“Perfect for Falmouth Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Town and Beach Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   382 Main Street, Falmouth, MA 02540   |
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
Pomona, New York
“Perfect for Falmouth Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I just stayed at the Town and Beach Motel this past week while in town for vacation and wedding celebrations. It was reasonably priced and close to everything I needed. Most of the time I was able to walk to where I was going, such as the beach (10+ mins) and into downtown (literally right down the street.) The owners were very friendly and personable. The room was charming and had just what I needed for my stay - most importantly a mini fridge. Room was clean, bed pretty comfortable and had cute Cape decor. Office has coffee and ice. Window AC unit. On a budget, this was just what I was looking for. Several of my friends who came to town for the wedding stayed here as well, one solo and one couple - meaning we all choose this motel over the specified wedding hotel. My friend liked the bottle opener in the bathroom.

There is free parking, though it is tight. Also walls are thin so I could hear my neighbors sometimes. My room was non smoking though there was a woman sitting outside smoking from the room next to me. If you need a totally black room at night to sleep, I recommend using a sleep/eye mask as there are just blinds, no curtains.

As a solo traveler, the bathroom was the perfect size, but I could see how it would be hard for a family or couple.

Room Tip: If you want to get a less morning sun location, ask for the rooms in the back to the right (I believ...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Town & Beach Motel on July 31st. We found the room to be very nicely furnished, clean and bright. The bed was very comfortable!! The motel owner, Virgina, was delightful and very helpful with any questions we needed answers to. The motel is right in downtown Falmouth which makes it very convenient for walking to shops and restaurants. I highly recommend the Town & Beach Motel for your place to stay.

Clara Rowan

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This motel has an excellent location...literally down the block from shops and restaurants. It is clean and well maintained. The mattress was firm and comfortable. The shower had great pressure. The best part of T&B, however, are the personable owners. We immediately felt as if they were truly glad to welcome us. They suggested an alternate ferry to Martha's Vineyard (within walking distance of the motel) and allowed us to leave our car in their parking lot so we would avoid a $15 parking fee at the ferry. It is obvious they take great pride in being hospitable to their guests. T&B is not a four-star accommodation, but our experience there was.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The two ladies who run the motel were very friendly and have put some nice touches to the motel. It is very convenient for walking to the ferry for Martha's Vineyard (15-20 min walk).

However it comes down to a good night's sleep and an adequate bathroom. Once we learned the air conditioner had to be on the highest possible setting; we were able to cool the room. It is very noisy at this level so I had to alternate cooling enough to sleep and turning off the air conditioner to rest from the noise until it became too muggy again. (not a restful sleep)

Using my hair dryer blew the fuse shutting off everything and we lost the middle of our tv show we were watching. I went to bed with wet hair and had two days of "bad hair". The toilet seems to lean into the tub ( floor unlevel?). Also the toilet seat was not anchored properly which mgment had not known and they will look at it.

A lot of people smoke; however we were fortunate that our neighbors did not smoke. Parking is very tight, so once we parked our SUV, we did not move it until we left. It was possible to walk to restaurants.

It is an older property and once they fix the stains on the bath and sink, noisy air conditioner units, clean the mini blinds, it might be a cute nostalgia motel......but they just aren't there yet... in my opinion. I felt it was over priced for what we dealt with.

Room Tip: We were in the back room 18 so we only had neighbors on one side. You can hear your neighbors.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
townbeach, Owner at Town and Beach Motel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
I'm really not sure where to begin with this "review" I would first like to say it was unexpected but unfortunately after spending two days with this couple it was very expected. I can't address everything on this laundry list, but the most important issues are as fallows.
First, the A.C.s When you first checkin the rooms are warm and most people put the A.C.s on high to cool the room down, then turn to low to maintain the temp. I explained this to the couple however them must have misunderstood, so for that I am sorry.
Second, the beds. All our mattresses are brand new, most purchased at Boston Interiors and we have had no complaints, if anything we have had raves about the quality.
The bathrooms are older and i'm not sure what was meant by not being level. however the room was checked and everything seemed to be fine, form the "stained baths" to the" mini blinds".
I'm sorry this couple did not have a wonderful time as most of our guest do. We have stated repeatedly that we are a small family run motel, not a large resort. Please take the time to read all the reviews and we look forward to seeing you on Cape Cod.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We just returned from a much too short visit to the Cape. We enjoyed our stay so much at Town and Beach Motel that we are already planning our return for next summer !! The 2 very kind women (apologize for never asking your names ) who it seems run/own the motel are incredibly informative,down to earth and a pleasure to speak with. The motel is perfectly located,well kept,and a hidden gem. We had never been to Mass,or the Cape before...and we had a wonderful experience all around. Clean,just the right amenities....safe....ideal location. Couldn't have asked for better !!! See ya next year :)

Room Tip: The a/c was a bit noisy....so maybe that can be addressed going forward...and the well lit parking l...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed here last weekend with my girlfriend. We had to book online and only had the option for 2 beds, when we checked in we were asked I'd we would prefer a king bed since they had a cancelation. Very pleasant and friendly staff. The room was clean, pretty spacious for a motel and comfortable. We even got our own mini fridge as a part of the very reasonable rate. Looking forward to staying here next time we're on the Cape!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Webster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

A great affordable very clean motel , upon opening the door to our room ; the smell of clean laundered linens , vinyl flooring ( no carpeting is a plus ) decor very pleasing , bathroom very clean all around a great place with great rates within walking distance to shopping , dining and beaches and cannot forget the staff , exceptional.

Room Tip: Park your car and leave it for your stay , walking convenience is exceptional ,
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business