“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 56 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy a memorable, casual, and relaxed dining experience where rolling lawns meet the sea at Lure. We're located at South Beach, in Edgartown, at the Winnetu Oceanside Resort - away from the bustling crowds. Our Executive Chef creates high-quality, New American cuisine, inspired by local, seasonal, and sustainable ingredients. Lure is ideal for a special romantic dinner, yet friendly enough for the entire family. Enjoy your favorite cocktail and light bites in our lounge - or on our outdoor deck with an ocean view. Take our complimentary, sunset water taxi cruise from Edgartown directly to Lure, in-season. We offer plenty of free parking and can accommodate weddings, corporate meetings, and special events. Open mid-April through late October.
maine
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We had been instructed to visit this restaurant by two different sets of relatives who had both gone while visiting in the last month. They suggested we sit in the bar area,which we did and try the lobster salad sandwich which I did....delicious and HUGE. Being from Maine I am critical of anything having to do with eating lobster. It was very fresh and filled with a lot of meat. I also had the chowder, it was adequate. My daughter, upon arriving decided she had to have root beer.....she rarely has soda and never RB. But the hostess ( I think her name was Dodi) went out of her way searching for a RB. Our waitress Lindsay was also accommodating and friendly. The two of them really made the dinner very enjoyable. We were also told to try the chicken. We have chicken quite a bit but my husband ordered it and was pleased. The other item ordered was the chicken fingers...huge amount and tender and juicy.
We would highly recommend.

Visited July 2014

Winchester, MA
“great menu, atmosphere and view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

They have a great deck with comfortable couches, high tops, gas fire pit with a view of South Beach! They even have an awning for those really hot days and heaters for the cold ones. The restaurant has a great menu with many different local flavors. The bar has a few great different cocktails including a fresh blueberries, mint and blueberry vodka drink. The wine menu is great too. I don't know how the service is since I always sit at the bar which has a t.v. For some reason it is almost always empty. This is a much better option than all of the restaurants in Edgartown which either have only fried food or insanely expensive ($50) with terrible service. Give Lure a try, I think you will be very pleasantly surprised!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alabama
“Disappointing ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our food was average at best. Service was ok. Expected much more.
The deck is nice but they are not allowed to serve food or drinks on it.
The bar closes very early as well.

New York City, New York
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Everything on the menu is outstanding, but the Oysters and Halibut were the best I've ever had. Josh, Matt, Lindsay, and Dan will make the Lure Grill a perfect dining experience.

Visited June 2014
North Andover, Massachusetts
“A nice night away from Edgartown proper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

For the second straight year we've decided to venture out of the norm (aka the restaurants of downtown Edgartown) to the Winnetu Resort. They have a second floor restaurant and bar that is family friendly and reasonably priced. Where else can you drop your kids off to be supervised while you eat dinner?

For starters, we ordered a roasted veggie salad with beets, carrots asparagus, zucchini, peas, arugula, radishes and onions. Tasted very fresh, with ,ore than enough for two to share. It was topped with a balsamic reduction.

For dinner I ordered the shrimp scampi, which apparently ran out and was no longer offered that evening. My wife order the filet medium well, but ended up coming back medium rare. I ended up ordering the Atlantic salmon with ricotta and spinach roll ups on the side.

Drinks weren't bad, I got a Hendricks and ice tea, she ordered a Malbec for the vast wine menu. Note if you do order a "Dark and Stormy" they use Gosling and not Barritts ginger beer.

It's a great place to go even if you aren't on the resort. Definitely worth taking a drive to a place where you don't have to battle for parking.

Visited June 2014