We spent 3 nights in the off season (middle of May) at the Winnetu. The accommodations were outstanding. The view from our balcony, which faced a beautiful pond with the ocean in the background, added to the overall ambience of the resort. Since we were there off season, our rate included our breakfast. The food was delicious at the breakfast buffet and the chef who prepared the omelets/eggs did a great job. He made any kind of egg dish you wanted and always did it with a smile. He even brought the eggs to our table so we didn't have to wait or go back. The bar was open, with an outstanding and friendly bartender, and since the main restaurant had not opened yet for the season, there was a bar food menu. We ate at the bar one night and thoroughly enjoyed the dishes we ordered. They were very tasty and the portions were very large. We were sorry we won't able to be there the night the restaurant opened. We knew the food was going to be great. Housekeeping kept our room very clean and made sure we had everything we needed each day. They were probably some of the hardest working housekeeping personnel we have ever seen, and they did an excellent job. The resort provided robes, beach towels and beach chairs. Even though the weather was nice, we didn't have truly beach weather so we didn't get to use all these things, --but it was nice to know they were there. All the Staff, Dave the GM. Steve the restaurant manager, Dan our waiter, our bartender, Mr. Benoit, Omar, and the front desk personnel were always there to check on things and to make sure our stay was pleasant --- and it definitely was. We had a living room with TV, a fully equipped kitchen, a large bathroom with a very large walk-in shower and a bedroom with another TV and the door out to the balcony. It is a wonderful place for families since there are so many activities for the children during the season. We would recommended it to couples also since Edgartown, as well as a large part of the island, has great shopping, restaurants and bars along with some beautiful beaches. This was our first visit to Martha's Vineyard, but we plan to return and will stay at the Winnetu again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 52 air-conditioned studios and suites and two cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Island Adventure Trips. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale Lure Grill restaurant located on-site. Resort open late April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard