Two word review- stay here!! If you are planning a trip, long or short to the Vineyard, I highly recommend this hotel if you want an amazing experience. My fiance and I wanted to spend a few days away for my birthday weekend in August. We searched online and hoped to be in a nice location so we could get a feel for the Vineyard, but being New Yorkers we are used to having everything at our fingertips and within walking distance. We wanted to be near restaurants, shopping and the beach with little effort. Vineyard Square provided us with that option- it was so convenient, we could walk to everything. The room was lovely and immaculate, decorated in a cool green and filled with eco-friendly touches, it had exactly that beachy feel I was looking for without being too isolated.
A few other things that were wonderful- they have live music on the outside front porch on some nights and it was just so awesome to have that right next to the hotel. Also, if you need beautifying (like I did), the hotel has an amazing salon where you can get your hair done or a mani/pedi. It was so nice to have that right there so you can pamper yourself and I got so many compliments when i got home and back to work. I am thinking of going back in the off-season even. Ask for Salissa for hair, she is the best. Free breakfast was also a nice touch, with an outdoor back patio that had lots of comfy places to relax. Plus they have bikes for the guests... I never got my courage up to test one out and go riding- but it is totally a reason for me to go back and conquer the bikes! Oh and for all you fitness fans they have a small gym, I never expected that so I didn't bring my workout clothes.. but you can definitely get the time in.
Above all, the staff was so friendly and catered to our every need, whether it be recommendations for breakfast or supplies for the beach. Joanne and Evelyn are fantastic and if you have any questions, Wes who is also at the desk is one of those jack-of all trades where no task seems too large or small. I asked if he helps with weddings, because I know he would deliver top notch service for us!
Finally, I will review it separately as well but the restaurant Chesca next door was our favorite place to eat in Edgartown and it was so convenient being right at the hotel- the fun drinks, a lobster salad, and the Snowball dessert are things i can't get out of my head.
In all it was a perfect birthday trip and we can't wait to go back, perhaps we will make it our annual getaway every August!!!
- Also Known As:
- Vineyard Square Hotel Edgartown
- Vineyard Square Hotel
- Vineyard Square Hotel And Suites
- Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Edgartown harbor and the historic waterfront district, this Martha’s Vineyard hotel is just steps from world class shopping and dining in downtown Edgartown. Guests gather on the welcoming porch and front garden square, share island experiences, and chat with the knowledgeable staff. Come visit and discover a mixture of "beach modern" style and warmth; an unexpected blend of history, popular art, spa services, harbor views and exceptional, upscale cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.