Let me preface my review by saying I had a great experience making the reservation and checking in/out with Joanne. She was very friendly and we enjoyed our interactions with her. I rated the the service level as a 5 for our experience with her.
The location is nice, but the rooms really leave something to be desired. There were a lot of spots that were in need of repair, missing screws, holes in the bathtub walls, etc. The walls are VERY thin, as to be expected with old buildings, but I did get a bit tired of hearing my neighbors and everyone in the halls.
We were awoken by the police violently banging on our door at 2:30 am, by the time I pulled myself out of dreamland and dressed, the cops had already discovered they were looking for someone in another room, but then they proceeded to interrogate the man right outside my door and I could hear every word. Needless to say, I hardly got any sleep which made for difficult sight seeing the next day.
The clincher for me was when I went to grab breakfast in the morning and asked the other lady at the front desk what was going on the night before. I felt as though I was being accused when she said to me: "well you're in room 204, didn't you have a domestic disturbance last night?"
My jaw about hit the floor. Not only did I not get any sleep because the hotel directed the police to the wrong room, but I was then accused of being the person causing the disturbance. My husband and I were not happy. A simple "I'm sorry for the mix-up and keeping you awake all night" would have sufficed and left a better taste in my mouth.
I may come back to Martha's Vineyard, but certainly not back to Vineyard Square.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Edgartown harbor and the historic waterfront district, this Martha’s Vineyard hotel is just steps from world class shopping and dining in downtown Edgartown. Guests gather on the welcoming porch and front garden square, share island experiences, and chat with the knowledgeable staff. Come visit and discover a mixture of "beach modern" style and warmth; an unexpected blend of history, popular art, spa services, harbor views and exceptional, upscale cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vineyard Square Hotel Edgartown
- Vineyard Square Hotel And Suites
- Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard