“We'll Be Back!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fairhaven
Halifax, Canada
“We'll Be Back!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Arrived 3 hours early after an early morning flight and they had our room ready! We had a very comfortable 3 day stay the the Inn. Excellent room, king size bed, lots of linens, a wonderful diverse breakfast with many options for families with small kids, a dedicated housekeeping staff who paid attention to detail. However, it is pricey!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tuftonboro, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Noted a very small outfdoor pool in front when I first drove up, abutting front parking lot. Lobby was neat, desk personell were friendly, but when I asked for an upgrade based on status, they told me they were more than 90% full and that there was nothing available, that would have been fine if true, but when I got up at 5AM and went out to my car, the back parlking lot only had three cars in it besides mine, hate to seem suspicious, but... Rooms were okay, clean, neat, again, nothing special. Breakfast was fairly typical, grainy eggs, canned fruit. A bright point was the helpfulness of the desk staff in finding a good place to eat the night of arrival, that would be the "Pasta House" also reviewed, and this should not be missed. I would agre with another reviewer in calling it pricey, thought it really wasn't worth the amount paid at $166 /night with tax.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We arrived here one Thursday night this summer....with a reservation for a room with queen 2 beds. Well the first room we saw on the 2nd non-smoker floor smelled like someone had just walked out with a butt in hand!! In fact the whole floor smelled like smoking. So did the ground floor...only a bit less. There in a second room now with a King (the only room left in the house), the carpet was moist, the bed sheet was too...and it smelled musty. It was the handicapped room which put's this property to shame...! My wife took her slippers off and felt grossed out by the wet carpets!! The hallwyas and elevator's hadn't been vacuumed in a few days. The staff was nice... yet stupified when I asked not to be charged, because I wanted to leaved. I rarely walk out of a hotel, if ever...and definitely not at 11:30pm at night (with little option...but this place gave me the creeps. Fortunately the Seaport Inn down the street, was a clean and cheap alternative....!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

As a layover on your way to your final destination or if on business, this Hampton Inn is a great choice. The location is very convenient, the rooms clean, comfortable, and well appointed, and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Pricing varies by season, as expected, but even "in-season" the rates are very reasonable. Overall, this place is well worth putting on your list of potential stops.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Greensboro NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

very good Hampton. recommended. Seemed a bit pricey but it was competitive within the neighborhood, and everything about it was fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I can always count on all Hampton Inn's being great. I especially appreciate the fact that the Fairhaven facility is now supplying small refrigerator's in the rooms. I enjoy the special touches of the cookies, and coffee 24 hours.
Clean rooms always

Room Tip: ask for a room with a refrigerator
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Clermont, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

First, the hotel was clean. Breakfast area was clean and prompt (we had to leave by 6:30 each morning and breakfast was ready by 6 - thank you!). Front desk staff upon check in/check out was great. However, when we booked the room, we were told we would have a Fridge and microwave. When we arrived, no fridge or microwave. We asked the front desk, they apologized, they didn't have any available. Since we planned on a fridge, we had perishable food with us, needless to say, the ice machine worked overtime this weekend!

The other problem I guess would be with Housekeeping and how the front desk handles complaints. We stayed Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Upon our return to the room on Saturday, the garbage was not emptied, the dirty wash clothes were still left in the bathtub (which means they didn't wash that!) and shampoo/conditioner was not replaced. I was greatly disappointed. I always stay at Hilton brand hotels because we have had good luck with them, but this was disappointing. I called the front desk, as I felt this was unacceptable. The girl was polite but said it was a housekeeping issue and she would empty the trash if I wanted, but really didn't have any resolution to the problems. She said she would inform her manager, but we never heard from management. Just very disappointing in the cleaning. I haven't had this experience in any other hotel. I would expect they would not offer to pick up the trash, but demand it. I also would expect them to have someone come up and actually clean the room.

Lastly, the pool is located in an odd area. You have to either come out the front entrance and walk around the pool area to get in - or walk most of the way down the 1st floor hallway past all of the rooms to go out a side door and follow the sidewalk. Strange design.

Room Tip: The rooms were a bit small, for a few dollars more, grab a suite.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhaven
Seaport Inn and Marina
Capri Motel
Capri Motel
#5 of 5 in North Dartmouth
3.0 of 5 stars 17 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven? Share your experiences!