“Great location, great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard to your Saves list
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   227 Upper Main St, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02539   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Edgartown
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Great location, great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here for several nights. Location was great since it was within walking distance to center of Edgartown and many great restaurants. Staff was friendly, room clean and there was plenty of parking. The only negatives we could think of were that there was no elevator to the second floor (we had several large, heavy bags) and no laundry facilities. But in the big scheme of things these were no big inconvenience. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

What a delightful surprise! This small, 32 room, hotel is great...downright fantastic for the price. First of all, it's located in the perfect location...easy walking distance to everything in town, but on the quiet upper part of Main Street.

The rooms are wonderful. Super clean, great big comfy beds, flat screen TVs with all the channels, really nice bathrooms and...I'll say it again, super clean and modern. Like most hotels, the WiFi can be a bit spotty...but it's free. (Best WiFi speed is in the business center...where they also have a comp,I entry PC and printer.)

Free continental breakfast is quite good and the attached restaurant, The Grill On Main, is fantastic.

Most of all, the staff is wonderfully helpful in every regard. I highly recommend The Clarion and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our whole family stayed here and everyone was very happy with their rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here a few times now and the rooms are pretty clean and comfortable. Very economy, but nice enough for the price. However the wireless internet speed is terrible! I tried to do work and my emails would continually not send. I know the internet connection on the island can be weak, but this was seriously not acceptable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Let me start by saying I have been a guest at the Clarion Inn for several nights. This is my first time "on the island", and I must say the hotel is beautiful. The staff's attention to detail surpasses many higher end hotels that I have stayed in. In reading some of the reviews, I agree with many, and disagree with a few. I experienced no issues with using my debit card as I have learned to present the card you want to pay with at check in or pay cash in advance. I too got "burned" several years ago by not understanding that the hotel, when it takes your card, the system automatically holds the total room and tax, plus an extra amount for any incidental charges. Having learned the hard way, I am comfortable when using my card. The hotel staff are friendly, knowledeable, and accomodating. The rooms are fresh and clean, and the bed's allow for a very comfortable sleep. Please know, I have been in many hotels in my years, and I would rank Clarion Inn, one of the nicest quaint hotels I have had the pleasure of staying in.

Room Tip: Just one thing to be aware of, hotel does not have an elevator so if you are traveling for multiple...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Otis, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

A quick trip to the Vineyard for a funeral. My sister and I were very happy with the Clarion Inn. Our room was lovely, comfortable and clean. Staff on duty were friendly and helpful with directions to cemetary. The beds were very comfortable, we didn't really want to get up in the morning. Having the Stop 'n Shop right next door was a great convenience. We had a long trip and then the ferry ride and didn't actually get to the Inn until late so we went to Stop 'n Shop and got a couple of sandwiches and drinks and just watched TV and had dinner that way. All in all a very nice, but short stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 111.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Coventry CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Let me first start by saying that this was our second time staying at the Clarion. When we checked in we gave them our credit card as required . We told then that we would be paying with cash and some on our debit card ( not the card we gave them ). When we checked out, we gave them some in cash and he balance on our debit card. The total bill was $550.00. When we arrived home, we checked our debit card and found that they put a hold on it for $650.00, not the $550.00 we owed. In turn we ended up getting a charge on our debit card for insufficient funds. The charge was for $39.00. We called and spoke to,the Manager Jim. He told us to contact our bank about he overdraft charge. Not the answer we were looking for, since they were the ones to overcharge us. We tried going up the corporate ladder with no luck. We then checked our credit card that we gave them when we checked in. They charged us $550.00 on that also. So they charged us $1100.00 for our stay when it should have been $550.00. After another call to Jim, they credited our credit card back. All through this Jim was very rude and not helpful in any way. Being in the customer service business, I am very laid back when things go wrong. Accidents happen. When they happen, they need to be corrected. Jim would not help at all. He would not even consider crediting us the overdraft charge due to their mistake. Word of mouth is the best advertising out there. If you are reading this DO NOT STAY AT THE CLARION ON MARTHA'S VINEYARD YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

There was nothing special about the place, but it got the job done. My room was less-than-great, but I wasn't worried because I wasn't there too long. I needed a place to stay and this place was my only option. My bed was extremely comfortable and it was hard to get up in the morning. The bathroom was smaller than most would probably liked and it was very uncomfortable for me personally. I was not a fan of the place and will not be returning. I'm not an English teacher, so please don't gripe about my grammar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard? Share your experiences!