My partner and I stayed at the hotel for a week in the off-peak season (Nov 2013). The hotel is situated right next to the Stop and Shop supermarket so it is very convenient if you want to stock-up on your late night snacks. From the hotel, it is a pleasant 10 minute walk to “downtown” Edgartown. If that is too much, you can always catch the bus that runs past the front of the hotel.
We stayed in a first floor corner room, which I believe is one of the hotel's larger rooms. The room consists of a double bed, a couch and coffee table, a work desk and chair, bedside tables and a closet to hang your coats. There is also a room safe but there is an extra fee per night if you want to use it. The room itself was pleasantly decorated and was clean and tidy. The bathroom was also clean and had a large sink/vanity, toilet and shower/bath. It comes with the usual selection of small bottles of shampoo/conditioners and soap. The shower works well and you're always assured of a good refreshing wash.
Being a corner room, it can be a little cold at night during the winter months. The room heater worked well but the fan was far too noisy to leave on for any length of time. It was noisy enough that you had to turn up the TV more than a couple of notches. It was a matter of heating up the room while we were out and turning the heating off when we came back in the evening.
The room came equipped with a bar fridge, a drip filter coffee-making machine and a microwave (rather handy for heating your leftovers if you get peckish late at night). The TV was a large flat screen unit and there was a good selection of channels. Free WiFi was available but its performance was a little patchy at times and depended on the number of guests using it during the evening.
Our hotel package included breakfast. This was a basic continental breakfast with boxed cereals, coffee/tea, muffins/cakes, fruit and pancakes (from a pancake making machine). I would skip the hotel breakfast and head into town unless you are feeling lazy. I recommend grabbing breakfast at Dock Street Coffee Shop where the food is deliciously bad for you (the menu includes French toast with bacon or bacon and eggs sunny side up… yummy!!). Being winter, many of the shops around Edgartown are closed for the season. Of those that are open, I would recommend visiting Espresso Love, Sharky's Cantina, Soigne, and the Newes. I also recommend the Artcliffe Diner (Vineyard Haven) and Linda Jeans (Oak Bluffs).
The only negative comment that I have about the hotel is the poor sound proofing. Being off season, the hotel seemed to be playing host to out-of-town workers staying on the Island temporarily. They can be a noisy and an inconsiderate mob, making far too much noise late in the evening and first thing in the morning, way too early for me.
Other than that, I cannot fault the hotel for its convenient location, comfortable rooms, affordable price and pleasant staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern inn in a quaint old whaling port, the Clarion Inn Martha’s Vineyard offers 34 LARGE modern rooms, each recently refurbished and appointed with full bath, king- or queen-size beds, cable TV with HBO, radio, telephone, microwave, refrigerator and air conditioning. Including Free: parking, continental breakfast, business center and faxes, high speed internet access wireless and hardwired. On-site restaurant: The Grille on Main. Open year round. Located in Edgartown – the most elegant of the Vineyards six picturesque towns - As a guest of the Clarion Martha’s Vineyard, you are uniquely positioned to enjoy all of Martha’s Vineyard. Situated in Edgartown’s business district, we are within walking distance of Edgartown’s historic village center. From June to September the VTA makes regular stops in front of the hotel and then trundles onward toward the village and famed South Beach. A bike path connects us to the village, beaches, and the other island towns. In addition, our front desk can assist you with other island activities such as golf, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, bird watching, or where to see the perfect Vineyard Sunset. We look forward to making your trip to Martha’s Vineyard an enjoyable and memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Carriage House Hotel Edgartown
- Clarion Edgartown
- Edgartown Clarion
- Clarion Carriage Hotel
- Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard Edgartown, MA