Excellent experience here. The gracefully executed details are what make The Charlotte Inn so special...a hand-written reservation confirmation, a hand-written "welcome" note left in my room, beautifully decorated common areas, and a myriad of little nooks/sitting areas all over the property.
I only ate at the restaurant for a quick breakfast, but the food and service were still both excellent.
I look forward to recommending this property to friends and family and also look forward to returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed as one of the "Top 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler's 2012 Travel Guide and a long-standing member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux small luxury hotel group, The Charlotte Inn is settled just a half block off Main Street and two blocks from the harbor-front in downtown Edgartown. Among 4 buildings are 17 guest rooms and 2 suites individually decorated with fine antiques in a wonderful English garden setting. The Charlotte Inn provides guests with what we consider the "ultimate luxury" - a glimpse back in time to a more peaceful and restful frame of mind. A visit to The Charlotte Inn - from an overnight or a week vacation - is an opportunity to escape from the hectic, rushed, technology and gadget driven daily routine and enjoy the simpler things life has to offer. With all that Martha's Vineyard has to enjoy as your daily playground - from beaching, boating, fishing, and sightseeing, to fine dining and shopping, to simply strolling along the historic whaling captain’s home lined streets along the harbor and down to the lighthouse, The Charlotte Inn offers our guests a relaxing home away from home to retreat to and an opportunity to cherish life's simpler times. Whether iced-tea on the porch with a good book, chatting with friends and fellow guests on a garden terrace, or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire with your companion in cooler weather, we hope that our guests embrace the opportunity to join us in the experience we work so hard to provide - a getaway from the stress and pressures of today’s fast-paced lifestyle and a chance to enjoy a peaceful reprieve in an atmosphere that is the perfect combination of elegance, luxury and comfort. Nothing satisfies us more than to provide our guests with this experience, and to watch them enjoy, unwind and cherish their time spent at The Charlotte Inn in the way that we prefer and as our adage suggests - "Behind The Times on Purpose". ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Charlotte Hotel Edgartown
- Charlotte Inn Marthas Vineyard
- The Charlotte Inn Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard