“Total relaxation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor View Hotel

Save Saved
You added Harbor View Hotel to your Saves list
Harbor View Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   131 North Water St, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02539   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Edgartown
Bradenton, Florida
“Total relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We arrived there hassled with work and craziness of home and family to be welcomed into a warm and relaxed setting whose goal seemed to be to make us comfortable and happy. Soft music, nice room with balcony, an incredibly beautiful setting, good food and drinks. What more could you want.The rocking chairs on the porch welcomed everyone for free coffee in the morning to drinks while watching the sunset. The ability to stay there for the full time, or take advantage of the closeness to the harbor made it a perfect place whether you had a car or not.

Room Tip: loved being in separate bldg. with balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

568 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have stayed at the Harbor View for the past three summers and every stay has been wonderful. We travel with my parents who are older and need convenient rooms and not a lot of walking. We stayed in the main inn in the water view rooms and the views were gorgeous. The rooms aren't fancy, but they're comfortable and we don't spend a lot of time in them anyway. The housekeepers--especially Wendy--are wonderful and they treat us like family. The concierge staff are great and are very accommodating and patient. They were able to book some great boat trips for us which is difficult when one of our group is blind and has a hard time walking. The restaurant is very attractive and the food is good--solid New England fare including a clambake. The wrap-around porch is a beautiful spot to sit and watch the boats sail in and out of the harbor. We love the location of the Inn as we're close enough to walk to everything in town, but enough removed that it's nice and quiet in the evenings. We've enjoyed our time at the Harbor View and we will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: The water view rooms in the main inn have fantastic views!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I traveled to this hotel about a week ago with my husband and 14-month old. We stayed at a different hotel the first night, but spent 2 nights at the Harbor View hotel. We loved the location, but the hotel was so-so for what we paid.

Firstly, my husband and I both work in hotels and understand that you are expected to check in at or after check in time. Since we left from another hotel, it was about 11:30 when we arrived. I took a shot and saw if I could check in, explaining that I had a cranky 1 year old in the car. They said they had nothing, but would tell housekeeping to get something ready for us and would call us as soon as possible. I figured that was fair, and also requested a crib. We went to grab lunch and went shopping until my little one was at his breaking point so we went back to the hotel to see if we could get into our room yet. The same lady was there and said the same thing again - she would try to get housekeeping to get something ready for us. So we left again slighty disappointed and irritated trying to think what else we could do with a toddler that needed a nap ASAP.

Finally they called us and told us our room was ready. When I went to check in she told me I wasn't in the same building as the lobby, but had to cross the pool to another building - a building...with..no..elevator. I couldn't even find words to say when she told me this and that I wasn't even on the first floor. I just left with the room keys explaining to my husband that we had to get my son and all of his stuff up a flight of stairs each time we went out. Not fun at all. Plus having to carry him past the pool every time so he didn't fall/leap in :-/

Ok so the room. I still don't know if the floor was ever vacuumed before we checked in. I found crumbs and fuzz balls all over the place. Hair on the bathroom floor. Just not what I was expecting. The room seemed VERY old too. Especially the bathroom. It was so tiny. The worst part was, my son was playing on the floor and pulled a pair of ladies underwear from under one of the beds. He left them on the floor, and my husband asked if they were mine and I freaked.

We were in a rush to leave the hotel to go home so we didn't stop by the desk to tell them our issues but we called them and all they offered was 10% off a future stay. Hm. I don't think we will be back.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed 4 days at the Harbor View with my wife and 2' yr old and the experience could not have been better. The staff was excellent and more accommodating than I could have imagined. Zach the general manager has this place running professionally and efficiently. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Nice and clean rooms with turn down service at night. The food at Water Street restaurant was the best of all the places we ate on the trip. The location is perfect and a short walk to best town on the vineyard. Great location for famlies and children. Daily activities for kids with a friendly staff added a pleasant element to the trip. Can't think of returning in the future and not staying here. When you add everything up, this place cannot be beat and truly the place to stay on your next visit.

• Stayed July 2013
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently booked a three night stay at the Harbor View Hotel in Edgartown, Ma at a cost of $2200.00.

Stayed two nights (Room 202) and checked out a day early because the A/C was inefficient. The filter was totally blocked and for the second night we needed to have a fan. I was unable to cancel the third night. I was offered a credit for $625.00 and no consideration was offered for the previous two nights. We are spending our third night now in Cape Cod at a wonderful resort called the Wequassett for $395.00 (or should I say $625.00 +$395.00 for a total of $1020.00).

The room is a comfortable 70 degrees and my bride is sound asleep.

Wish that we would of come here first!

Room Tip: make sure the A/c is adequate
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the Harbor View Hotel for a weekend; the staff was good, but the hotel was much pricier than it should have been, given the accommodations. The location is beautiful but the bathrooms were old and the rooms smelled quite musty; the housekeeping was just so-so and, all in all, considering how pricey this place was, I have to say that I expected a much nicer hotel experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I just came back from staying 3 days. We where with my two kids and parents and what amazed me the most was that I found this hotel to cater to all different age groups. Both my parents and my kids (8 & 10) had a wonderful time, they had activities for everyone which was a very pleasant surprise! Besides than, the hotel and location are beautiful wonderful porch to have an afternoon cocktail.

Room Tip: The rooms on the main building which face the parking lot are a little noisy because of the ac machi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Harbor View Hotel? Share your experiences!