During the recent blizzard a tree fell on our house. We live in New Bedford and called the Seaport because we were recently there for a wedding. We were told that they were booked but that we would be put on a waiting list. I thought that I would not hear back from them. We were desperate and called around and no other hotels had power. In a couple of hours I was surprised to recieve a call back and they said they had a room for us. From the time we arrived and checked in to the time we checked out we were constantly amazed by the staff and how accomidating they were. I think they slept there because we always saw them. The hotel was booked, no resturants were open, and the chef could not get to work. My first thought was we are going to starve..we recieved a call from the desk to let us know they were serving soup and sandwiches in the bar. What really surprised us was that the Manager and the Event lady cooked for the hotel so that the guest could eat, and the soup and chowder were very good. We were there for 3 days and were so inspired by the staff and how hard they worked, they treated us like family. We will recommend this hotel to all of our friends and family.
- Also Known As:
- Seaport Inn And Marina Hotel Fairhaven
- Seaport Inn And Marina Hotel
- Holiday Inn Fairhaven
- Fairhaven Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaport Inn and Marina, formerly The Holiday Inn Express Fairhaven-New Bedford Hotel is located on the beautiful New Bedford Fairhaven waterfront. Just minutes from the high speed Martha's Vineyard Ferry service, The Seaport Inn & Marina offers easy access to the most popular destinations! Only 20 miles from Cape Cod. Formerly The Holiday Inn Express, The Seaport Inn and Marina has been renovated extensively and updated.This beautiful waterfront hotel is centrally located to beaches, shopping, restaurants, as well as the historic and business districts of Fairhaven and New Bedford. Complimentary hot deluxe continental breakfast, Complimentary Wi-Fi, state-of-the-art fitness center and full laundry facility. We are pet-friendly. Our Marina offers deep water slips for boats from 20’ to 70.’ Slip rentals are available by the day, the week or the month.We have just completed the renovation on our Grand Ballroom! Coming soon our indoor Olympic size pool and Jacuzzi to be completed by Spring 2014. Follow our pool renovation progress starting October 2013 on Facebook. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Seaport Inn and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.