“Birthday Trip!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fall River
Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast
230 Second St., (#92 is the Historical Address), Fall River, MA 02721   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Fall River B&B and Inns
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
“Birthday Trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My fiancee took me to the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast as part of a birthday gift. As I live in Massachusetts and have always wanted to check it out. Tour guide was very informative and answered several questions. I was hoping to see more authentic items but, was still cool to see how it would have looked back then. I would highly recommend this place if your into this kinda stuff. Although I would never stay over night. It was way better than going to the Salem With Museum. Reasonable price, hour long tour, you have plenty of opportunities for taking photos.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Manchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We loved our trip to Lizzie's house. We talked to the owners and they were very nice and insightful. Our tour guide did a great job and we had a great time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Milford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I live in Massachusetts and like many had heard the stories of Lizzie Borden's house. We finally went there and were very happy with the tour. The staff is very knowledgeable and provides a great one hour tour of the property. We did not stay at the Bed and Breakfast this time but would like to in the future.

if you are going for the tour, make sure you come on time. The tours are currently done on the hour from 11 AM to 3 PM. If you arrive late you'll have to wait until the next hour. Don't try to go through the front door of the building though as it is kept lock. You need to pull into the drive after the house and go into the barn behind the house to purchase your tickets. There are only around 6 parking spaces here so you may need to park on the street. This area is not the safest area so I would be careful of what you leave in the car or how far you walk to the house.

Tour wrap up at 4 PM so guests who are staying over can check in. Please note that guests also have to be out by 10 AM so that visitors can tour the house. There are many options in regards to booking rooms or the entire house to stay over.

The tour guide also recommended seeing the Borden graves over at Oak Grove Cemetery which we did. It's only a few minutes away and highly recommend doing it. The cemetery has arrows to follow to the Borden graves and a flag marking Lizzie's.

Room Tip: Make sure if you use a GPS to get there that you use the address 230 Second St which is the legal ad...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I did not do the day tour but stayed overnight. If you like this stuff, go for it. Definitely put it on the list of things to do before you die. The tour before bedtime was excellent, but it will not help you sleep. The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and are great onsite therapists if you get too freaked out by the house. They have great stories to tell but the best ones are about the crazy living who have stayed there. There is a safe area in the house that is said to be unhaunted if you have a bad experience and the owner (who sleeps above the shop not connected to the house) is available for assistance if it gets too creepy. We barcaded ourselves into a small room and put all the lights on; forget it, it is just as creepy with the lights on. You probably will not sleep much but will have stories to tell for years (even if nothing happens, you will do something foolish enough to scare yourself). Don't worry, the morning will come. Tip - go to the basement and the attic after dark.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hillside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

As a birthday gift from my mom and sister they treated me to a two night stay here. This being my first B&B experience I didn't know what to expect. As soon as we got out of the car we were welcomed by the house Kitty and Shelly. All I can say is Shelly was the most hospital person I ever met. She made us feel right at home. Not only did she recommend a great place for dinner but she also took us to see the Borden family plot at the cemetary the next day. Before the end of our stay we took the house tour with Eliza guiding us. For only doing it for two weeks she was still very knowledgeable and made it a fun experience. Will definitely be. Taking a return trip as long as Shelly and Eliza are there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Just had to write another review..watching the DEAD FILES tv show the other night, I see the home is owned by new people, as well as the property is updated. Nice. The home inside seems as it was in 2001..I'm just wondering if the new owners "fixed" the space along the side of the fire exit door in the third floor front bedroom that gives any occupients a full on view of the bathroom in the second floor hall..And its users...the light fixture in the bathroom was haphazardly put together,and during my stay I'm just wondering just who, and how many people got to see more of me than I'd planned..no one was staying in the third floor front bedroom at the time of my visit, and if you're wondering how I'd come to see the space/crack..we were touring at night(spooky)through the rooms and I noticed a light reflection on the opposite wall/ceiling. I didn't tell anybody that worked there because I was too embarassed to look them in the eye. I just used the other bathroom..after a good inspection..and my husband kept a watch out for the whereabouts of the workers there.
Another thing..if you by chance got to see that unbelievable wacky woman touring the home on the tv show Dead Files..well,all I can do is shake my head And my finger at her for her poor performance as to what she "felt" while walking around the home. Even the owners that met with her (after she toured in the partial dark) had the same strange looks on their faces as I did watching and listening to her babble her wacky wild story of just what She believed had happened. Shame on you girl.
So, I've stayed there for two nights,and would I go back!? I would go to visit but stay in a motel..not for anything bad that happened there,but because staying there for two nights we had to push all our bags,etc.into the room closets during the day so the tours could come through. We kept our valuables with us. Alot has probibly changed with the bed/breakfast experience..or it has stayed the same with new owners. I'm sure the previous owners helped school the new. Its a fun visit...No tv's in the bedrooms then! They said for "true to life experience" for the years Lizzie's family lived there. We slept in the parent's room the first night, and then we slept in Emma's room the second (which was attached to Lizzie's), due to the fact that Lizzie's eyes kept looking at us from a picture on her wall, no matter where in her room we walked...and in the morning while sitting on Emma's bed waiting for my husband to come upstairs from the kitchen,I saw a cat walk thru Lizzie's room...Yup..no cat was in the home at the time. Go, have fun, don't forget to visit Lizzie's grave, and watch the Elizabeth Montgomery movie they might still show in the evening!

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We did the tour (didn't stay at the B&B) and it was well worth the 45 minutes to go through. The history, the creepiness, the fascination with what was the "OJ Trial" of it's day.

Actually inspired me to do a little research and have been slowly reading the trial transcripts... actually a great read.

But the house is very cool to tour through, definitely do it.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!