“Better than expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Admiralty Inn

Save Saved
You added The Admiralty Inn to your Saves list
The Admiralty Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Teaticket Highway, East Falmouth, Falmouth, MA 02536   |
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
London, United Kingdom
“Better than expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

booked here last minute as decided to have a day trip to Martha's Vineyard and it wasnt the worst place available. After having read the reviews on here I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. The room was large and clean, the beds were comfortable and the facilities were good. The wi-fi also actually worked well. We stayed 2 nights and whilst we were out the after the first nights stay the television changed from an old CRT to a flat screen. I will agree with the other reviewers that say the place is dated. It really is ready for a refit but for the price we paid it was perfectly acceptable. The worst thing about the inn is the breakfast which is awful. The cereal was stale, the small fruit selection was old and what is described as an extensive continental breakfast is far from that. I would recommend finding anywhere else but here to eat.

Room Tip: A ground floor room in the main building gives you direct access out to the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Winthrop, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was a bit skeptical about reserving at the Admiralty Inn after reading some of the reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was large, clean and comfortable and right off the pool. I would heartily recommend it and will return!

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room as you will be very close to both the indoor and outdoor pool.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We went to Martha's Vineyard for the day and wanted to stay in Falmouth to get an early start the next morning to our next destination . We booked through Expedia about a month prior to our stay. Our Deluxe King Room was very large but in a building separate from the main building. There was no elevator so we had to lug our bags up and down the stairs. It was raining the next morning, so we had to drive to the main building for the continental breakfast. This property is nothing special but a good value for the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

It is a nice place to stay. The night shift hostess was friendly and helpful. I figured it would have been a dive because they still had rooms left, but, WOW was I surprised. The rooms are nice and quant. The perticular room I was in had 2 doors, one for if you park outback, and one if you park along the side. I would recommend this place to anyone that wanted to stay in the Falmouth area.

Stayed July 2014
West Boylston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is definitely one of the best hotels in Falmouth! Me and my family stay here whenever we visit Falmouth and we love it. The rooms are nice, clean, and perfect. There is an indoor/outdoor pool & both are awesome!! The complimentary breakfast is also good too! I your looking for a good stay, admiralty is one of the best in Falmouth! :)

North Attleboro, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I wanted to do something romantic with my fiance before our wedding in August, so I booked a room at this hotel for July 5th. The property was nice and our room was awesome. It is also close to town. We were even able to walk to restaurants etc.

The night of the 5th, I could not get a wink of sleep due to intoxicated people being loud and arguing. It was so loud and not far from the front desk, that it is hard to believe that they didn't hear it over there.

Breakfast the next day was nice at first until a family came in with a ton of kids, one of them saying racist obscenities. She was a little girl, so maybe she didnt know what they mean. Also, I do not fault the hotel about this as that probably was not heard from the front desk.

At check out we were not asked how our stay was and felt like that question was avoided because of the night before. I emailed the hotel Monday about our experience and suggested a partial refund would right things. I didn't get a wink of sleep and this was 260.00 for one night! We were actually charged about 2.00 more than what my invoice said, as it said included taxes. I would expect something like this if the rate was much lower, but I purposely chose what I thought was a nice establishment that would not tolerate other guests being disturbed. Furthermore, I am disappointed that I didn't here back from the hotel. Even if they disagreed with a partial refund, something should be done to make sure we go back. My fiance said she does not want to ever go back there, but I suggested that we base that off of how they respond to our complaint. I hate posting negative reviews, but after giving them ample time to respond to the email I sent I decided that a review was in order.

To top off the lack of asking us how our stay was, the lack of sleep the night before, and the profanity at breakfast, after we checked out and brought bags to the car, topless intoxicated person was hitting on women and soliciting people to help with luggage for money. He did not appear to be a guest at the hotel.

I am not sure whether or not I will stay at this particular establishment again. Perhaps they will respond, now that I publicly posted my experience.

Room Tip: My room was nice. It was room 208! Whirlpool tub, spacious, private entrance as well as entrance t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Falmouth, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This property is ripe for redevelopment,
as it clearly hasn't had any investment in years.

So when we booked of the 170 odd hotels in the area only three had rooms
only this one had a two room suite ( which sounded OK) and the price was
high season pricing ( 230 per night) . Booking.com claimed they had only one room left, but the hotel was empty, Maybe 6 rooms in total occupied
(one by the Friendlies driver who left his rig running all night to keep its freezer cold.

Dear management , there is a reason you are near empty the week before 4th of July
if you take a look at any other hotel in the area, at the same price point and see what they are offering it will be clear why they are full and you are empty.

This hotel is very rundown, poorly maintained and noticably unclean in the public areas.

Property developers, my guess is this property will be bank owned before long, if they cant fill the rooms in high season it must be totally empty on the off season.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Admiralty Inn? Share your experiences!