“Guest comfort not a priority” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fall River
Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast
You added Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
230 Second St., (#92 is the Historical Address), Fall River, MA 02721   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Fall River B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Guest comfort not a priority”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have always wanted to see the Lizzie Borden house and am glad that I did it ONCE! The tour guide did a great job and was very knowledgeable about the history. But don’t expect anything great for a B&B. I realize that staying here is all about the show, but for the price (and yes, it is pricy), you would think that the innkeepers would care a little more about the guests’ comfort. We stayed in the Andrew and Emma Borden suite because that one has a private bath. The sink in the bathroom would not drain. The clawfoot tub was terrible. When you stepped into it, it wobbled and it was impossible to stand up and take a shower. There was no place to put your toilet articles in the shower. There was no hairdryer in the room, like most B&B’s. I asked the person working there about this. Instead of trying to accommodate me, the answer was, “Oh, they tend to disappear around here!” At breakfast, they tried to recreate the meal that was served the morning of the murders. I know that the original meal probably wasn’t all that great, but you would think that they would try to make it a little more palatable. The guy who served breakfast even admitted that the “Johnny cakes” were terrible and that it helped to sprinkle them with powdered sugar and cinnamon. We did not see any ghosts or have any unusual experiences, although some of the guests claimed that they did. It was nice that they had guest parking in the back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
southington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed Oct. 11; my friend and I had the Lizzie-Emma adjoining room. All bedrooms were beautiful, cozy and made you feel like it was 1892. The evening tour guide, Mark was with us about 3 hours. That night there would be 6 people staying overnight. The lot of us retired about midnight. Not long after I heard Mark come upstairs and start telling two of the others (staying in John Morse guest room) that the couple who were to stay in the Andrew Borden had left. They tried to leave without anyone knowing even though there are signs in house saying there is no refund for early departure. There is a separate staircase leading down from that room to the back/side door. They did run into Mark, but would not speak to him. We then went into that room and noted the bed covers were moved so they must have gotten into the bed; they left behind shampoo and a 1/2 filled sports bottle. So did something happen? The next morning I went to take a shower in bathroom across from room I was staying in.. Could not get hot water and did not want to waste water waiting. So went into Andrew Borden room, which has its own bathroom. Took a very quick shower since room was cool and could not figure out how to attach hand held shower head. Got out, started to get dry and noted an awful smell. There on floor, in front of toilet was a small pile of poo. Well that was not there when I first walked into the room. Regret not taking a picture of it. So just cleaned it up. Went downstairs and told the man making breakfast. He did mention the cat, but door was locked and an animal would leave turds, not a soft pile like I saw. Beside, being that the bathroom was small, I would have literally have had to step into the poo if it was there earlier. The two women who stayed in room Abby was murdered in heard footsteps/heels on main stairs during the night. So we all got more than our money's worth in my opinion. Would love to have been able to ask the couple who left what apparently spooked them. Was this spirit still annoyed the next morning and left me that "package"? Besides that, the rooms/furniture look so much like they did in original pictures. I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Howard Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

B&B was fantastic! We were thrilled to stay in same room as Lizzie & Emma. The place is beautiful, clean and very comfortable. Guides (espically MARK) were great. Very knowledable and friendly! Just LOVED it--even though one of the couples got spooked and left during the night ! They left so quicklt they left behindf some personal items!!!
The atmosphere and stories are just scary enough to be very enjoyable, but not terrifing.
They serve a hearty breakfast, too! Well worth the trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also checkout Fall River Historical Socity which has an unbelieveable collection of Lizzie items(all REAL).

Susan

Room Tip: Emma & Lizzie rooms are a good choice-there are 2 seperate rooms( adjoining) with beds, if you d...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I grew up in Plymouth, Ma and heard the story of Lizzie Borden. On Vacation with my Fiancé we found a deal on Living Social to go on the tour. I have to say the whole story freaked me out but wanted to see it for myself. The staff was incredible and extremely knowledgable. The actual tour guide who's name escapes me was very fun and you could tell she loved her job. Can't wait till we go back and actually spend the night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Visited for my bff 50th birthday. We probably scared ourselves more than the house did, but we did get "haunted" and got our moneys worth! the only down side was the breakfast as it wasnt that good. We stayed in the lizze/emma suite and the beds were very uncomfortable in the lizzie room. I wouldnt do it again but thats only because there are so many other great haunted places to check out. Cross thsi one off my bucket list!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sedgley, West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had wanted to visit the Lizzie Borden House for a few years before I finally went at the end of August - my first trip to the United States. The house is facinating and the staff were very friendly. I spoke with three of the tour guides, Jack, Ray and Robin, who were very interesting to speak to and their knowledge of the Borden axe murders is amazing.

The sitting room and what is now known as the John Morse room are quite creepy considering they are the morder rooms! I love the humour with certain items in the house, such as the axe in the wood basket in the kitchen that says "welcome" and is covered in fake blood! The breakfast was very good - johnny cakes, home fries and sausages - two different kind of sausages were served during my stay - one of them being a very good tasting Portuguese varitey. None of the famous mutton broth that the Bordens ate on the morning of the murders, though!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I came from Ft. Lauderdale to spend the night at the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast. Our experience was amazing. The house is furnished as is was during the time of the murders, which added so much to our experience. The staff were beyond incredible. Will, our host for the evening was the absolute best of the best! He provided us with a beyond fantastic detailed tour of the house. He went out of his way to answer any and all questions and provided us with a great deal of little-known Borden information. The rooms are maintained in a beautiful and extremely clean manner. I cannot say enough about how great the Lizzie Borden B&B is!

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in the Lizzie/Emma Suite. It was very spacious and beautiful.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!