We typically rent a house when we visit the vineyard, and always prefer to visit in May or September when the weather is usually pleasant and the crowds aren't at summer strength. This time, we were just going for a long weekend and decided to spoil ourselves with a cottage suite at the Harbor View since we were able to get a great off season rate These are the suites that have been most recently updated. We had been to Water St for dinner on previous trips, but had never stayed at the hotel before.
All prior reviews of the cottage suite were right on. The suite was beautiful, clean and spacious. Just what we were looking for for a relaxing weekend getaway. My husband loved all of the technology in the suite (wi-fi, two flat screen TVs and integrated speaker system throughout that you can hook your iPod into). I loved the bathroom...amazing shower with incredible pressure, beautiful soaking tub and L'Occitane bath products -- what's not to love? I think I could have spent the whole weekend in that bathroom. Luckily, there was more in the suite and the island itself so I did venture out :). The king bed was comfortable and piled with gleaming white linens and the gas fire was an oh so welcomed site after we had one particularly windy/chilly day out. The suite had two private porches with comfy chairs and an outdoor shower (alas, a little two chilly for use in May). We were traveling as a couple, but I can see how this suite would work well for a small family as there were two sets of doors -- one to divide the bedroom from the kitchen/bathroom area and another set of doors to divide the living room/dining area from the kitchen/bathroom area.
We didn't end up eating at Henry's during this trip (Water St wasn't yet opened for the season). As many others have commented, you really can't beat the location of the Harbor View. Your steps away from the Edgartown lighthouse and under a 10 minute stroll (through beautiful historic Edgartown) to all of the shops and restaurants. The main building's porch is a wonderful spot to sit and relax on a warm evening.
If there was one negative, I regret to say it was with the front desk staff. Both at check in and check out staff members were detached and somewhat aloof. We're not the type of travelers that need to be fawned over, but we're always appreciative of friendly service and here, sadly, it was lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harbor View Hotel offers guests spectacular views of the harbor, Chappaquiddick Island, and Edgartown light house. The resort sits at the end of North Water Street in Edgartown where it has welcomed families and returning guests for more than 100 years. It offers its’ guests an array of amenities from our Water Activities with “Scout” our center console, “Stardust” our vintage picnic yacht, outdoor heated pool, Water St. Restaurant and Henry’s Hotel Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Harbor View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor View Hotel Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard
- Harbor View Hotel And Resort
- Harbor View Edgartown