“It Works” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Fairhaven
Fort Collins, Colorado
“It Works”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed two nights at the Seaport Inn and it was fine -- not great -- but it was fine. It is in a good location for seeing New Bedford just across the bridge. Most of the sites we wanted to see were within 3 miles. The facility is clean and has a gym and free breakfast. It has convenient parking and is adjacent to a marina for walking. Also,it is just up the road from Fort Phoenix. We went to the Seaport Grill next door and were the only people there other than those playing pool or drinking at the bar. Food was o.k., but I was worried when we first got there since no one else was eating. One thing I noticed was that there was never anyone at the desk. I always had to make a noise or say "hello" to get some service. The service was always o.k., but .......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
seaportinnmarina, General Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I would like to Thank you on behalf of myself and the Seaport Inn and Marina staff for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that you did feel that the customer service was up to your standards. We pride ourselves on our customer service and our family environment and am sorry that you did not experience that. I did read your review during a staff meeting so that this does not happen in the future. We wish you the best of luck and Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Bedford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

During the recent blizzard a tree fell on our house. We live in New Bedford and called the Seaport because we were recently there for a wedding. We were told that they were booked but that we would be put on a waiting list. I thought that I would not hear back from them. We were desperate and called around and no other hotels had power. In a couple of hours I was surprised to recieve a call back and they said they had a room for us. From the time we arrived and checked in to the time we checked out we were constantly amazed by the staff and how accomidating they were. I think they slept there because we always saw them. The hotel was booked, no resturants were open, and the chef could not get to work. My first thought was we are going to starve..we recieved a call from the desk to let us know they were serving soup and sandwiches in the bar. What really surprised us was that the Manager and the Event lady cooked for the hotel so that the guest could eat, and the soup and chowder were very good. We were there for 3 days and were so inspired by the staff and how hard they worked, they treated us like family. We will recommend this hotel to all of our friends and family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We were a lucky family of 6 to get a last set of adjoining rooms after the Blizzard Of 2013, even with a dog. The staff was wonderful, rooms were clean, and they allowed us to make last minute decisions day to day based on if we had power back at home. We will stay there again if needed. The only downfalls were no indoor pool and too much to wash/dry laundry, other than that wonderful :)

• Stayed February 2013
seaportinnmarina, General Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I would like to Thank you on behalf of myself and the Seaport Inn and Marina staff for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy that we could help in your time of need. We had so many families without power or damaged homes in our area and we are so glad to have been in the position to help so many. It was great to have some local visitors here, even some friends from our town. We wish you the best of luck and Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a recent trip. The price was great for the location. The room was very nice, the bed was comfortable and the linens were all in good shape and good quality. The cleanliness of the bathroom is always a great indicator for me -- it was very clean. The free breakfast was decent. The front desk staff was also very friendly. I would definitely stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
seaportinnmarina, Director of Sales at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing Seaport Inn and Marina on your recent visit to the Fairhaven area. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive for excellence and all feedback from our guests is extremely helpful, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

The room was nothing special. I spotted a roach motel in the closet and left with mysterious rashes on my legs and back. Upon entering the "restaurant", I felt completely awkward with three "servers" hanging at the bar seating me after 5 minutes of standing there. Since when does having 4 tables qualify as a restaurant? The menu was typical of a dive with a "specials" menu that was random and unappealing. I got the chicken which tasted like Italian dressing and it was supposed to be marsala. Had to get up and ask for my bill because the girls were busy chatting at the empty bar. I'll never stay there again. As for the dining experience? I recommend The Pasta House

• Stayed December 2012
Gloucester, Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the inn for a night and price wise it was worth it. First the room are on the small size it is a hotel room nothing more. The room was very clean and bathroom spotless. The hotel staff Brittany the front deak person was friendly and helpfull, the waitresses at the breakfast buffet were also very pleasant. What makes up for the room size is its location on the water and about a mile to downtown New Bedford. I would recomend this Inn.

Room Tip: Ask about the fan noise in the heater AC unit.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the New Bedford/Fairhaven area or any surrounding towns. Didn't expect much while booking it but when we checked in, it was a pleasant suprise to say the least. It was very clean, smelled clean, and was more than accommodating. The staff was great and very helpful. We were also pleased to find out breakfast was included. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Seaport Inn and Marina? Share your experiences!