“Loved it and hope to go back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lightkeepers Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edgartown
The Lightkeepers Inn
You added The Lightkeepers Inn to your Saves list
25 Simpson's Lane, PO Box 488, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02539   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Edgartown B&B and Inns
Shutesbury, Massachusetts
“Loved it and hope to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stayed in Suite 4. The bedroom was tight/cozy but the living room/kitchen area was plentiful. I loved having a kitchen so we could cook our own meals instead of eating at the overpriced tourist trap restaurants. We came to the island to sightsee and visit friends who live on the island and the location was better than I could have hoped for. I didn't realize how close to the water this would be. In hindsight I wish I'd sprung for the extra few dollars to get the cottage in the back. There was a nice garden and patio back there and it would have been nice to have that.

Room Tip: their website is very helpful too.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
NE Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Really can't add much to the other reviews - this place is fabulous. It's immaculate, the toiletries are high-quality, furnishings clean and comfortable. We stayed in the Cape Pogue suite (#3) and were pleasantly surprised that the room was actually nicer than the photos on their website! There are books in several drawers, which was a nice touch, and fresh flowers on the table when we arrived.

Things I wish I'd known before we went:
1. There is a two-burner stovetop, small sink, apartment sized fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffeepot. High-quality coffee (Godiva convenience packs) and teas provided, as well as salt and pepper and dish soap. Anything else you need can be purchased nearby if you don't bring it with you. Local groceries weren't as pricey as I'd expected. Service for four dishes, silverware, cups and glasses provided, as well as can opener, butcher and paring knives, spatula and serving spoon. One- and two-quart saucepans/lids, 8" frying pan, small casserole in cabinet.
2. Housekeeping service daily, including washing dishes! We'd left some dishes in the sink one morning and they were washed, dried and put away when we returned.
3. Running the microwave, coffeepot and both burners simultaneously tripped a breaker.
4. If you require bright reading light, you might want to bring your own bulb, as the suite has 40w and 60w bulbs (although in the thank-you note we received, the innkeeper said she'd take care of that)

FABULOUS innkeeper and employees - we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Chatham,Nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

The location was walking distance to town. The kitchen had everything we needed to make meals! The kids loved being able to sit on the deck . Own parking spot.The housekeeping staff made this a pleasant vaca because each time I returned to my room everything was spotless. Heidi was accomodating when it came to Hurrican Earl. We will return next year! Only good memories of a wonderful vacation in a comfortable "home away from home"!! Thanks to The Lightkeepers Inn................

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Hoboken, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I just stayed at the Lightkeepers Inn last weekend and my boyfriend and I had a fantastic time. The Inn is very quaint and in a great location close to everything in Edgartown. Had a family room and kitchen, which I wasn't even expecting so there was plenty of room, more than 2 of us needed, but it was still great. We loved our private patio where we enjoyed the sun and played scrabble as the sun was setting. I saw complaints about the construction noise, but this was not an issue, I barely heard anything nor did I care because we were too busy exploring the area anyway. Within walking distance to many great restaurants and the harbor, would def stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

This was our first time to Martha's Vineyard, and we chose the Lightkeepers Inn based on other TA reviews. I was a bit apprehensive, at first, because of the construction across the street and being right on the Chappy ferry line. However, our stay was perfectly comfortable and enjoyable.
Although check-in time is 3 pm, our room was ready when we arrived around noon, and we were able to settle in before exploring. We were in #2, which provided more than enough space for the 4 of us. The location of the inn is really amazing - we took our car, but found we didn't need it at all since everything (restaurants, shops, bike rental) was within walking distance. The kids (ages 4 & 6) enjoyed being able to skip down the street to almost everything we wanted to see and do. Definitely rent bikes and head out on one of the great bike paths!
We left Saturday (just at Tropical Storm Danny was unleashing its torrents), and in our rush to get to the ferry we left behind an iPhone and some socks in one of the drawers. I didn't even realize this until I got voicemail from Pat letting me know she'd found them and would be happy to mail them back to me. When I called her to thank her, I offered to pay for postage, which she politely declined. Now that is what I call great service! This just reinforced our decision to go back to the Lightkeepers Inn next time we're in MV.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

We stayed in Rm. 5 of the Light Keeper's Inn during a vacation in June. The room was perfect. It had a nice size bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and living room with a dining alcove. It also had a large private deck with a table for eating out. We liked the fact that daily maid service, linens, and paper goods were provided. That is unusual for an apartment rental.
The room was spotlessly clean. And the maid was not at all intrusive.
Our room was quiet and somewhat isolated from the rest in the house.

The inn is conveniently located in downtown Edgartown yet away from most of its noise.
Although the ferry traffic to Chappy can be a hassle at busy times. The big SUVs make it almost impossible to get out of the driveway and down the street. Still, the location was great for us.

The inn keeper, Heidi, was available and helpful.

We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

The place was nice but not worth the price considering the construction across the street. It was non stop noise and diesel fuel smell. They can keep it!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Heidi R, Manager at The Lightkeepers Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
We had no control over the construction schedule on adjacent properties. Since this review, however, we have added energy-efficient windows which help to reduce outside sounds. Additionally there have been no more summer construction projects on Simpson's Lane since 2009.

Been to The Lightkeepers Inn? Share your experiences!