“"COMFORTABLE/CLEAN/ VERY WONDERFUL STAFF" NJ traveler” 5 of 5 stars

Seaport Inn and Marina
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Middle Street, Fairhaven, MA 02719   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Fairhaven
Brick, New Jersey
“"COMFORTABLE/CLEAN/ VERY WONDERFUL STAFF" NJ traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I don't know where to start, this was a very difficult time for us ( our trip to New Bedford was to bury our Mom) but we could not have made a better choice for our accommodations. The hotel has under gone/is going through renovations but was a nice place to stay & would do it again on a revisit. Not fancy like chain hotels had its own style, clean & comfortable. AC worked well. I can't COMPLIMENT the staff enough they were friendly, attentive & went above & beyond. The beds were very comfortable & the bathrooms were a very nice size there was PLENTY of storage throughout. The complimentary breakfast was very good & there was quite an assortment of choices. We did eat in the restaurant one night we thought the food was good, service was great. After our long day of saying Goodbye to our Mom later in the evening we enjoyed the outside bar with wait service & music then moved inside to further enjoy music with the DJ. The Hotel staff was VERY pleasant & went out of their way, especially Stephanie P, I can't say enough about staff, wonderful crew. Remember don't judge a book by its cover it is hard to see through a place's renovations but it was a good choice & when all is done it will offer even more I'm sure. I'm told there are future plans for pool, sounds great!! I found the "Website" to be very helpful, saw a lot of pictures, explanation of rooms & also a menu, etc before I chose, it's out there for all to read. I do travel a lot & there are a lot of choices out there but glad we took a chance with Seaport Inn & Marina & I have no regrets, would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kennebunk, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Our family was in town for our mother's funeral and booked six rooms at the Seaport Inn. We had looked at pictures of the rooms on the website and they looked a little small but turned out to be very adequate for our needs and nicely decorated. They were very comfortable and clean, the bed was nice, the air conditioner was just right, and the staff was just great. They went the extra mile for our family. Stephanie P., you helped make a difficult time more than bearable, We ate next door at the grill. Not fancy but we had a nice meal. We also spent time in the outside tent area at night. Again, not fancy, but so pleasant to have a place outdoors with a nice view of the boats. The Inn is undergoing renovations which should certainly make the hotel stay even more pleasant in the future. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
seaportinnmarina, Group Sales Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Seaport Inn and Marina. It is always so great to know that we could be a part of making such a difficult time more tolerable. We hope to see you again whenever your traveling plans bring you to the New Bedford/Fairhaven area.
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our first visit to Fairhaven. The picture made it look like the hotel had a bustling waterfront marina. In reality in back of the hotel was an asphalt covered area, an abandoned waterfront bar, and another motel like building that was partially wrapped and boarded up. The adjacent restaurant appeared abandoned also but reading the sign told us it was closed Tuesdays, our only night there. The marina is indeed a parking lot for boats, but any other services to boaters, other than rooms, appears to have been discontinued. The hotel itself was clean. Our room overlooked the parking lot and the sliding curtain was difficult to open and close for light or privacy. The king bed took up almost the entire room, but was comfortable. We ate takeout food at the foot of the bed due to lack of space and arrangement of furniture. The wall air conditioner/heater was adjustable and kept the room comfortable on a hot muggy day. Decent flat screen TV with cable, wireless internet, alarm clock, iron/board, and hairdryer were in the room. Complimentary breakfast off the lobby from 6:30 am-9:00 am was good.

Room Tip: A water view would probably be more pleasant and afford more privacy. Some first floor rooms apparen...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our room was really nice with a very comfy bed. It is an older hotel but right on the water. I think once they have finished renovations it will be really nice. Great brunch on the water for $12 our server was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Porto, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I normally stay at the Marriot in Bew Bedford, but for these two days that I stayed in this area… it was full. I think it was because of the hurricane and the fact that there was a historic whaling vessel in the port, that attracted a few tourists. Nevertheless, I stayed in the Seaport (based on the positive reviews)… and this is what I think:

POSITIVE POINTS:
It is in a quiet area (a little seeady at night, I must admit), but it is perfect to relax in. After a few weeks of travelling, I actually appreciated the fact that it was away from the more confusing areas. Right near the marina, and pleasant setting.

The staff were all very friendly, and really helpful to all needs.

The room is a decent size, with an also decent sized separate working area. Internet was fast and free… always appreciated. I must say that the room was clean and the bathroom is a decent size as well. Nothing to write home about, but good enough for a couple days stay.

The gym is relatively small, but also reasonably equipped, and will get you a decent workout (I would suggest some sort of cooling inside the room).

There is ample parking, which is always a plus, expecially for free.

NEGATIVE POINTS:
Worst of all, honestly, was the terrible smell in the corridors, while walking to the room. The room is well cleaned, but the corridors are stinking with a weird smell of mold mixed with a stench of unclean carpets.

The hotel is REALLY old… and feels really, REALLY old… and in my opinion everything is in desperate need of a huge renovation as quickly as possible (especially those pathetic carpers that release a strong and unpleasant odor). The hotel is living in the middle of the past century… and needs to find itself into the 21st century, where we are living at the moment (just in case they do not know). The "relaxing spa" is under renovation. It has been forever, and according to what I heard will be until next year.

Price was truthfully unreasonable for what I received in the hotel. Too high… WAY too high.

Breakfast was really poor as well. Just an extremely basic choice of a reduced options.

SUMMING UP:
I was looking forward to coming here, based on many positive reviews. I love writing positive things about placed I go… but in all fairness, I must be honest with what I feel… and yes, I felt let down after staying in this hotel for two days.

I much prefer the Marriot accord the bridge, and will stay there or in the Hampton Inn next time. There is very little that makes me want to return to this place, unfortunately.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The suite that I stayed in, room 242 I think, is great. I've stayed in this room 4 times. Big with a view etc. The staff is GREAT; Jamie the manager, Brittany, Michelle and all the others. The free breakfast is good also.

Room Tip: The suite is the best!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at the Seaport Inn and Marina Friday and Saturday nights, June 7th & 8th. We paid $110 a night, and found the room to be very clean and comfortable. The beds & pillows were spotless and cozy. The bathroom was very clean (clean is a must for us) and everything in our room was in working order. Only complaint is no fridge or microwave in the room. Hard for diabetics who need to keep insulin cold. They did have a microwave in the lobby for guests. Breakfast was great. Much better breakfast than the other surrounding hotels. Hot Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and pancakes. Also they had the usual continnental items available such as bagels, english muffins, cereal, oatmeal, etc... Compared to other hotels in the area, I would stay at the Seaport Inn and Marina again. The staff was also friendly. They did not have a lot of knowledge about destinations in the area, but they were friendly and when we needed extra towels in the room, they promptly delivered them and with a smile.

Room Tip: If you are handicap, DON'T stay on the second floor. The hotel does not have an elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Seaport Inn and Marina? Share your experiences!