“The brownie was the ace in the hole.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Captain's Manor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Captain's Manor Inn
You added Captain's Manor Inn to your Saves list
27 W Main Street, Falmouth, MA 02540   |
Ranked #1 of 20 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Collierville, Tennessee, United States
“The brownie was the ace in the hole.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have stayed in many, many B&B's and I don't say this lightly: Captain's Manor, by far, was the best. It is always tough to discern the true qualities of a property from internet descriptions and photos. As a marketing professional I'm fully aware of the ways that we enhance the beauty of a place by "shooting around" its flaws. Your challenge is the other one - capturing the charm of your space with such a limited medium! We've stayed in some very nice places that had strengths - but also struggles (staff, grounds, location, etc.). MY struggle is to find any suggestion to help you improve. You had it all! Even the momentary bobble ("cleaning" my uneaten brownie from my room) was quickly remedied when I found a replacement in my dish minutes later! (Nicely played, Kevin) I mean, even your internet speed was faster than I've ever experienced... in spite of your claim that you've "unplugged." LOL. Nice work, Trish and Kevin. Continue your great work providing a place for the weary traveler to breathe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CaptainsManor, Owner at Captain's Manor Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Webuzz , we are still chuckling about your comment on the brownie being the ace in the hole. To provide a "place for the weary traveler to breathe" is very gratifying for us. Knowing just how precious time away is in this day and age we hope to be a bit of an oasis. We are very flattered by your feedback on your stay and happy you enjoyed the speedy internet....even the internet provider service person who came out one day to work on something remarked on the speed of our connection (we told him to be sure not to change that :)
We very happy that you had the opportunity to experience some of the beauty and charm of Cape Cod during your day trip explorations and best wishes for a wonderful summer.
Trish and Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Sun City West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better stay at The Captain's Manor Inn! Enjoyed every moment. The inn is such a pretty home, beautifully decorated and comfortable. The innkeepers Trish and Kevin make you feel right at home. Breakfast were delicious, Kevin is a great cook! Very close to downtown Falmouth, you can walk there. The inn is in such a pretty area of Cape Cod that you would truly enjoy. Can't wait until another visit to this wonderful inn. Give it a try, you will love it.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Nye room which was just perfect. Cannot go wrong with any of the rooms. All beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
CaptainsManor, Owner at Captain's Manor Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Eileen, It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we thank you for choosing to spend your time in Cape Cod at The Captain's Manor. I may have to get a bigger hat for Kevin after your wonderful compliments on his breakfast cooking :) We love sharing our picturesque town of Falmouth with guests and are happy that you found it pretty and also convenient to be able to walk from the Inn into downtown Falmouth village. We look forward to a future visit and the chance to share even more of the beauty of Cape Cod.
Best wishes
Trish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at your Magnificent Bed and Breakfast!
The beautiful decor, the delicious/ abundant gourmet breakfasts and everything was so very squeaky clean!!!
Your gracious hospitality was very much appreciated specially your help with directions and your suggestions of restaurants!
We highly recommended your gorgeous B and B.
Hope to visit you again!!'
Wayne and Ody
Miami Lakes, Florida

• Stayed April 2013
CaptainsManor, Owner at Captain's Manor Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Wayne and Ody thank you for choosing to spend some of your getaway with us. We were happy that you were able to fit that day trip in for Martha's Vineyard and getting a private tour worked out nicely :) It is always fun to recommend our wonderful Village restaurants to guests and to know The Glass Onion was a treat for you both. Looking forward to a future visit and Wayne you will be happy to know that we are getting out for a round of golf later today Yay!
Trish and Kevin
Dracut, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I can not say enough good things about The Captain's Manor Inn. I was impressed before I even stepped foot on their property. My husband and I like to travel a lot, so I have visited my share of websites for inns, hotels, B&Bs, etc. I have found that more often than not, the hospitality industry is sorely lacking in the website department. However, Captain's Manor had a well designed website, with lots of information & photos, and it was super easy to see what their availability was. Trish, the innkeeper, responded right away to a question I submitted via email. Luckily, the inn had availability for the night I needed, so I went ahead and booked the room. Trish sent me personalized driving directions from the place I'd be driving from -- an extra touch that was very welcome.

Both Trish and Kevin are very personable, and we chatted easily while I was checking in. The inn features a "bistro" where you can help yourself to coffee or tea at any time during the day, and you might even find a homemade treat set out by the innkeepers as well.

I had the opportunity to view three of their guest rooms, and they were all immaculate, beautifully decorated and comfortable. I chose the Forbes Room, which is in a quiet upstairs corner of the inn. The bed was high, firm, and incredibly comfortable. The sheets were the softest I've ever felt in my life (was pleased to find out that they can be purchased through the inn as well, and even on their website). The shower was nice and hot with great water pressure and also featured a rain shower head.

Lights throughout the common areas of the inn are on motion sensors, so that you may feel welcome to visit the bistro or library at any time during the day or night.

Breakfast was a nice and relaxing experience, featuring delicious, homemade cooking.

The inn is perfectly located in Falmouth Center, within walking distance of a number of great restaurants, shops and pubs. Trish made a number of recommendations for dinner, and the inn even has menus from several restaurants to review before venturing out.

In summary, this was one of the finest inns I have stayed at, and I look forward to going back, and soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
CaptainsManor, Owner at Captain's Manor Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Lorraine, Thank you for writing such a detailed and kind review. It was wonderful to have you with us and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. It was great that you had a chance to enjoy the village when you got to take a break on a work weekend. We look forward to your return for a getaway with your husband :)
Milan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We're a family of three from Milan, Italy. Andrea (13 years old), Irene and Gianluca. We use to travel a lot, mainly in the US. The highlight of our 2012, in terms of holidays, has been the days we spent last August at the Captain's Manor Inn.
The place is superb, an old home renovated in a perfect way. And is very close to the historic district, with all the restaurants. And from there you can enjoy Cape Cod, by bike or in any way you want.
But more than that the best part are Trish and Kevin, the innkeepers. They waited for us coming from New York in the late evening, just to welcome and make us comfortable. And from the very next day we loved the amazing homemade breakfast, the advice they gave us to visit the Cape and Martha's Vineyard (all nailed, by the way), the snack they prepare when you come back from a day outside and the beautiful chat you can have with them if you want. All in all, a really fantastic experience

Room Tip: Tuscany room: cozy and spacious
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CaptainsManor, Owner at Captain's Manor Inn, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Gianluca thank you very much for your wonderful review. It was indeed our pleasure to be hosts to you, Irene and Andrea. We so enjoyed talking with you and hearing about your travels and Andrea's experience in New York. He is such a impressive young man. Thank you also for sending that lovely picture of Christmas in Milan...so beautiful. Wishing you and your family a wonderfully happy and healthy 2013.
Best Regards, Trish and Kevin
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Okay, you can already tell by my bountiful superlatives that I really liked this place. First of all, as other reviewers have said, Trish and Kevin, the innkeepers, are such helpful and likable people. Every morning over a delicious homemade breakfast we consulted Trish on sightseeing questions and she always had just the right tip or suggestion. The daily homemade treats left out for each guest (identified by room name) was a really nice touch (I have to admit to eating both cupcakes one day since my husband doesn't have quite the sweet tooth I have. Okay, I ate both the brownies too). And the room was to die for. We stayed 4 nights in the recently added Robinson room and it truly was the best bed & breakfast room we've ever stayed in. The pictures on the website are accurate -- the room is really spacious, beautifully decorated, the bathroom is big with a separate shower and big claw tub bath. The location is perfect -- walking distance to the town center, bike rental store and also to the ferry bus stop for a day trip to Martha's Vineyard. We had a perfect time at the Captain's Manor Inn and I'm not sure how anyone could not.

Room Tip: The Robinson room has its own private entrance but you can also go down the inside stairs to the din...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to share a detailed review with other travelers and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. What fun to hear of a kindred sweet tooth spirit.... I too have been known to eat Kevin's desert along with mine. As early guests in the new Robinson room we are happy to know that you enjoyed the room and all its amenities. Your description of all the wonderful things to do so close to the Inn is one of the very reasons we choose the location. It would be our pleasure to be your hosts again should you return to Cape Cod. Wishing you a wonderful 2013.
Fairview, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

You cannot go wrong by staying at the Captain's Manor Inn. The owners, Trish and Kevin are very gracious and accommodating. They have done a fantastic job renovating a lovely old home with a large, well groomed yard. The Manor is within walking distance to the historic district, but is still very quiet as the home sits back from the street. Breakfast was served when it was convenient to you and always delicious. Great place and people - makes you want to stay there again on a return visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Captain's Manor Inn? Share your experiences!