We stayed Sunday through Tuesday during this past Memorial Day weekend. The hotel is lovely, location can't be beat and there is plenty to do. You can spend the whole day at the beach just down the hill from the hotel front door or sit with a book on the front porch in a comfy rocker and enjoy the ocean breeze. The outdoor pool is big, plenty of loungers and nice, thick towels. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Complimentary coffee and tea is served until 11am in the main hotel building. Free Wi-Fi. We stayed in the Governor Mayhew building behind the historic hotel so our experience was more like an upscale Holiday Inn but everything in our room was luxurious and clean. The walls are thin, you can hear the people upstairs throwing their suitcases around and if you get a room near the exterior doors you will be treated to loud door banging all night. Sadly, the dining room is gorgeous with fantastic views but the food is crazy awful. My Eggs Benedict were runny, cold and portions were skimpy. My homefries were overcooked, dry and then served cold. My husband said the only good thing on his plate was the strip of bacon. Prices are high and the place was moderately busy so they really need to do better. I would highly recommend it if you can get a AAA discount and go just before or after the high summer season. The location in Edgartown is perfect, ten minute walk to the main drag and lots of pretty houses and gardens to enjoy. Just don't eat the food. Walk down to Murdick's and get an egg and bacon sandwich and a bottle of orange juice to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harbor View Hotel offers guests spectacular views of the harbor, Chappaquiddick Island, and Edgartown light house. The resort sits at the end of North Water Street in Edgartown where it has welcomed families and returning guests for more than 100 years. It offers its’ guests an array of amenities from our Water Activities with “Scout” our center console, “Stardust” our vintage picnic yacht, outdoor heated pool, Water St. Restaurant and Henry’s Hotel Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Harbor View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor View Hotel And Resort
- Harbor View Hotel Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard
- Harbor View Edgartown