“Perfect location for me” 5 of 5 stars

Town and Beach Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   382 Main Street, Falmouth, MA 02540   |
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Perfect location for me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was booked for 6 - 10 February, looking at houses. I wanted to be in the centre of Falmouth so that I could get around easily, in the car and on foot if necessary. I was travelling alone and I was given the room nearest the office, which was perfect for me. Mrs Taylor was very helpful and courteous and I couldn't have stayed in a better place for my needs. It was lovely and warm, and the fridge was really useful.
I had to leave early on the Friday instead of the Sunday because of the impending huge snow storm, and I was refunded the cost of those nights, which I wasn't expecting.
This would be a great base for any kind of visit to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the road would be quieter but I was more than happy to be close to the offic...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had a little trepidation about staying here, given some of the negative reviews. I needn't have worried. I don't know what people mean by "don't be fooled by the photos" -- they're exactly what you get. Look, this isn't the Holiday Inn, and if you want that, it's up the street. This is a nice no-frills motel with a great location and great prices.

The outlets are all on a single switch -- which they were very up-front about -- and I sleep with a CPAP machine, but it was easy to leave the switch on and turn out the lights. (Besides, I wanted to charge my laptop overnight.) My biggest worry was that I'm pretty sensitive to dust and other allergens, and I had no problems and got a great night's sleep.

Basically it was clean and inexpensive -- exactly what I needed it to be. I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We (4 of us male friends) stayed here one night on the way from Boston to Cape Cod. Great location, being on Main St and such a small town that it was very close to the Beach. We were wandering around at midnight for a place to stay when the GPS suddenly sprung a sweet surprise. The Lady there was extremely courteous and cordial to talk with. We had a really good night sleep and proceeded on with our journey the next morning.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night and used it as a base for a tour of Martha's Vineyard. The ability to leave our car there while we day-toured the island was terrific. It's about a 15 minute walk to the harbor. The owner was very helpful and recommended a great restaurant in Wood's Hole - Shucker's. A great value a few blocks from the main part of Falmouth.

• Stayed September 2012
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We just got back from Town and beach motel we had a nice stay quiet ,clean ,and friendly manager and help withadvice on where to go and what to do while were here .they also had tickets for sale to near by to take the ferry to vinyard .and our rooms were clean and newly remodled we would highly recomend you trying this motel for there price ,quality ,and area where there located you dont even need a car walk to dunkin d. steves pizza ,dairy queen,and so much more family fun ! i hope you try my tip!and take my advice and try it ! you will get a nice warm welcome just like family ! thank you Joseph and Terri flynn

Room Tip: call ahead inform her of what your looking for such as a quiet corner ,a larger bed such as there ki...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Queensbury, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We got everything we expected and more. We were excited that it was right in the heart of this quaint little New England town. My wife and son enjoyed a walk on the beach and we loved that we walked to breakfast and dinner to eat. The owner was very nice and was concerned(in a good way) about the quality of our stay. Great people!
Mike McGrath- Lake George,NY

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Town and Beach Motel this past weekend for a short vacation. We absolutely loved the place and couldn't believe the value! It's in an excellent location right on Main Street. The room was extremely clean and smelled great; everything was very quaint and nice. I completely disagree with the reviews that the rooms seem old. The bathroom could perhaps do with a bit of renovation, but it worked just fine and we were perfectly happy. Great decor, air conditioning, and TV. The wifi is a bit spotty, but we only needed it to look up restaurants and that type of thing and were able to do it no problem. The owner was so nice and knew a lot about the area, and seemed genuinely interested in our stay.

The location was prime: right on Main Street, full of restaurants and shops. Anejo, the mexican restaurant, is a MUST! Next to the hotel, a long road leads down to the beach, definitely within walking distance. We chose to drive a mile down the road towards Woods Hole to check out Knob Hill, and we loved the hike and beach views so much that we went back the next day. I would definitely recommend this place—it's a bargain compared to other prices mid-season, and the location can't be beat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Town and Beach Motel? Share your experiences!