“good day out, but not quite what we expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Island & The Mangroves (Cayo Arena)

Paradise Island & The Mangroves (Cayo Arena)
Paradise Island, Punta Rucia, Dominican Republic
Improve this listing
Type: Beaches
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Attraction Details
Useful Information: Activities for older children
West Yorkshire
22 attraction reviews
“good day out, but not quite what we expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been to 'paradise' islands before so expected something similar but was a tad disappointed. the speedboat journey over was scary (but I got the hang of it on the way back). But we had over 2 hours there with no sunbeds and very little shade. We did enjoy a bit of snorkelling but did get a bit bored.

The island was about 100ft long and about 30ft wide, and with (small) waves coming from all directions at one point or another, there was nowhere to sit with a towel and stay dry! We even helped the guys move the huts when the waves started to come in from a particular direction!

The speedboat back to shore was fabulous and we loved the mangroves, so that was the best bit (for us). We are glad that we did it, but if we'd realised before then we would perhaps have chosed a different trip out.

• Polish first
england
“sand bank 2hr stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

the speedboat ride was good, but we stayed 2.5hrs on a sandbank with no were to sunbathe or sit down

Amiens, France
16 attraction reviews
“Very pretty, go early to be alone !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's stupid to call it Paradise Island, the real name is Cayo Arena. Because it's a pile of sand that stick out of the ocean, surrounded by corals. From Punta Rucia or playa Ensenada, you take a boat (15mn) to land on this piece of sand (20m long 5m wide), it's fun, cause it's so small that the waves from one side reach the other side.
I went with locals, they have a company called Martirez, they are brothers, really nice and respectful. And they leave earlier than the others so that when you get there you're almost alone, cause, man, by 10.30 this small plae is crowded, and it kinda kills the beauty of it.

The reef is ok, not the best i've seen but still so nice colors and fish.

You get your morning filled for 1000 pesos, it's nice.

Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent! Marysoltours.net”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I would lonce again like to parise Francisco for setting up our tour and airport transfer. He takes pride in his company. Me, my hubby and another couple that went with us enjoyed the tour. Everything as promised. Keep his email handy as sometimes the phones in DR act up. You can email with WIFI from the lobby.

Beach on the little island was nice, staff was great, adn they even filmed us and offered fro us to buy the video of the tour which we did. Thanks!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“What a Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Id recommend any 1 for this day, got to see the landscape as we were driving to the shore, had a great boat ride to the island, I don't swim so 1 of the workers took me out snorkaling, he said I had to go, so glad I did, a little scary at first till I got comfortable. It was awesome, he even took my underwater pics for me, I'd definetly do this trip again!

Visited January 2012