“Never Dissappoints” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Never Dissappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Although there are an abundance of great seafood restaurants in our part of the Cape, when we eat out we prefer to travel to Fairhaven and Elizabeth's. The prices are reasonable, the food is always fresh and well presented, and the seafood selections are not your "run of the mill" fish and chips (although they do offer that, too.) Many of their selections are great for those watching their calories, but are still delicious and a decent portion. My all time favorite restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Massachusetts
“Excellent Food, Great Prices, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We recently visited Elizabeth's and were amazed at the quality of the food and the reasonably prices. They offer claim chowder which can be ordered just as a "broth" style or with cream. The best chowder I've ever had and I am a "chowder" snob. Crab Cakes are delicious and the salads are great. Elizabeth's offers a full bar which is a nice alternative to their sister restaurant, Margarets. You will not be disappointed here. Just be prepared that it is busy and a bit noisy. This is not a fancy restaurant but has the look and feel of something you'd find in Providence or Boston. Excellent spot!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Food/Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband & I went here based on a recommendation from a local New Bedford bartender. I wasn't really sure about the place at the beginning, since there was a wait and the person we spoke to didn't seem to write our name down on any list. So I was a little skeptical to say the least. It was Labor Day weekend and they were very busy as expected. However, about a half hour later we were given a table. Like other reviewers mentioned, the tables are aluminum tables with aluminum chairs. The atmosphere was a little loud for my tastes, but it was fine for my husband. After speaking with several different wait staff to see what was good since we had never been before, I chose the pan roasted chicken breast with a mushroom, balsamic demi glaze and rice and my husband chose the lobster penne (which was a special for that day). They were both amazing!! The portions were big and the price was right too. The beer selection was very good as well. I was driving so I did not indulge, but my husband was able to get a very fresh Firestone Walker Double Jack Imperial IPA. This is something (for all you beer nerds) is hard to come by fresh. He was very impressed by this. It is a little corner space with really no room to wait for you table so people were going in and out the front door. You could eat at the bar if there was space and you didn't want to wait for a table.

All the wait staff/bartenders were very friendly and always ready to offer their opinions on the menu selections for the newbies. I personally have never seen a restaurant have so many different specials that they actually have a separate listing for them. I have seen the typical specials list listing 1 or 2 entrees, appetizers,etc, but this was entire page of just entree specials, maybe one or two appetizer or salad specials. There had to be at least 15 different entree specials that night.

It did take awhile for us to get our dinner, but there were a couple of large parties in at the same time, so it is understandable.

My husband & I will definitely be back. It was very good and the service was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stow
“a Special Treat for an Out-of-the Way Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We go here regularly - at least once a month - and have never been disappointed. The very pleasant waitresses always start you off with impossible to resist homemade bread chunks to be dipped in olive oil, cheese and hot pepper. They are a meal in themselves, but forget the calories for this meal. We have tried many of their seafood specials and love anything they do with scallops. Another favorite is their haddock wrap. It's loaded with fish, a great sauce and cole slaw - a full meal for $7.95. Other things we really like here are their fish fry, crab cakes, of course, and meatloaf. Elizabeth's is a great find!

Visited August 2012
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“Best Martini's and Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Small little place with amazing seafood, great service, and delicious martinis! They always have great specials (had the swordfish and salmon before and both were excellent) but even their standard fare (hamburger, fish and chips, chowder) are very good. One of the best local restaurants in our area!

• Visited August 2012