I have visited The Charlotte Inn many times over the years, and it remains our favorite romantic destination. The stunningly restored architecture, impeccable period decor, and meticulously maintained grounds have historic character that put the inn in a class by itself. The service is warm and personal, and yet gracious and refined. I cannot imagine what a labor of love it must have been to create this masterpiece of a setting, down to every elegant and authentic detail.
I am amazed by how flawlessly maintained the property is: gleaming brass and chrome, glossy paint, spotless walls and floors: how do they do it?
And the location is unsurpassed, on a quiet street but right in town and just a few steps to the shops, restaurants, galleries, and harbor.
All the staff, from the owners to the housekeepers, are so warm and helpful; I really have the sense that it is their pleasure to be of service. And the resident golden retrievers, Barclay and Nikki, wearing a necktie and bow respectively, are so sweet and well- trained.
It's a small thing, but I do love the Bulgari "green tea" toiletries. I normally don't use scented products, but there is something about the fragrance of these that transports me into heaven.
I also appreciate all the ways the staff go out of their way to guide us to the experiences we want to have on the island, including making available such a deluxe fitness center and spa. We loved relaxing and playing bocci and shuffleboard with our friends.
The inn is a peaceful, relaxing, luxurious refuge where I feel completely pampered and transported a million miles away from the hustle and worries of everyday life. Much gratitude to the innkeepers and staff for their creativity and dedication. I look forward to the next enchanting visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed as one of the "Top 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler's 2012 Travel Guide and a long-standing member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux small luxury hotel group, The Charlotte Inn is settled just a half block off Main Street and two blocks from the harbor-front in downtown Edgartown. Among 4 buildings are 17 guest rooms and 2 suites individually decorated with fine antiques in a wonderful English garden setting. The Charlotte Inn provides guests with what we consider the "ultimate luxury" - a glimpse back in time to a more peaceful and restful frame of mind. A visit to The Charlotte Inn - from an overnight or a week vacation - is an opportunity to escape from the hectic, rushed, technology and gadget driven daily routine and enjoy the simpler things life has to offer. With all that Martha's Vineyard has to enjoy as your daily playground - from beaching, boating, fishing, and sightseeing, to fine dining and shopping, to simply strolling along the historic whaling captain’s home lined streets along the harbor and down to the lighthouse, The Charlotte Inn offers our guests a relaxing home away from home to retreat to and an opportunity to cherish life's simpler times. Whether iced-tea on the porch with a good book, chatting with friends and fellow guests on a garden terrace, or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire with your companion in cooler weather, we hope that our guests embrace the opportunity to join us in the experience we work so hard to provide - a getaway from the stress and pressures of today’s fast-paced lifestyle and a chance to enjoy a peaceful reprieve in an atmosphere that is the perfect combination of elegance, luxury and comfort. Nothing satisfies us more than to provide our guests with this experience, and to watch them enjoy, unwind and cherish their time spent at The Charlotte Inn in the way that we prefer and as our adage suggests - "Behind The Times on Purpose". ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Charlotte Hotel Edgartown
- Charlotte Inn Marthas Vineyard
- The Charlotte Inn Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard