“Excellent Thai food backed up by equally good service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 59 Restaurants in Fairhaven
Cuisines: Thai
Dartmouth, MA
“Excellent Thai food backed up by equally good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We haven't eaten here in quite some time and spontaneously decided to give it a try after our favorite Thai restaurant in the area was closed for part of January while the owners were on vacation. Off the beaton track, out on Sconticut Neck Road, Sivalai was well worth the drive.

While we didn't experiment a great deal that evening, all the food was memorable. The steamed dumpling appetizers were an unexpected joy with a peanut-based topping on them that gave them way more flavor than the typical. My wife and I both had Pad Thai which was freshly prepared and tasty.

Finding good Asian food in the area can sometimes be a struggle. Sivalai makes it easy. Certainly less "Americanized" than other Asian restuarants in the area, I can confidently say that as I can say that it is probably my 2nd favorite asian restaurant on the south coast of Massachusetts, with Spicy Lime of New Bedford being #1.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Augusta, GA
“Owned by Thai people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

A small family run Thai restaurant. They Americanize their food a little, but if you ask for it authentically Thai, they will do that for you! They have the most authentic Thai food I have yet to find in the area. My family brings our Thai exchange student there all the time. And they have our favorite dishes from our trip to Thailand. They also have an amazing sunday brunch. The prices are very reasonable too. I want to say the brunch is around $10 and the dishes are around the same.

• Visited December 2010