“Wonderful!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   38 North Water Street, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02539 (Formerly Colonial Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE July Sail for 2
Ranked #4 of 11 Edgartown B&B and Inns
“Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Found the Vineyard square on the Internet; boy did we luck out. Perfect location and accompdating staff. Our room was airy and bright. The decor was fresh and newly updated. Nice complentary breakfast and free bike rentals.

• Stayed October 2012
VineyardSquare, General Manager at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your delightful review. We are so glad that good fortunes brought you our way. We're pleased our friendly staff and great location made such an impression. Please come back and visit us the next time your travels lead you to Martha's Vineyard

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Linlithgow, West Lothian, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed three nights at the Vineyard Square Hotel in one of the "Cozy" rooms. As a single traveller this room is just the right size with a larger bathroom than many of the chain hotels, it would also be fine for a couple. The staff are all friendly and knowledgeable about the hotel and the surrounding area. There are many shops, cafes and restaurants in 5 mins walk so location could not be better. There a rockers on the front porch to watch the world go by but there is also a very calming balcony with sea views and rockers on the 4th floor that feels like you are in a private world. The Wifi internet connectivity is free and first class. Having checked out the other places to stay as I walked around town I would say the Vineyard Square is hard to beat.

Room Tip: The "Cozy" rooms are great value and have everything you need for a short stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
VineyardSquare, General Manager at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Our cozy rooms are quite the deal, aren't they?! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our central location to everything in Edgartown! We're also glad you enjoyed "watching the world go by" view right in our front square. Thank you for your review and kind words about our helpful staff. We look forward to your next visit to "Getaway Central."
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed in one o the one-bedroom suites for a long weekend with twoparnts nd 2 year old, and it was just perfect. Can't beatbthe location and convenince, room very clean and comfortable, staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
VineyardSquare, General Manager at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. It's nice to hear that you feel our suites are a great deal. Come visit us again on your next trip to the island.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Two word review- stay here!! If you are planning a trip, long or short to the Vineyard, I highly recommend this hotel if you want an amazing experience. My fiance and I wanted to spend a few days away for my birthday weekend in August. We searched online and hoped to be in a nice location so we could get a feel for the Vineyard, but being New Yorkers we are used to having everything at our fingertips and within walking distance. We wanted to be near restaurants, shopping and the beach with little effort. Vineyard Square provided us with that option- it was so convenient, we could walk to everything. The room was lovely and immaculate, decorated in a cool green and filled with eco-friendly touches, it had exactly that beachy feel I was looking for without being too isolated.

A few other things that were wonderful- they have live music on the outside front porch on some nights and it was just so awesome to have that right next to the hotel. Also, if you need beautifying (like I did), the hotel has an amazing salon where you can get your hair done or a mani/pedi. It was so nice to have that right there so you can pamper yourself and I got so many compliments when i got home and back to work. I am thinking of going back in the off-season even. Ask for Salissa for hair, she is the best. Free breakfast was also a nice touch, with an outdoor back patio that had lots of comfy places to relax. Plus they have bikes for the guests... I never got my courage up to test one out and go riding- but it is totally a reason for me to go back and conquer the bikes! Oh and for all you fitness fans they have a small gym, I never expected that so I didn't bring my workout clothes.. but you can definitely get the time in.

Above all, the staff was so friendly and catered to our every need, whether it be recommendations for breakfast or supplies for the beach. Joanne and Evelyn are fantastic and if you have any questions, Wes who is also at the desk is one of those jack-of all trades where no task seems too large or small. I asked if he helps with weddings, because I know he would deliver top notch service for us!

Finally, I will review it separately as well but the restaurant Chesca next door was our favorite place to eat in Edgartown and it was so convenient being right at the hotel- the fun drinks, a lobster salad, and the Snowball dessert are things i can't get out of my head.

In all it was a perfect birthday trip and we can't wait to go back, perhaps we will make it our annual getaway every August!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a single room and it was perfect for the two of us!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
It's so lovely to hear that we made your birthday getaway sing! That means a lot. Thank you so much for your kind and detailed review. I'm happy that our entire front desk crew made such an impression. And, it sounds like you made great use of the other businesses located at The Square, as well. We are so glad to have Sea Spa Salon and Chesca's located on our complex. It's always great to hear great feedback on them! Please do come back to "Getaway Central" for your next celebration. We look forward to impressing you even more.
Pelham, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend last spring while my Vineyard house was being renovated. Very, very nice choice at considerably lower cost than some of the other places in town. Excellent location right on North Water Street, convenient to shopping, restaurants, shuttle bus stop, and the harbor. I had a two bedroom suite with a small living room and kitchenette. It was impeccably clean and everything we needed. The help at the front desk was cheerful and helpful. Really an excellent choice

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
VineyardSquare, General Manager at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad we could provide you with a comfortable and convenient "home away from home" while work was being done on your Vineyard house. We also greatly appreciate you recommending us to others for our competitive Martha's Vineyard hotel rates, helpful staff, and our excellent, central location to all Edgartown has to offer.
Devizes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Vineyard Square hotel for two weeks during our honeymoon and the Jawsfest celebration and we could not be happier with the treatment we received. From the minute we arrived until the moment we left we were treated like family and it was with heavy hearts that we finally checked out. Our room was a great size and was kept spotless by the housekeeping staff, the breakfast buffet was a huge selection of fruit, cereal, muffins, bagels, and much more, and hot coffee on the go all day long certainly helped keep us going after a long day sightseeing.

The location is an easy walk to anywhere you need to go in Edgartown and we can't recommend the hotel enough. The manager, Joanne, is a superstar, and months before we arrived was immensely helpful with our booking and planning of our trip, we can't say enough good things about her and her staff, Wes and Nikisha especially, always greeted us with a warm welcome and helped us out with whatever we needed.

We wouldn't hesitate in returning to the Vineyard Square hotel and we will definitely come back again one day as long as Joanne is still in charge :)

Matt and Han

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
VineyardSquare, General Manager at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Matt and Han – Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am glad that you felt so at home here at Vineyard Square. I am very proud of all of our staff and their knowledge and hospitality and I thank you for your kind words about Wes and Nikisha. They make a great team at the front desk and it is wonderful to hear that they made a good impression, especially as this is the 1st season at our front desk for both of them. I am very flattered by your kind words about my help too. I hope to be ‘in charge’ for many years to come but I hope that I won’t have to wait too long to welcome you back ’home’!
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at the Vineyard Square this past week. We had a great time. The location is phenomenal - we could walk to everything in Edgartown. And the views of the harbor and from the fourth floor porch were stunning. The room was lovely. Beautifully decorated. Free breakfast every morning that was quite nice - fresh baked muffins !!! But what makes this hotel such a treasure is the staff. The manager Joanne is simply the best hotel staff person I have ever encountered. She was warm, friendly, and personable. She knew the island like the back of her hand, recommending great hiking areas, and superb restaurants (Detante, Chesca's and L'Etoile were wonderful). While we were there, the whole staff was given the night off for a staff appreciation party and the three owners ran the hotel. They were great - no wonder they hired Joanne - they were equally friendly and accommodating, though they didn't know the island as well as she did. All around we had a great getaway and enjoyed this very nice hotel, beautiful town, and gorgeous island.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the one bedroom luxury suites and they were unbelievable - well worth the extra...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
VineyardSquare, General Manager at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
It means a lot that you call our staff a "treasure." We love knowing that our care and attention made an impression on you. We enjoy making our guests' time away extra special. I also personally want to thank you for the kind words about my knowledge of the island. I love Martha's Vineyard and it is truly a blessing that I get to share my knowledge and ideas with lovely people every day. Come back and visit "The Square" again soon!

Been to Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!