We had an amazing time at this resort. The customer service is truly top notch. When the hubby made our reservations, the customer service rep coordinated our pick-up and drop-off at the ferry and our trip to their sister hotel, The Nantucket, in Nantucket.
Our room was lovely. Extremely clean and comfy. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was huge! We also had a small kitchen with a full size refrigerator in our room which allowed us to cook a few meals.
My girls loved the Kids Club! Every morning at 9:00 a van would come and take the kids to the Activity Center. They would have off-site adventures like going to the beach, going on turtle hunts and going to a local farm. The counselors were wonderful. Very kind and attentive. The night time kids club was also terrific. They would feed our girls dinner and then they would watch movies.
My daughters left their jackets at the Activity Center and the hotel was kind enough to mail them to our home.
The concierge, Tim Benoit, was fantastic! He coordinated our transition from the Winnetu to The Nantucket. Enrolled our girls in the day and night time kids club (in Nantucket), helped with their food selection and made us a reservation at a lovely local reservation. He also made sure our car was taken care of while we were in Nantucket.
Truth be told, the spa services at The Nantucket were markedly better than the services we received at the Winnetu. They weren't bad, they just weren't fantastic.
The fitness center was really nice but it being located in the Activity Center as opposed to the main hotel was a bit inconvenient. Especially since they have late hours (which is terrific) but means you would have to walk down a dark road at night. Not for this jaded New Yorker!!!
All in all we loved our time at the Winnetu and we will definitely be back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard