I had read other reviews of this property, so expected a reasonable stay. There were some plusses, but overall I was very disappointed. This property is obviously an old Holiday Inn Express. (All of the fixtures and signage are those used by HIE). It is reasonably maintained, but not kept clean.
The room was in reasonable condition, 2 double beds, a television stuck to the dresser so that it could not be seen from the desk. A plus- a good number of television stations, though not quite all my favorites.
When I checked in on Monday night, the young lady at the front desk was helpful and friendly. The bathroom of my room had a dead bug on the floor (just a small one and I saw no live ones). That bug was still on the bathroom floor when I checked out on Friday! (yes, I left it--I forgot to pick it up Monday night, then after realizing it was still there Tuesday, ran an informal survey) That was one of the most disappointing aspects of the hotel. The coffeepot was never cleaned all week, either. Yes, housekeeping did make beds and take out trash, but that's about it.
Breakfast was adequate-- the usual cereals, eggs and bacon or sausage, breads, yogurt. The brown bananas sat for 3 days before being replaced.
Bottom line--I definitely do not plan to stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Seaport Inn And Marina Hotel
- Seaport Inn And Marina Hotel Fairhaven
- Holiday Inn Fairhaven
- Fairhaven Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaport Inn and Marina, formerly The Holiday Inn Express Fairhaven-New Bedford Hotel is located on the beautiful New Bedford Fairhaven waterfront. Just minutes from the high speed Martha's Vineyard Ferry service, The Seaport Inn & Marina offers easy access to the most popular destinations! Only 20 miles from Cape Cod. Formerly The Holiday Inn Express, The Seaport Inn and Marina has been renovated extensively and updated.This beautiful waterfront hotel is centrally located to beaches, shopping, restaurants, as well as the historic and business districts of Fairhaven and New Bedford. Complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, state-of-the-art fitness center and full laundry facility. We are pet-friendly. Our Marina offers deep water slips for boats from 20’ to 70.’ Slip rentals are available by the day, the week or the month. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Seaport Inn and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.