Was evicted from my room the night before the non-event of Hurricane Earl whose highest wind gust didn't exceed 45 mph. Was sent to a shelter and alerted of the eviction via a note slipped under my door! Not a phone call nor personal notice of this serious inconvenience and potential hardship occurred. No attempt to find me other accomodations (despite no other hotel or B&B in Edgartown evacuating guests) occurred either. The cot I slept on at the shelter was cake compared to the roaches I had to dodge on the shelter floor! There was no cohesion nor knowldege of the staff as to what was going on during the storm. No one was directing where one should go, nor was anyone alerting the guests as what to expect. Said information had to be pulled from the front desk employees-and the information was innacurate at best. Finally, and the worst of it was, that no apology was even afforded by any of the staff members upon my return from the shelter! In essence, treatment was like that of a liability/nuisance rather than a guest. To add insult to injury, the next day the cleaning services had left the front door of my room wide open! Upon confronting the desk, it was intimated that I perhaps had left the door open..even though the room was dirty in the AM and clean when I got back! So although I cannot say enough about how beautiful MV is and what a beautiful location it is on which Harborview rests, the hospitality factor, decision-making and damage control of Harborview's upper management is seriously deficient- emabarrasingly so. It is in a moment of crisis that one shows one true colors and literally being a fairweather host at such an establishment is beyond comprehension.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harbor View Hotel offers guests spectacular views of the harbor, Chappaquiddick Island, and Edgartown light house. The resort sits at the end of North Water Street in Edgartown where it has welcomed families and returning guests for more than 100 years. Only minutes from downtown Edgartown, that offers its' guests an array activities from biking, shopping, dining, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Harbor View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor View Hotel Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard
- Harbor View Hotel And Resort
- Harbor View Edgartown