” 4 of 5 stars

Mariner's Point Resort
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   425 Grand Avenue, Falmouth, MA 02540   |
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
MASSACHUSETTS
“Great Location 7/14/12 - 7/21/12”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

SEE CHRISTINE C'S REVIEW....pretty much tells it all!!!! Exchanged our large timeshare unit thru Interval...knew studio size would be small going in...smallest timewhare we ever had....was just fine for two...Plenty of storage for small unit...forces me to stay organized and put things back where they belong. I could not personally have more than 2 in that room. Mattresses terrible for my back. They tried...putting two layers of foam toppers on sleep sofa. Double Murphy bed...very hard. Wish they'd update...slept on one in Sanibel....much better!!! We tried both...and needed both to somewhat make it work. NEED TO FOLD BEDS BACK UP when not in use if want to move around room. Basically looked like they took a standard room that had double beds and converted it into studio with mini kitchen and sleep sofa and murphy bed. No problems with towel exchange...3 days a week. No housekeeping is the norm for timeshare units unless you want to pay extra. Our unit was clean, no problems. Bring water shoes if you want to go to their private beach...very rocky, but not crowded. Nice pool area. However, like everywhere, people like to throw their towels on chairs next to umbrella tables then never use them, or barely. Some of us need umbrellas. There were some shady spots with picnic tables close by...I would have sat there if needed to get out of sun. I wanted to use my laptop in my room so I paid $20.00 for week to use wireless, however, there is a computer available in office for use. Again, I think it is a great location and well kept up property. I know they have some bigger units they rent or maybe they are timeshares as well with separate bedrooms...I'd be interested to know how those mattresses are. It was a beautiful week, and we were hardly in the room, except to sleep...which was a little difficult as I am someone who regular sees a chiropractor, but the location is great and it was very peaceful there. Our unit was on the first floor...don't know if that is where all studios are...but great for unpacking car...easiest ever with no stairs. Rooms above us that were facing Marina, would have a better view and more private balcony, but again, I don't know if all second floor rooms are bigger units than what we had. All in all I'd consider going back for the location ...exchanging my timeshare....as I did not pay lots of $$$, however, I'd bring my aerobed. If I had to pay the weekly rate for the unit we had and suffer with those mattresses , I would not,I would find another location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Small, but sweet! Tight quarters that go from parking through sliding glass doorway, through kitchen w/bathroom to the right, through sitting/sleeping area (tight when beds are down) and through doorway to outdoor pool. Great views & helpful, friendly staff. Large bathroom, but tiny kitchen. Ample eating area w/patio outside or breakfast bar inside. Beds not comfy at all--that was quite a disappointment, but overall, the rest of the room was adequate. Designated smoking area outside complete w/glider. Relaxing swing overlooks ocean w/a view of Martha's Vineyard. Ample dining & attractions nearby (take the Island Queen to MV for a day--close enough to walk--saves $$ parking costs). Beaches, marina, a park & several restaurants w/in a short walk. Grocery a short drive away--sign up for a discount card @ Stop&Shop if you're staying at least a week--saves money. Laundry facilities--a short drive away. Shop in town @ one of two T-shirt shops to SAVE TONS of $$, rather than buying pricey ones at Martha's Vineyard or other areas of Cape Cod. Overall, a trip to Cape Cod is really worth doing, just beware that all restaurants are expensive, but the food quality may vary from place to place.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side are quieter, but try to get an upstairs room. Otherwise, if you're downstair...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Every year my famly and I stay at Mariner's Point. It has great views, within short proximity to the beach and to the Island Queen Ferry, the staff is friendly and helpfully, and the rooms are always clean. Each year it continues to improve and I always look forward to our annual trip!

Room Tip: There are different size rooms, harborside units have the best patio views but all rooms have a grea...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Youngstown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband, myself and granddaughter had a really nice experience at the Mariners point beach club. The room was small, but we knew that going in. We found it to be very clean, and didn't think the murphy bed was uncomfortable at all. The staff was very friendly as were the guests that were there during our stay. The pool was open and clean. The BBQ facilities were nice and the view was spactacular. We have come to the conclusion that vacations are what you make of them, and this one was very, very nice. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I thought we had found it all. At first glance this is a very charming cape cod motel with splendid views and a short walk to the Falmouth Yacht Club. But our stay was not so charming. We had to wait 15 minutes to check in. The mattress on our Murphy bed was plastic (read: incredibly uncomfortble) and the bottom sheet slipped off almost immediately after getting in (read: we were stuck to the bed all night). The blankets are the kind that come in very cheap hotels providing zero ventilation. And the staff had the audacity to come by our room at 9:50 and remind us that check out was at 10am. While everything was clean - we won't be returning here any time soon.

• Stayed May 2012
Gilford, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The only redeeming part of this establishment is the view of the ocean and of the Vineyard with the passing boats. The accommodations are very small, unclean, and many electrical outlets did not work properly. The resort needs a major overhaul, and much of the exterior looks rundown and in need of maintenance.

Room Tip: Require a room in the front of the resort as these are the only rooms that have a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Good location and great views of ocean and the Vineyard but we felt uncomfortable and the rooms were less than clean by far. Many other nicer places near by. Staff was not that helpful and sometimes we felt like we were not welcome as there are many time share units with regular users. Something was missing. A one time place to stay for us. I don't know what 'grounds' people are talking about as the motel is all there is (not even a tree or bush).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mariner's Point Resort? Share your experiences!