“Average Local Spot” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Massachusetts
“Average Local Spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Lepage's offers your run-of-the-mill fried and baked seafood offerings, with an outdoor seating option in the summer. Attempts at seafood "specials", such as honey-glazed salmon and shrimp & scallops a la heather are not their forte, and are somewhat over-priced. The fish & chips, clam cakes, and similar fare are reasonably well-prepared and offered at competitive prices.

Not a bad stop if you are in the area and/or live nearby, and want a casual seafood meal.

Service is spotty, with staff often overlooking tables for lenghty periods of time on nights that are not terribly busy.

Visited August 2012

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Got a story from waitress that city water was being worked on and could she offer us bottled water, surprised that she later billed us for it? Makes you wonder what they boiled my pasta in.

Visited August 2012
Dartmouth, MA
“When the food is good, it's good, but sometimes it's average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have been to Lepage's a number of times for dinner and lunch, and I'm finally writing a review having had a dinner and a lunch there in the past few days. Sometimes the food here is good, really good, like their seafood lasagna special or the roast pork. Other times it's disappointingly average, like overcooked stuffed sole or cole slaw with the "off" taste. They have made a real effort to make the dining room inviting, but I avoid the bar area. I can satisfy my occasional craving for fried seafood with the fried clams and fried oysters (recent dinner), which have been nothing but excellent, or treat my husband to the Dinner Special for Two for $32.95, or I can be disappointed in the poorly executed tuna appetizer (a past meal). The waitstaff has always been friendly and accommodating, but sometimes inexperienced or unprofessional. This one is a tough review because I want to like the restaurant and I want to recommend it for its food and dining room, but then I have to warn you it's inconsistent in food and service quality. It is worth trying, and if you have a good experience then you can decide if you want to go back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocean Pines, MD
“Used to be good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was disappointed the last time (July 2012) we ate there. the chowder was not hot and had way too much dill. The fried clams were not cooked well enough but were stilll very tasty. The clam cakes were very good. The service was very slow with cooks, in dirty attire coming to serve some of the food. Not exactly appetizing. If you want good chowder and clams, go to Flo's Clam shack in Newport RI. Cheap and delicious.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fall River
“just not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Have been a few times and always say it is my last time. I don't like the food and have never had good service. The last time I ended up with a couple of fruit flys in my wine and the server offered to help me get them out, not another glass until I insisted! Others may have different thoughts on this place as it remains popular. As for me I only go there when I have no choice.

• Visited August 2011