I too was a bit disappointed in my recent stay this past weekend. We were in for 2 nights for Family Weekend at nearby UMass Dartmouth.
The lobby looked great. The front desk folks were very friendly. I checked in with no issues.
The parking lot is to the side of the property right next to the docks. Plenty of parking, though there are two or three sets of lines, so people park every which way. The hallways and entrances were clean.
Our room looked great. Clean rugs and surfaces, and good smell. Average size, maybe a tad on the small side. Our only real beef was that Expedia had said it was a water view room and we were facing the opposite side.
Decor was fine, well lit with plenty of working lamps. Nice flat screen TV. Beds were reasonably comfortable Double Beds. Pillows were small and unsubstantial. The fit and finish of the room was top of the line.
Breakfast was good. The first morning there were bacon and eggs with a funky pancake making machine. The second morning there were sausage and eggs, but the pancake maker was broken. When it worked the pancake maker made pretty good pancakes. The bacon was done just right. The eggs were fine, not watery as you sometimes find elsewhere.
There were also the usual suspects - bread/toast, english muffins, bagels, Apple Juice, OJ, coffee, cold cereal, hard boiled eggs. The staff kept the place clean, emptied the trash often, stocked the food well. They did a great job.
We too experience the drunkenness a previous reviewer complained about. At 3am we were awakened by loud talking in the hallway. Two guys were arguing, one apparently drunk. The more sober one hit the drunk in the belly, and the drunk fell to the floor. He rolled over and laid there rubbing his head before retching and crawling down the hall. Ugly scene. We complained to the desk and it didn't recur the next night.
On the first morning, we ate breakfast at 9 and left our room for the day by 10, taking in our Do Not Disturb sign. There were cleaners in the hall doing other rooms as we left. We arrived back in our room at 6pm to find it still dirty. Even though the sign was taken in, and we had left an hour before checkout, housekeeping didn't make up our room. Again, we complained and had to do the room ourselves for the second night.
On the second morning, my wife decided against breakfast opting to sleep in while I took one of our kids down. But at 9:30, with our Do Not Disturb sign still out, we get a knock on the door from Housekeeping. Were we leaving? No, checkout isn't until 11. "It Is?" Weird.
I can only assume they were hassling us because we complained the day before. Either that or they really have no idea how Do Not Disturb signs work.
- Also Known As:
- Seaport Inn And Marina Hotel
- Seaport Inn And Marina Hotel Fairhaven
- Holiday Inn Fairhaven
- Fairhaven Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaport Inn and Marina, formerly The Holiday Inn Express Fairhaven-New Bedford Hotel is located on the beautiful New Bedford Fairhaven waterfront. Just minutes from the high speed Martha's Vineyard Ferry service, The Seaport Inn & Marina offers easy access to the most popular destinations! Only 20 miles from Cape Cod. Formerly The Holiday Inn Express, The Seaport Inn and Marina has been renovated extensively and updated.This beautiful waterfront hotel is centrally located to beaches, shopping, restaurants, as well as the historic and business districts of Fairhaven and New Bedford. Complimentary hot deluxe continental breakfast, Complimentary Wi-Fi, state-of-the-art fitness center and full laundry facility. We are pet-friendly. Our Marina offers deep water slips for boats from 20’ to 70.’ Slip rentals are available by the day, the week or the month.We have just completed the renovation on our Grand Ballroom! Coming soon our indoor Olympic size pool and Jacuzzi to be completed by Spring 2014. Follow our pool renovation progress starting October 2013 on Facebook. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Seaport Inn and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.