“Undergoing renovations...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fairhaven
Morris County, NJ
“Undergoing renovations...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel several years ago, and were expecting a better room despite knowing that the hotel was undergoing renovations. The room we were in needed upgrading... it was somewhat dingy, with some peeling wallpaper, and outlets which were hard to reach. The bed wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. The person at the front desk was not unfriendly, but not very friendly or helpful either. I know this hotel has rooms with refrigerators and microwaves, but we were not able to get one. We were brought a refrigerator, which was helpful. We had to rearrange the furniture to open the sleeper, and that made the room even more difficult to get around. The breakfast buffet was adequate, as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hartleyj, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for staying with us again and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is true that we are undergoing renovations and hopefully we will be able to serve you again when the renovations are done. I believe that your concerns will be addressed with the improvements that we are making, including the availabiltty of refridgerators and microwaves as well as the arrangement of the furniture making it much easier to utilize the sofa bed and providing more space in the suites.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This is an older property & could use some perking up. That aside, the hotel was pretty good, the rooms were clean and aside from showing it's age, I didn't have any major complaints. The two nearby streets had quite a few restaurants, fast food joints and there was a grocery store within a half mile. The hotel sits back off the road so it was a quiet location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed in this property with my family during a long weekend in Cape Cod an Rhode Island. I booked the property because it was close to the highway and because I have stayed in other Hampton Inn. Front desk staff was nice and our rooms were great. Breakfast was included and was pretty good. There is not much to do in the city, so it is only convenient if you get there late and do not mind to have dinner in some franchise restaurant nearby. Nevertheless, it served us good for what we needed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Warwick, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I normally choose Hampton Inn when I can, as I've always been very pleased with my experiences. This time, everything was only average. The room had a funny "febreeze" type smell that seemed to be trying to cover up something. The carpet and the chairs were stained. There was water damage and visible mold on the ceiling above the shower.
But the price was good (thanks to a group rate) and the location is very easy to get to, and very quiet. I would probably give this location another shot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
hartleyj, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. I understand the freshness of the room was of concern during your stay. Guest satisfaction is our hotel's priority; therefore, I have brought your comments to our hotel team to resolve this situation. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you travel to the area.

Jennifer Hartley
Hotel General Manager
North Billerica, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We enjoy the happenings around Fairhaven, Fall River and New Bedford and we have found that this is by far the best place to stay. They are always accommodating to our needs, the rooms are always spotless , and are not located near a major highway so I can add quiet to the list. They have a fabulous Continental Breakfast from waffles, assorted pastries, cereal, yogurt, fruits, egg omelets, and plenty of coffee. This stay was in the fall but we have stayed in the summer. They have a nice pool which is not too deep for the younger kids.
There are many attractions in and around the area with many good with many great resturants close by. The price was average for the area . They do give AARP, AAA discounts.

Room Tip: Try to get close to the lobby and entrances as the corridors are long and if you are in the middle i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Annapolis Royal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Arrived 3 hours early after an early morning flight and they had our room ready! We had a very comfortable 3 day stay the the Inn. Excellent room, king size bed, lots of linens, a wonderful diverse breakfast with many options for families with small kids, a dedicated housekeeping staff who paid attention to detail. However, it is pricey!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tuftonboro, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Noted a very small outfdoor pool in front when I first drove up, abutting front parking lot. Lobby was neat, desk personell were friendly, but when I asked for an upgrade based on status, they told me they were more than 90% full and that there was nothing available, that would have been fine if true, but when I got up at 5AM and went out to my car, the back parlking lot only had three cars in it besides mine, hate to seem suspicious, but... Rooms were okay, clean, neat, again, nothing special. Breakfast was fairly typical, grainy eggs, canned fruit. A bright point was the helpfulness of the desk staff in finding a good place to eat the night of arrival, that would be the "Pasta House" also reviewed, and this should not be missed. I would agre with another reviewer in calling it pricey, thought it really wasn't worth the amount paid at $166 /night with tax.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven? Share your experiences!